What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
October 6: The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) is to send three JF-17 Thunder fighters to Airshow China 2010 at Zhuhai in the Guangdong region between November 16-20.

Following the type’s international debut at this year’s Farnborough International Airshow in July when two aircraft attended the static display, the PAF is to send an additional aircraft to Zhuhai to take part in the flying display.

The JF-17 is a joint Chinese/Pakistan design known as the FC-1 Xiaolong in China developed by the China Aviation Industry Corporation (CATIC) and Pakistan industry.

1256zqv.jpg

2noopt.jpg

ohpxrl.jpg

2ue2n94.jpg

wvwmdu.jpg

qqznrt.jpg

2h4vujs.jpg

Last edited:
Azerbaijani defence minister was on a official visit to China.

They showed a news about his visit on TV, where JF-17 was demonstrated to him and he sat in cockpit.

There might be a final agreement.

Can someone tell me about air-to-ground capabilities of JF-17?

Because if its not that strong, I don't see the point as we already got Mig-29s, and we paid like 29 million dollars for each few years ago.

work on Jf-17 block II is started or nt?

and what about the French avionics deal?cacelled or alive?

Can someone tell me about air-to-ground capabilities of JF-17?

Because if its not that strong, I don't see the point as we already got Mig-29s, and we paid like 29 million dollars for each few years ago.

I dont know much abt AIR to GROUND capabilites of Mig 29. but JF-17 is 10-12million$ cheaper to Mig 29. JF-17 is very effective for air to ground missions (PAF first batch is designed for ground support)

JF-17 Air to ground capabilities
Radar range (air to ground):- KLJ-7 (family of Phazotron N010 Zhuk) = ~85 KM Source:-Reference
Cruise missile:- (Planned) Ra'ad ALCM (only for PAF, not for export) range is ~350KM.
H2 (Precision-guided glide bomb) :- ~60KM
H4 (Precision-guided glide bomb) :- ~120KM
LS-6 (satellite-guided glide bombs) (similar to American JDAM):- More then 30KM.
JDAM (American satellite-guided glide bombs):- (Planned)
MK-84 bomb.
CBU-100/Mk-20 Rockeye anti-armour cluster bomb

Click here to See Weki:- for refrences

External pods like
1)Self-protection radar jammer pod
2)Day/night laser designator targeting pod
3)Forward Looking Infra-Red (FLIR) pod

work on Jf-17 block II is started or nt?

and what about the French avionics deal?cacelled or alive?

French deal was on hold.
Block II, will only be with new radar (may be western AESA) and Russian\Chineese with more power and thrust vector. It will come out in 2012\13

I dont know much abt AIR to GROUND capabilites of Mig 29. but JF-17 is 10-12million$ cheaper to Mig 29. JF-17 is very effective for air to ground missions (PAF first batch is designed for ground support)

JF-17 Air to ground capabilities
Radar range (air to ground):- KLJ-7 (family of Phazotron N010 Zhuk) = ~85 KM Source:-Reference
Cruise missile:- (Planned) Ra'ad ALCM (only for PAF, not for export) range is ~350KM.
H2 (Precision-guided glide bomb) :- ~60KM
H4 (Precision-guided glide bomb) :- ~120KM
LS-6 (satellite-guided glide bombs) (similar to American JDAM):- More then 30KM.
JDAM (American satellite-guided glide bombs):- (Planned)
MK-84 bomb.
CBU-100/Mk-20 Rockeye anti-armour cluster bomb

Click here to See Weki:- for refrences

External pods like
1)Self-protection radar jammer pod
2)Day/night laser designator targeting pod
3)Forward Looking Infra-Red (FLIR) pod

Mig-29 are not so good at ground combat and that was my point. If JF-17 have not so good air-to-ground capabilities, I don't really see a point.

And 500 million dollars for 24 JF-17 dosen't exactly sounds cheap to me.

Mig-29 are not so good at ground combat and that was my point. If JF-17 have not so good air-to-ground capabilities, I don't really see a point.

And 500 million dollars for 24 JF-17 dosen't exactly sounds cheap to me.

Now wt u say abt JF-17 ground capabilites after having ma post.

I, my self havent seen or found any source for Mig 29 ground capabilites. I feel its weak in that...I agree with u.
ur comments required !!! :cheers:

I m not sure if you quite understood me.

Azerbaijan already operates Mig-29s. But they don't have strong air-to-ground capabilities.

So we need a real multi-role fighter. If JF-17 are not so good at it, I don't see a point with it.

Of course I m not very informed about JF-17, so if someone could enlighten me about JF-17.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom