What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
BVR..

84YYkqv.jpg

1dTIxzd.jpg

Afsous, we couldn't see such loadout on our JF-17's even after 6 years of service in PAF. Don't know why PAF feels so insecure to attach weapons and click some photos of JF-17 but they are perfectly ok with pics of 3 dropping tanks attach with JF-17

The root of the project goes back to the Mikoyan Design Bureau Project 33 followed by its amalgamation with the Chinese plans to further develop their own Mig-21 which evolved into the FC-1 project.

Ahh not this again. Mate, this has been discussed to death. JF-17 hasn't evolved from the Mig-33 project. I'd suggest you go through all the JF-17 mega threads (1-5). Lots of hidden info in them.

Ahh not this again. Mate, this has been discussed to death. JF-17 hasn't evolved from the Mig-33 project. I'd suggest you go through all the JF-17 mega threads (1-5). Lots of hidden info in them.

Ahh, but I would trust a source like Jane's which clearly states this fact.

the "fact" ends at the similarity of the engine manufacturer. both planes (Mig 21 and JF -17) are of different role & size
but for the sake of the claim and arument I would say, wow what a transformation,

I've been on this forum long enough to see this claim being repeated again and again, and shot down each time. Once again, if you really care about the subject, go through the JF-17 threads (1 to 5)...you'll find a lot of info buried within.

i think you need to know context in which jf-17 is related to mig-33, mig21 etc..
in late 80s and 90s both PAF, PLAAF studied different designs and though different approaches..this is amount to which jf-17 is related..
in end it was decided to abandon everything and start with full new design due to obsolete designs of mig21 or mig 33 and new evolving requirements of pakistan in context of rapid modernization of IAF

so in nutshell PAF studied different designs and different methodologies (like sabre 2) butt decided them to be worthless and started a new project.
so their is a connection but jf-17 design is not influenced by that connection

the "fact" ends at the similarity of the engine manufacturer. both planes (Mig 21 and JF -17) are of different role & size
but for the sake of the claim and arument I would say, wow what a transformation,

I agree, the original design has been transformed into a great little aircraft.

I've been on this forum long enough to see this claim being repeated again and again, and shot down each time. Once again, if you really care about the subject, go through the JF-17 threads (1 to 5)...you'll find a lot of info buried within.

Once again, Jane's is a respected reference source. Unless they retract their information, I will regard it as correct.

This is over 15 years old though

Thomson-CSF unveils RC400 airborne radar

Thomson-CSF Detexis says that, in its most powerful form, the RC400 has only 20% less range than the RDY radar developed for the Mirage 2000-5 and -9, while weighing half as much, at around 115kg (250lb).

This configuration provides tracking of up to 24 targets, eight of which can be targeted simultaneously, with automatic prioritisation of four. The RC400's modularity enables it to be offered in less powerful versions, says de la Bourdonnaye.

The radar can track a 5m2 (55ft2) target in low-altitude/look-down mode at 100km (55nm) range, says the company, and air-to-ground ranging is possible down to a "few metres" accuracy.

Cz Ministry here http://www.army.cz/scripts/detail.php?id=652 of defence say

"the ability to look up/down and shoot down") to a distance of up to 90 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom