What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
we don't just need AESA we need an aesa with good range coverage ... otherwise vixen 500e would have been selected which has just 60km range ... and at the other hand Even if AESA is not in jf17 it is still lethal .

we don't just need AESA we need an aesa with good range coverage ... otherwise vixen 500e would have been selected which has just 60km range ... and at the other hand Even if AESA is not in jf17 it is still lethal .

off course it will be with good coverage,since according to rumors New radar will be equipped with a rotating plate(Swash plate) Could it be an AESA similar to Sweedish Gripen NG radar

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-...ole-fighter-thread-4-a-425.html#ixzz1zCAoxrot

post number 6370
courtesy sir pshamim

528371_412711512113135_105212793_n.jpg

Downloading flight data in a rugged laptop by Test and Evaluation team for analysis, from the avionics shaft.

Please, I am talking about the Block II. Someone asked why is Block II not ready yet and I mentioned that integration of weapons with the radar took longer time than expected.

What are you talking about? :what:

There has been NO change on the radar type apart from minor tweaks..
The BLOCK-II is EXACTLY like the BLOCK-I apart from IFR , A SAR mode.. and some improved ECM(all software based).

lets say 3rd squarden is delayed because Pilot conversion and the other related problem
all together this is PAF headache

bt dnt knw why the PAC is delaying the JFT 2 production?
are there any serious upgrade coming up?
I guess nothing is getting delayed its just PAF don't give info in advance to the media about the project progress........:smokin:

well to be honest, many experts on this forum have different views
some say its a pilot thing, other say AESA is ready, even some say that no radar changes have occured in block 2.
i think we would know only once its inducted and IF paf release any info ..!!

The BLOCK-II is EXACTLY like the BLOCK-I apart from IFR , A SAR mode.. and some improved ECM(all software based).

As gen Javed told to Kanwa that we are happy with Klj-7 performance as it has a range of 130km for a fighter size target(5m2)

so would they do any further tweaks?
or this 130km range is also confirmed for Block II as well?

i think if they do slight more tweaks they can increase the range to 140-150km easily

ppl ppl ppl ... pls koi kaam ki baat karo.... with sense. don't fight cos u think some thing and said. cos no body have the inside about the outcome. so why not wait and see. i don't understand that why some new, rather very new members here are trying hard to prove themselves "well informed" or knowledgeable enough. we have many well connected ppl like sir pshamim, etc here and many a time they have tell us their views on this. amazing.

Don't believe the rumors of JF-17. They are purposely spread to keep your hearts elevated. Show me any Past rumor which has become true? JF-17 Program Director in clear terms stated. "We are happy with KLJ-7, There will be no AESA in Block-2". Guys we are already have shortage of funds. How you gonna fit AESA? With AESA you need Upgraded RD-93 with more thrust which needs Money? Use your brain guys before advocating something again and again and again.

well,alright
leave the case of radar for the time being coz many of the think tanks e.g nabil_05 and sir pshamim still think that radar will be an AESA...
well just leave it...
no matter whatever radar is coming KLJv2 or AESA..will it support SD10B???

I GUESS yes it will for sure...so what more is needed??

OSCAR,

Whats the ECM system on JF-17 like? Any info that could be shared?? Like how it works, specs....etc?

it is a combination of a powerful internal radar jammer, missile approach warning system, radar warning receiver, identification of friend and foe sensor, external jamming pod and few other EW support sensors. The complete functionality is yet unknown as PAF sources has been tight lipped on most specifications however, due to a flexible 1553B MUX bus architecture, it can work with western systems as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom