What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
S0D20111121104933MT264970.jpg
S0D20111121104936MT765127.jpg

why is this tube on Nose of PT-06 and no such thing on JFTs produced in Pakistan....Does this mean PT-06 is employing different suit of avionics.......
i thought the PT-06 is JFT of pkistan in china for weapon testing & evaluations .....

I have a question may be stupid ''don't we get F100-PW-229 from america for over jf 17''?

I have a question may be stupid ''don't we get F100-PW-229 from america for over jf 17''?

Initially JF17 was the project between China & USA, used to be known as SABER II , At that time it was planned that Engine would be F100-PW-229 along with APG-66 radar. But Later US & China relation broke down and Pakistan joined the party ....in the end JF17 reformed.

We are using few US made components for JF17 manufacturing, but US will never offer its engine to China or PAK

Reference

Project_Sabre_II

why is this tube on Nose of PT-06 and no such thing on JFTs produced in Pakistan....Does this mean PT-06 is employing different suit of avionics.......
i thought the PT-06 is JFT of pkistan in china for weapon testing & evaluations .....

Its a pitot tube, used during testing stages of aircraft. Our JF-17s are operational aircraft thus you don't see such pitot tubes.

Pt-06 is for Chinese testing, PAF is doing weapons testing on its own jets.

JF-17 is a light weight fighter and F100-PW-229 doesnt belong to this league as its thrust with afterburner is almost 130kN. Thrust of RD-93 is 86kN. These two engines are from two different categories and cant replace each other unless there is a major change in the design of an AC. Moreover F100-PW-229 wont fit into JFT's airframe.

One question here. Are these test prototypes like PT-06 etc flown by Pakistani pilots at any stage?

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Its a pitot tube, used during testing stages of aircraft. Our JF-17s are operational aircraft thus you don't see such pitot tubes.

Pt-06 is for Chinese testing, PAF is doing weapons testing on its own jets.

Correction. Pitot tube is not only used during testing, it is also used in operational aircraft. To check the fluid flow velocity, aka air speed. So, it is also on operational aircraft.

I think he meant the long needle like thing in front of the nose. What is that.

One question here. Are these test prototypes like PT-06 etc flown by Pakistani pilots at any stage?

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Correction. Pitot tube is not only used during testing, it is also used in operational aircraft. To check the fluid flow velocity, aka air speed. So, it is also on operational aircraft.

I think he meant the long needle like thing in front of the nose. What is that.

Don't know about t-06, most probably a NO, but Pt-03 & Pt-04 were flown extensively by PAF pilots.

And from pitot tube i meant that long one on the nose cone, definitely there are others which we see just around the cockpit.

Just looking at this aircraft............ I say that this'll have the aerodynamic performance similar to Mirage 2000D

it's slightly better than F-16 (horizontal) due to a high AoA thanks to extended leading edges that provide extra lift like a canard arrangement, good fly by wire system and DSI. Simulations have proved just that.

These are two different missiles ?? :what:
I guess the Sky Blue C-802 was a dumb missile for weight carrying test, because if you see its Intake was not opened and was sealed with the body, even the exhaust was sealed too.
But now this unpainted yellowish missile is the real one for electronic integration loaded with the dumb one to balance the weight on both wings.
It could be C-803 instead of 802 but i am sure they are no different missiles (blue & yellow). Their size wing style are same. anyone can compare that.

Just looking at this aircraft............ I say that this'll have the aerodynamic performance similar to Mirage 2000D

Yes, Both planes are comparable.:tup:
JF-17block-1 is very comparable with Mirage 2000, Mig-29 and F-16 block40.

These are two different missiles ?? :what:
I guess the Sky Blue C-802 was a dumb missile for weight carrying test, because if you see its Intake was not opened and was sealed with the body, even the exhaust was sealed too.
But now this unpainted yellowish missile is the real one for electronic integration loaded with the dumb one to balance the weight on both wings.
It could be C-803 instead of 802 but i am sure they are no different missiles (blue & yellow). Their size wing style are same. anyone can compare that.
I read it somewhere that blue color scheme is used for dummy weaponary....cant tell about yellow one though

I read it somewhere that blue color scheme is used for dummy weaponary....cant tell about yellow one though
dear yellow is used when you are testing ....... blue is operational colour of PLAAF as i have seen different fighters carrying blue bombs and missiles and fired them but they are not fully loaded with explosives as it is used in traning....... but in larger picture colour doesn't matter........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom