What's new

JF17 Thunder's New More potent superior Engine

very good news ... now we can even think about different variants of JF 17 . The lessons learnt from JF 17 will help us improve further blocks of JF 17 and might in future pave the way for 'Stealth Technology' ... our Turkish brothers are researching with us . We can seek Turkish help in improving JF 17 as well since they have extensive aviation knowledge and they are our very trusted patners.

First French betrayed us and we made our avionics and now thank you Russians for blocking your engines, we have much better now

Indians you were dancing on us before, now please come forward to congratulate us :lol:

as I said before " Enemies Makes you stronger, Allies makes you weaker "

Last edited:
Congratulations on this improvement. And @Frankenstein, not everybody is in such a mood. I have already stated in that thread that there will always be a way by which u can accomplish things.

P.S. You are a senior member how can u make such a statement by taking in to account few people who are new to the forum.

Well a good news in face very good news ...

a few questions arise ... If some 1 can answer ...

1. Does it means the cost will be reduced ?

2. What is MTBO and TBO time for this engine ?

3. Can we have some TOT or TOPT for this engine or at assembling ?

I am keen to hear from some 1 of you to reply ...

^^ Very true. It is always interesting to compare engines' basic numbers. But it is often the hidden elements that take an engine from "good" to "great." The fuel controller, for example. A good one allows unlimited throttle movement in all phases, and simultaneously gives the pilot what he wants as quickly as he wants. Engine cycles/snaps from idle to full AB in combat were proven to be much more frequent than engineers initially anticipated, and an engine that spools up slowly is a great annoyance. Even worse is one that coughs or compressor-stalls in certain regimes.

The quality and durability of the hot sections. The ability to take damage and continue to run. There are many factors that go into a quality turbofan engine, and not all of them are readily obvious from company literature.

Great NEws, Now we just need to get the new radar and new avionics that makes it a decent fighter.:pakistan::china:

80 KN is underpowered don't you think...I mean for Tejas (a much smaller plane) we're talking abt 90-100 KN (Indian members?)

80 KN is underpowered don't you think...I mean for Tejas (a much smaller plane) we're talking abt 90-100 KN (Indian members?)

Tejas:
Dry thrust: 53.9 kN (11,250 lbf)
Thrust with afterburner: 85 kN (19,100 lbf)

Congratulations on this improvement. And @Frankenstein, not everybody is in such a mood. I have already stated in that thread that there will always be a way by which u can accomplish things.

P.S. You are a senior member how can u make such a statement by taking in to account few people who are new to the forum.

Why, Senior members dont get pissed??

Dear Thunder is also a much smaller plane and in the same class as Tejas.

make one sticky thread on jf-17 engine man damn every were engine engine engine.what wrong here

Interesting Note:

Meanwhile, Moscow daily, Kommersant, reported that future production of JF-17 would be in jepody. The Sukhoi and MiG-RSK director general, Mikhail Pogosian has written to the Russian export agency, Rosoboronexport, opposing the sale of the next tranche of 100 RD-93 engines that power the JF-17 and FC-1. The first 100 RD-93 engines were sold to the Chinese CAC in 2005 as 'export only' for China. Anticipating the Russian move, China has been working on its own engine WS-13 to replace the RD-93. The WS-13 was reportedly certified by the Chinese in 2007, has been in production since 2009, and is presently undergoing flight tests on an FC-1.

Asked about the Chinese WS-13 engine at the Farnborough Air Show, AVM Arif rportedly said "the engine needs time to mature, and it could be five years or more before it is ready." However, without disclosing, he said that Pakistan has other options for engines other than Russia and China. Show News (Farnborough) reported that the PAF is extremely happy with the JF-17, which has better than the older Lockheed Martin models of F-16A/B block 15 in its inventory. "The JF-17 has better avionics , a glass cockpit and the KLJ-17 radar can be compared to the Thales RC400," according to PAF pilots. Arif said that the PAF would have a mix of F-16C/D 52 Block 52 plus aircraft that they are now receiving from the US at the upper end and JF-17 at the lower end.

From "FORCE", August 2010. Force is an Indian Defence Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom