What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
JF-17 carrying CM-400:

jf-17_thunder_cm-400_akg_stand_off_missile.jpg

PAF wont find any aircraft carriers in the hills. should vector towards the arabian sea

PAF wont find any aircraft carriers in the hills. should vector towards the arabian sea

haha... :rofl:
good point....
maybe these are balochistan hills....
Koh-e-suleman range....
these are near Gawadar....
maybe 4-5 min away for JF-17 maybe these are heading towards sea side or maybe we are showing new carrier killer to Indians.:D.....:thinktank:
well these hills don't seems to be northern side....

Images suggest China's YJ-12 anti-ship missile under development.

Author:
Robert Foster, Washington, DC
Robert Hewson, LondonSection:

Last posted:
2013-01-23

New images may confirm long-held suspicions that China has been developing advanced supersonic anti-ship missiles in air and ship-launched versions.

The missile, known as the YJ-12, was first seen as a twin-intake ramjet design in model form at the 2000 Zhuhai Airshow. Since then, the configuration of the missile has changed significantly. These latest images suggest that the YJ-12 is a four-intake ramjet-powered missile that is a scaled-up derivative of the Tactical Missiles Corporation Kh-31 (AS-17 'Krypton') ramjet-powered anti-ship missile, designed by Zvezda-Strela and supplied by Russia to China from 2006-07 onwards.

Some Chinese sources speculate the YJ-12 weighs 2-2.5 metric tons, has a length of about 7 m, and can achieve speeds from Mach 2 to Mach 4 with a range of 250-500 km. As such it may fit into existing Chinese naval anti-ship missile containers. If these outline specifications are correct, the YJ-12 is a significantly larger and heavier weapon than the Kh-31, which is also produced in China as the YJ-91.

These sources also suggest the existence of a larger, vertically launched ramjet-powered anti-ship missile programme called the YJ-18, which may be similar in size to the 4.5-ton Raduga Kh-41 Moskit (SS-N-22 'Sunburn') that was acquired by China in the late 1990s.

COMMENT

The YJ-12 development would put Beijing in line with supersonic anti-ship missile developments elsewhere in the Asia-Pacific region, including Taiwan's ship-launched Hsiung Feng-3, Japan's air-launched XASM-3, and Indonesia's Indian-sourced BrahMos.

In November 2012 officials from the Turaevo Engineering Design Bureau 'Soyuz' revealed that China continues to acquire Kh-31/YJ-91 propulsion systems from Russia as the versions it produces domestically are still not able to match the performance of the original Russian hardware. The YJ-12's size may therefore reflect of a lack of efficiency with its ramjet propulsion system.

Also in November 2012, China and Pakistan displayed the CASIC CM-400AKG very high-speed anti-ship missile, which is being cleared for use on the JF-17 Thunder light fighter. It is possible that the YJ-12 and CM-400AKG were drawn up to meet a Chinese requirement, with the YJ-12 selected for the PLAAF, and the rocket-powered CM-400AKG design then being redirected as an export programme.

Future Block 3

PAF-Falcons-Calendar-Sep-2013-large.jpg

Wouldn't a JFT with CFT and IFR probe i.e Block-II be with a new (third) squadron rather than a older squadron (black spiders) which already has JFT's with it?

And is there also an IRST present there in front of the cockpit?

Wouldn't a JFT with CFT and IFR probe i.e Block-II be with a new (third) squadron rather than a older squadron (black spiders) which already has JFT's with it?

Are you sure CFTs and IFR will be included in Blk II? As far as I have heard, only updates in blk-2 will increasing the range of radar slightly and addition of an IRST. Also, CFT are pretty tricky to add. Anyways, can you tell me all the updates that blk 2 will have in case I have missed a few updates?

I did not create this picture. So ask your Black Spider question to whoever made it. Overall i'm looking at the CFT as a new thing and something that was never described to be a feature in Block 2. JF-17's development comes following the lines of F-16. Therefore, without doubt any such thing would most probably come in later Blocks, possibly in 3.

Are you sure CFTs and IFR will be included in Blk II? As far as I have heard, only updates in blk-2 will increasing the range of radar slightly and addition of an IRST. Also, CFT are pretty tricky to add. Anyways, can you tell me all the updates that blk 2 will have in case I have missed a few updates?

Improve Radar, IFR and an extra hard point plus improvement on software and ECM systems. That's what Block-2 is all about

Block-3 expected features. Improved engine, 9-10 Hardpoints, IRST and AESA radar. If finances permit we will see these features and yes Block-2 is IFR WALA. No CFT though.

Improve Radar, IFR and an extra hard point plus improvement on software and ECM systems. That's what Block-2 is all about

So I take it that it is a no on IRST. Also, where will you add an extra hardpoint? You already have one under the fuselage.

So I take it that it is a no on IRST. Also, where will you add an extra hardpoint? You already have one under the fuselage.

Yes no IRST and expected hard point is under the chin

Block 2 will get IRST.

Here is a pic of PT-06. Note, its going under testing phase. Not sure though it would be in front of the cockpit or placed as a hardpoint like this.

jf-17-irst-pod1.jpg

Reactions: HRK
Block 2 will get IRST.

Here is a pic of PT-06. Note, its going under testing phase. Not sure though it would be in front of the cockpit or placed as a hardpoint like this.

jf-17-irst-pod1.jpg

NO IRST man, There will be no IRST. It's offical

It is a fire-and-forget precision-guided weapon that can be fitted with several seeker options, which are understood to include an active radar seeker and an imaging infrared seeker with target-recognition (TR) capabilities. PAF sources say the missile can be pre-programmed with digital imagery for highly precise attacks against fixed sites in TR mode, but it can also be retargeted in flight by using the radar seeker option

IRST is plus minus..but that can be settled with extra hard point for a pod

Extra hardpoint will be for dedicated POD's

jf17thunderdubai2011.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom