What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi can you elaborate on your (bold) statement, what do you mean complete fuselage manufacturing. My understanding is that the most of the JFT fuselage is made in china and then shipped to Kamra for assembly by our engineers and
technicians.
but this image indicates that possibly the fuselage as well is now being manufactured at home.
also remember the Pshamim post..where he said new CNC's are being imported to even manufacture the complete fuselage at home.

filgFkn.jpg

Pakistani TV have claimed that this image from 2011 shows what is supposedly a mockup or prototype of the "new" JF-17 variant, being inspected by PAF officials.

971366_10151903622038852_688301653_n.jpg

Source:A chinese member

the new variant of JFT from the PAC official video also has a single piece canopy.

the new variant of JFT from the PAC official video also has a single piece canopy.

IIRC, from the chinese news, Block 2 specification was decided way back in 2011 and from Mid 2012 they were finalizing the specifications of block 3. That diamond shape and single piece canopy probably the block 3 designs that are being leaked through official channels

IIRC, from the chinese news, Block 2 specification was decided way back in 2011 and from Mid 2012 they were finalizing the specifications of block 3. That diamond shape and single piece canopy probably the block 3 designs that are being leaked through official channels

Indeed.i too think the same.this recent leaked configuration is for Block 3

so we have now some confirmed specs of JFT 3

*Redesigned diamond shaped nose
*Single Piece canopy
*Improved DSI
*Lerx modified similar to gripen
*Fixed IFR
*New engine(Pshamim)

these are the few known upgrades now.
AESA and Better avionics wont be a big deal

*Single Piece canopy
*Improved DSI
*Fixed IFR
*New engine(Pshamim)

Provided if fund are available then to implement these changes

As long as the weapon still dangle outside, the RCS control on JF-17 will not be much used.
I rather they concentrated on weight reduction and increase of thrust with upgrade of avionics and datalink.

As long as the weapon still dangle outside, the RCS control on JF-17 will not be much used.
I rather they concentrated on weight reduction and increase of thrust with upgrade of avionics and datalink.

exactly, i don't know why people are obsessed with the diamond nose, when we have those big fuel tanks, and weapons hanging on the wings.
having some composite parts will decrease weight and RCS

But the only problem with composite is that it's very hard to repair
some of my professor have worked wth it and they told me that operational wise, its a b*t*h

*Single Piece canopy
*Improved DSI
*Fixed IFR
*New engine(Pshamim)

If your post is to be believed then Configuraton of JFT-3 is quite good.
It's chined shaped nosecones to increase lift.

exactly, i don't know why people are obsessed with the diamond nose, when we those big fuel tanks, and weapons hanging on the wings.
having some composite parts will decrease weight and RCS

But the only problem with composite is that it's very hard to repair
some of my professor have worked wth it and they told me that operational wise, its a b*t*h

Probably can work on metallurgy to introduce some lighter weight but stronger metal frame. Also manufacturing technique can also result in lighter but equally strong frame and component. Chinese using 3D printing reported to have a weight reduction of up to 40% becos of the elimination of joints for Y-20. Stronger hydraulic presser will also result in superior titanium component that is lighter but stronger parts than traditional component using inferior presser.

Hi can you elaborate on your (bold) statement, what do you mean complete fuselage manufacturing. My understanding is that the most of the JFT fuselage is made in china and then shipped to Kamra for assembly by our engineers and technicians.

If you have seen the recently released documentaries about PAC, it is obvious that JF17 is not a screw driver and paint job for PAC as suggested by many especially our neighbours from the east. Built up fuselages for only the first 3 aircrafts for Block 1 were shipped from China and the rest was assembled by PAC. It might be same for each block.

hopefully in a few years MRF will be transformed into TRF =)

*Single Piece canopy
*Improved DSI
*Fixed IFR
*New engine(Pshamim)

yar what is this diamond shaped nose?..........like the f-35 nose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom