What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant believe who is managing their website but check out the headings and narration below

Digital Video Recorder (DVR)

Description :P

Audio Control Box (ACB) is the hub of audio signals management. It receives audio signals from on-board systems like mission computer, communication, navigation and weapon systems and routes these audio signals to pilot headset / recording systems.

Technical Specification
External Dimension: W x H x D (146x126x100mm)
Weight: less than 1.5 Kg
Input Power: 28V DC
Output Power: 50-200mW
Audio Input: 11
Audio Output: 05

PAKISTAN AERONAUTICAL COMPLEX KAMRA

A good video, looks like PAC has now understood the marketing requirements!

The JFT facility looks really tik tak on the inside, I have seen it from the outside and the building looks pretty ergonomic.

The computer graphic of a different nose shape also is interesting to see.

Also good to see that PAC has a indoor engine testing facility.

If there is going to be a redesign, as suggested by computer generated image showing diamond nose cone, could somebody do something about the spine & the canopy. Rearward visibility should be improved.

Fcuking joke of a redesigned PAC website. Total load capacity of JF-17 is 3400 LB

Also take a look at the max mach number still being quoted at 1.6????? I thought that it had been improved to 1.8 or more. Any comments?

The CAD image of redesigned nose also shows a fixed IFR probe hanging. I think it's probably design of 3rd block

Reactions: HRK
http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-thunder/71435-jf-17-thunder-information-pool-32.html#post4290972

So it does means that we would be having 50 JF-17s in total by June 2013 as per plans and hopefully 2nd batch will start producing too.

However i am skeptical of the In flight refueling probe coming in 2nd batch, as we have not seen any prototype picture so far either in China or Pakistan with it, thus 2nd batch coming up with it in such a short time period does seems difficult. My guess would be in 3rd batch as PAF currently or badly needs atleast 100 JF-17s by end of 2014 / mid of 2015.

But you never know.

971424_377521642365654_679315755_n.jpg

http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-thunder/71435-jf-17-thunder-information-pool-32.html#post4290972

So it does means that we would be having 50 JF-17s in total by June 2013 as per plans and hopefully 2nd batch will start producing too.

However i am skeptical of the In flight refueling probe coming in 2nd batch, as we have not seen any prototype picture so far either in China or Pakistan with it, thus 2nd batch coming up with it in such a short time period does seems difficult. My guess would be in 3rd batch as PAF currently or badly needs atleast 100 JF-17s by end of 2014 / mid of 2015.

But you never know.

I don't think there would be any significant testing or prototype modelling needed for a IFR probe since the plan for a IFR probe was kept in mind from the beginning of the project, so the designers would have kept that in mind while designing the aircraft...only a few changes would be required IMO, not any significant structural alteration to warrant extensive testing...after all Mirage was also done with very swiftly.

I don't think there would be any significant testing or prototype modelling needed for a IFR probe since the plan for a IFR probe was kept in mind from the beginning of the project, so the designers would have kept that in mind while designing the aircraft...only a few changes would be required IMO, not any significant structural alteration to warrant extensive testing...after all Mirage was also done with very swiftly.
Exactly, if PAC can plumb and install an IFR probe on a 50 year old Mirages, there's no reason why same provision can't be made on a brand new airframe,....somewhat dismayed why it wasn't installed from the start like with J-10.

Exactly, if PAC can plumb and install an IFR probe on a 50 year old Mirages, there's no reason why same provision can't be made on a brand new airframe,....somewhat dismayed why it wasn't installed from the start like with J-10.

Because JF-17 was inducted in haste without the FOC, load test, wing stress tests, weapons tests. Adding a plumb without knowing the effects it would cause on structure, perhaps that's why PAF didn't installed IFR initially

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom