What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about that first we would have to see what major changes come with BLOCK II if they still don't match with Mirages specially those with Rose thing than we would definitely will go for J-10 that too in large numbers

You misunderstand me completely. This has nothing to do with JF-17 future blocks, or any need for FC-20 in their stead. A little search and thinking could have shown you that FC-20 is not likely to focus on maritime strike role. At this point all speculation related to this is outlandish to say the least. Mindless speculations degrade the forum standards, and provide ammunition to those who love to laugh at our expense.

My guess is that they would likely work in tandem for a while. Reason is that our Mirages are equipped with systems not integrated/found on JF-17, eg. Exocet Anti-ship missiles. Plus we have a lot of experience with Mirages, they would not disappear overnight. Atleast not until JF-17 completely replace them in capability, not just quantity.

Honestly speaking, jft outclasses these Mirage Vs comprehensively, be it avionics, performance or weapons. The exocets on these mirages are antiquated and of limited range compared to C-802 derivatives arming the JFTs.

1240201_517378991674877_183798562_n.jpg

Inside flying thunder

Who took the Picture n why the helmet seem to have seen a lot of wear n tear

Yes, but those most members have been proved wrong in past before. Not to mention there is no evidence that PAF has received SD10 or that it has been even fired from JF17. In fact, it is still not clear whether Sd10B has completed its development or not.
nothing known about sd-10 but PAF would not release any pictures of sd-10 flying thunders..it wouldn't release any pictures of jf-17..
pretty obvious that we dont want a storm in indian media that will eventually lead to indian buying frenzy..
it should be pretty obivous that integrating a chinese developed missles with a chinese avionics shouldnt take a decade especially when photos have been released from the chinese side

nothing known about sd-10 but PAF would not release any pictures of sd-10 flying thunders..it wouldn't release any pictures of jf-17..
pretty obvious that we dont want a storm in indian media that will eventually lead to indian buying frenzy..
it should be pretty obivous that integrating a chinese developed missles with a chinese avionics shouldnt take a decade especially when photos have been released from the chinese side

What you trying to say PAF tactically admits it's afraid of IAF?

And it's a useless argument that India will go into a shopping spree. Look at their already purchasing list and economy, do you honestly believe JF-17 is superior to rafael and SU-30, and their Upgraded mirages that by showing an Armed JF-17 will cause Indians to buy more sophisticated arms?

An example, We all thought MAR-1 is delivered to PAF, But inside story was, thanks to Jane, delivery is scheduled to 2014 and only training rounds are delivered and biggest joke is JF-17 is not yet integrated with MAR-1 as PAF was in hurry to integrate it with Mirage first

Inside story with SD-10 would be similar. Admit it, SD-10 is not in PAF inventory, possible reason it's still going through developmental phase and JF-17 still going through testing and integrations

Why we are not seeing all the pods, BVR's, heavy weaponry with JF-17? because it hasn't cleared the FOC and funding crunches creating hurdles to achieve the FOC for JF-17

Going by PAF recent and distant past. If they are trying to hide something, it's not they got some super duper weaponry, It's their incompetency and pathetic affairs at helm they are trying to hide.

What you trying to say PAF tactically admits it's afraid of IAF?

And it's a useless argument that India will go into a shopping spree. Look at their already purchasing list and economy, do you honestly believe JF-17 is superior to rafael and SU-30, and their Upgraded mirages that by showing an Armed JF-17 will cause Indians to buy more sophisticated arms?

An example, We all thought MAR-1 is delivered to PAF, But inside story was, thanks to Jane, delivery is scheduled to 2014 and only training rounds are delivered and biggest joke is JF-17 is not yet integrated with MAR-1 as PAF was in hurry to integrate it with Mirage first

Inside story with SD-10 would be similar. Admit it, SD-10 is not in PAF inventory, possible reason it's still going through developmental phase and JF-17 still going through testing and integrations

Why we are not seeing all the pods, BVR's, heavy weaponry with JF-17? because it hasn't cleared the FOC and funding crunches creating hurdles to achieve the FOC for JF-17

It is better to "underpromise and overdeliver", but we seem to like the "overpromise and underdeliver" approach. Same story here. The fanboys overhyped the project needlessly, but real progress will take time, effort and resources to catch up. The JF-17 project will be a success, eventually. The present economic crunch is not helping either.

I am just hoping that PAC has started the production of JF-17 Block-IIs along with its dual seat aircraft as well.

I would really want to see 150 JF-17 Block-IIs in coming 5-7 years in PAF.

Did not know this.. Are you sure about it ?

I am just hoping that PAC has started the production of JF-17 Block-IIs along with its dual seat aircraft as well.

I would really want to see 150 JF-17 Block-IIs in coming 5-7 years in PAF.

In next 7 years I would like to see at least 200 JF-17 Block II and also between 60 to 80 J-10 B

Its not about hiding they have clearly showed what thunder can do...
Its all about preventing the hype.

It is better to "underpromise and overdeliver", but we seem to like the "overpromise and underdeliver" approach. Same story here. The fanboys overhyped the project needlessly, but real progress will take time, effort and resources to catch up. The JF-17 project will be a success, eventually. The present economic crunch is not helping either.

fanboys have no bearing on the future of the JF-17
as far as PAF is concerned, the plane "works" for what it was built for and in the international league, its ok too. nothing too good or too bad for the price one pays and what he gets. in the international outings with flight demonstrations, it has been compared by the western commentators with known western planes of its league that are currently under the service of many air forces. (anyone in doubt refer to Dubai airshow on youtube)

1175271_554702117926822_2021205090_n.jpg

ISLAMABAD: August 21 – Major General Wang Jiliang, Defence attaché of China paying a farewell call on Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt, Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force at Air Headquarters. -

fanboys have no bearing on the future of the JF-17
as far as PAF is concerned, the plane "works" for what it was built for and in the international league, its ok too. nothing too good or too bad for the price one pays and what he gets. in the international outings with flight demonstrations, it has been compared by the western commentators with known western planes of its league that are currently under the service of many air forces. (anyone in doubt refer to Dubai airshow on youtube)

I agree with you that the fanboys have no bearing on the project ultimately. Like I said, it will gradually achieve its designed potential steadily and with the provision of the required resources. However, reading older threads in this very forum on this topic give a clear idea of how some started to believe the hype, which is now meeting reality, as it always does.

"Although the FC-1/JF-17 is already jointly built with Pakistan Aeronautical Complex, FAdeA officials stressed that they are dealing solely with the Chinese in this matter."

They really want to set up a production line. Of course only China can make that happen

You dont us very well it seems... let me put it like this, if i go to the street and start asking random persons what they think about the military forces, and if we need to buy things, the general answer will be "Argentina will never be at war, we dont need tanks or planes", and if start asking politicians the answers will be VERY similar.

And dont even attempt to correct them, as soon you do that, they start qualify you of "golpista", im not sure what is the exact traduction, but a golpista is a person who wants to set up a coup and bring down the goverment.

The reallity of the situation is, for most of the people, the militarys are murderers who want to bring down goverments, and its good that they are in a bad situacion so they cant do that.

There are a few ones like me who can see reason, but is a rare thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom