What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
hope that block 2 will be highly advanced version of jf-17 ,
their delivery is late , but we need to be optimistic about it

Yes they introduce new feature like cruise control and auto pilot along with self start & autocock pad lock by using keychain. they also have voice navigator and a built in massaging seat. :rofl::azn:

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - JF-17 thunder reinforce defense system of Pakistan

ISLAMABAD, Sep 6 (APP): Development of a highly professional aircraft JF-17 Thunder was an important achievement due to its capabilities to meet the defence requirments and standards of the Pak Air Force.In a talk show on PTV on defence day on Thursday,the participents highlighted the professional specifications of the aircraft which was developed with the active collaboration of China.Capt.Nadeem Tariq of PAF said in the programme.He told that no Air force in the world manufactured their own aircraft but Pakistan’s Air force is the only who designed this. We have executed the vision of our leaders which they have made in 1980s.There are many reasons behind this step like it will prove to be very economical for Pakistan as it does not have to import aircrafts which wouldbe two or three times more costly. He added Moreover he said, it would be very beneficial because geo political situations are not always ideal and at crucial situations spare parts are not provided at right times. So we have manufactured such aircraft that is economical as well as easily maintainable.

All has gone quiet on the JFT and PAF front. No source is coming out with anything. The rumour mill has ground to a halt. I think it is to keep IAF guessing. As towhether they would announce anything, they will announce only that which serves their purposes an warns the adversary to keep its hands to itself.
Araz

I agree100%. Also, this the right approach from paf

I agree100%. Also, this the right approach from paf

They say that there's silence before the storm hits.....this may be it. I won't be surprised if they came back with a further modified version of JFT with some new stuff to semi-counter mmrca (proactive planning). This silence doesn't make sense as there is nothing in B II that would either surprise India or change the whole air force picture. So may be new stuff is being added and that's taking time. That's the most logical explanation for this. Otherwise the production should move on to BII by now with 4th squadron on its way I'd imagine

They say that there's silence before the storm hits.....this may be it. I won't be surprised if they came back with a further modified version of JFT with some new stuff to semi-counter mmrca (proactive planning). This silence doesn't make sense as there is nothing in B II that would either surprise India or change the whole air force picture. So may be new stuff is being added and that's taking time. That's the most logical explanation for this. Otherwise the production should move on to BII by now with 4th squadron on its way I'd imagine

Well how many of us really believe j-21 really exists as a project or it is only a pie in the sky !!!!!

ISLAMABAD, Sep 6 (APP): Capt.Nadeem Tariq of PAF said in the programme.He told that no Air force in the world manufactured their own aircraft but Pakistan’s Air force is the only who designed this.

I am not aware of a "Captain" designatin in PAF, unlr=ess it is Group Captain.

I would tend to disagree with the statement because all aircraft are designed/developed on specific requirements for certain roles from respective users be it air force, navy or marine corps.

All aircraft manufacturers / designers hire/employ ex-fighter pilots and incorporate their feed back , experience, expertise in the design.

PAF does not manufacture JF-17, PAC does which is a seperate institution. If we had a private enterprise which was manufacturing jet fighters, PAF would not get involved.

I assume because of finalizatin of Rafael by IAF, and PAF having sufficient knowledge of the capabilities of this platform because of previous evaluation, efforts would focussed on countering the capabilities or exploiting the weaknesses in rafael.

I don't see any other reason for such a long delay in induction of third squadron. Silence is important at this stage because rafael deal is not yet finalized, so if our new capabilites are annnounced prematurely, they can easily be countered in the deal finanlization.

I assume because of finalizatin of Rafael by IAF, and PAF having sufficient knowledge of the capabilities of this platform because of previous evaluation, efforts would focussed on countering the capabilities or exploiting the weaknesses in rafael.

I don't see any other reason for such a long delay in induction of third squadron. Silence is important at this stage because rafael deal is not yet finalized, so if our new capabilites are announced prematurely, they can easily be countered in the deal finalization.

I think I agree with your post. It's actually smart. You have a platform, instead of keep building it, you stop, add certain feature that may make it more competitor to even take on to the new additions in the IAF and then build the next batch. I don't know if JFT in its current frame CAN actually take on Rafale. But you can certainly add more features to be able to hold its own and be able to defend itself or have offensive capabilities matching Rafale's. At the end of the day, if you take out airframe specific features, it is the avionics and electronics that make a difference (not ALL the difference but they do make a difference).

By the way, Peshawar has been missing JF-17s, they hardly nowadays fly, once or twice on occasional instances see one or two of them in the day, this has been going on for last 2 weeks or so. Before eid, a friend did mentioned that the Sqds may be going for upgrades after the eid, but didn't give timeline or what upgrades to be exact. But he did mention it would be substantial and electronics and weapons integration also expected.

Will try to find him and see if any new update.

yes the rumour of upgrade has been going on for a while now.
It is plausible thats its actually happening now.

Yes they introduce new feature like cruise control and auto pilot along with self start & autocock pad lock by using keychain. they also have voice navigator and a built in massaging seat. :rofl::azn:
come on yar itna mazak bhi na banao bechare thunder ka

Does anyone know whether Block 1 will have a future aerial refuelling probe ?

May be it means that pilot training on Thunders is complete, so no more heavy flying. I don't think it's normal practice to send the whole squadron for upgrades, it should one or two jets at a time, or may be more depending on the available bays/lines at the upgrade facility.

By the way, Peshawar has been missing JF-17s, they hardly nowadays fly, once or twice on occasional instances see one or two of them in the day, this has been going on for last 2 weeks or so. Before eid, a friend did mentioned that the Sqds may be going for upgrades after the eid, but didn't give timeline or what upgrades to be exact. But he did mention it would be substantial and electronics and weapons integration also expected.

Will try to find him and see if any new update.

May be it means that pilot training on Thunders is complete, so no more heavy flying. I don't think it's normal practice to send the whole squadron for upgrades, it should one or two jets at a time, or may be more depending on the available bays/lines at the upgrade facility.

The Sqd are raised after pilot training is complete for the required number of pilots in the Sqd, thus that was not an issue, yeah giving more and more time to the pilots to fly and know their machines well enough is something else.

And the upgrades are not hardware related, they are mostly software related which can be done right on the base also. And as i said occasionally few do fly, but not with the regular pace as past practice. Its mostly software and may be very very slight hardware related stuff which doesn't needs to re-open the aircraft or required to be gone to the factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom