What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
List of F-7MG

Overseas Customers... Country Designation.... Number..... Trainer Version..... Number

Pakistan................... F-7PG....................... 57............. FT-7PG.............. 9
Bangladesh............... F-7BG....................... 12............. FT-7BG.............. 4
Namibia.................... F-7NM...................... 12............. FT-7NG.............. 2
Nigeria..................... F-7NI........................12.............. FT-7NI.............. 3
Sri Lanka.................. F-7GS....................... 6................. --................ --
Tanzania.................. F-7TG....................... 4?............. FT-7TG?............ 1?
North Korea.............. F-7K...........................?*............ ? ?.................... ?

PK is already a JFT operator and F-7PG's are ideal 'lead-in' jet for pilots moving to the JFT and therefore these countries are potential customers for the FC-1.

Turkish jf-17(call sign tc-1)
military+photoshops.Turk+hava+Jf-17.jpg

artistic image
Is this only me or is it real ... in this artist impression, canopy of this machine is open where as he/she shows it flying :blink:.

Guys I have a question that , Kilmov brochure of RD33 series engine says "RD33 is an Turbofan engine presently in used on latest platforms like MIG29 and MIG35 and recently in FC-1 of CHINA AND PAKISTAN " Now when i read the specification, For the first RD33 Thrust is 50kn and 81.4kn with After burner. But RD 93 of jf17 says 79 dry and 98kn with after burner. does that means that JF17 thrust to weight ratio is >1. speed is >mach1.8?

Guys I have a question that , Kilmov brochure of RD33 series engine says "RD33 is an Turbofan engine presently in used on latest platforms like MIG29 and MIG35 and recently in FC-1 of CHINA AND PAKISTAN " Now when i read the specification, For the first RD33 Thrust is 50kn and 81.4kn with After burner. But RD 93 of jf17 says 79 dry and 98kn with after burner. does that means that JF17 thrust to weight ratio is >1. speed is >mach1.8?

Why not confirm it with ur "sources" ... :woot: LOL!!

Dont be offended man it was there so i had to do it... :) :police:

Anyways regarding the topic there was even a pilot from PAF that said the same (T/W is greater than 1 and we can see the proof, u can also refer to the vertical climb at Dubai 2011 in which the commentator said "

"its ceiling is 16000 meters , i think he's not there yet but he's not far from it..."
and if u can use headphones to listen to it ... u'll hear the comments like "nice" and "not bad" when JFT makes the climb..

As far as the speed goes it was advertised in Zhuhai, Izmir and Dubai as 1.8 Mach and u can also refer to one of the newspaper articles in Dawn way back in 06 (i guess) where they were discussing the Add ons in PT-04 and mentioned LERX and DSI .. and also the speed at 1.8 Mach....

So the speed issue is pretty much settled already unless PAF wants to give us another shocker.. if u know what I mean..:smokin:

Its near the 6:40 region..:pakistan:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not confirm it with ur "sources" ... :woot: LOL!!

Dont be offended man it was there so i had to do it... :) :police:

Anyways regarding the topic there was even a pilot from PAF that said the same (T/W is greater than 1 and we can see the proof, u can also refer to the vertical climb at Dubai 2011 in which the commentator said "

"its ceiling is 16000 meters , i think he's not there yet but he's not far from it..."
and if u can use headphones to listen to it ... u'll hear the comments like "nice" and "not bad" when JFT makes the climb..

As far as the speed goes it was advertised in Zhuhai, Izmir and Dubai as 1.8 Mach and u can also refer to one of the newspaper articles in Dawn way back in 06 (i guess) where they were discussing the Add ons in PT-04 and mentioned LERX and DSI .. and also the speed at 1.8 Mach....

So the speed issue is pretty much settled already unless PAF wants to give us another shocker.. if u know what I mean..:smokin:

Its near the 6:40 region..:pakistan:

Thanks yaar , I just share with you guys what I know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Same old questions, RD 93 is a version of the RD 33-3 series, with around 50kN dry and 84kN AB thrust. Klimov has shown the possible upgrade potential of the engine with up to 98kN, as a version of the newer RD 33 MK of the Mig 29K or Mig 35. But since PAF wants the chinese engine instead of the Russian for later batches, it is more likely that they replace the older Russian engines than to upgrade them.

The TWR of JF 17 with AB is close to 1 currently, depending on which emptyweight specs we take, but with dry thrust it falls lower than a comparable Gripen C for example.

Same old questions, RD 93 is a version of the RD 33-3 series, with around 50kN dry and 84kN AB thrust. Klimov has shown the possible upgrade potential of the engine with up to 98kN, as a version of the newer RD 33 MK of the Mig 29K or Mig 35. But since PAF wants the chinese engine instead of the Russian for later batches, it is more likely that they replace the older Russian engines than to upgrade them.

The TWR of JF 17 with AB is close to 1 currently, depending on which emptyweight specs we take, but with dry thrust it falls lower than a comparable Gripen C for example.

Not at all, There are orders for just over 150 RD-93's.. which is enough for the PAF's planned order of 150 JF-17's.
Till any more orders pop up.. there will be NO Chinese engines in either batch-II or Batch-III.

Not at all, There are orders for just over 150 RD-93's.. which is enough for the PAF's planned order of 150 JF-17's.
Till any more orders pop up.. there will be NO Chinese engines in either batch-II or Batch-III.
What? No spares............

Same old question ? than what is thread for ? the pathetic topic of "Versus" .
you are definitely wrong 2012 brochure of jf17 says RD93 with 98kn of thrust!!

what about those engine

according to SIPRI
50 rd93 were directly exported to pak from russia

and if we revive the 2006 batch order of rd93
that mentioned a upgraded 7-10% more thrust

any news from our official by the supply of rd93 directly to pak?

what about those engine

according to SIPRI
50 rd93 were directly exported to pak from russia

and if we revive the 2006 batch order of rd93
that mentioned a upgraded 7-10% more thrust

any news from our official by the supply of rd93 directly to pak?

Dubai airshow is the best proof !!
and where jf17 climb rate was excellent!!

All mirage, A-5 and majority of the F-7 squadrons will be replaced by JF-17, that means PAF will only be left with two types of planes the F-16s in limited numbers and the remaining bulk of PAF will be equipped with JF-17. Doesn't that leaves us at a disadvantage specifically speaking in terms of operational capabilities?

PS: I am not mentioning J-10 because we don't have them neither do we have a date to consider them into the equation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom