What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is This image for real or another fanboy creation?

I was under the impression that second batch of thunders will have superior avionics and nthing much else is going to change from the current design.

However i do know that third batch will have cinsiderable design changes from current block.

Please could you shed any light on to if another design is being worked on currently and if so is your image the future?.

Kind Regards

It yells photshopped on top right corner of image.

JF-17 going to look even more Mean looking Killing machine?:
BBN- Defence Reporter: The Prototype version with a unique triangle-delta & Canard configuration, flies from Minhas Airbase Kamra. Various design changes and improvements for the next block of JF-17 are being considered, and the PT-DC [Delta-canard] has been built as a test bed for improved aerodynamics and avionics

5bd53e93c08cb9f0238d73dfb8aec073.jpg

:chilli::bounce:
Please Comment !
Redards:

Let me guess!!!!! A NAVAL version :smitten:

1- No documented data is available in this regard. Changes will be more on avionics side. May be AESA get incorporated. (but that is a guess)

2- First 50 will be Block 1. 10 are all ready with PAF rest 40 will join till 2011.

3- PAF will not make many operaitonal details public. I can't say anything about exact status of IOC or FOC... but one thing is sure project is moving with a smooth pace and PAC is working day in day out. According to ACM, First Pakistani assembled Thunder will be in air by end of this year and first squadron of Thunders will also be deployed by end of the year.
:pakistan:

As of today, just how many JF-17s have been received by the PAF?

2 as a test version- 6 delivered for 23 march and 4 more this year

What was the source of that headline. That pic of thunder is clearly Psed. Canards don't make any sense there.

I must agree with you Shaheen ..It does'nt satisfies me Eighter

By the way the web source is , noflyzone.com

This is where we start talking about truth !!

i have a very weak knowledge about Fighter jets but as far i know , i would Never Consider F22 and SU30 similar .

Lemme tell you something that the Information about F22's actual speed is a confidencial Information.
They say it can go up-to 2,410 km/h or in other words MACH 2.25.
But this speed is only on paper . its Thrust and Speed with many other features are Untold .

Su 30 mki is a really great aircraft its generation is 4.5
F22 is 5th genration a/c
IF you put both in a fight Su30 would be such an easy target because F22 would never be detected on its HUGE Radar.

So please do not say that they are the same next time
Regards:

LoL
History Channel has a program about dogfights and one episode was titled Dogfights of the Future,
Where An F-22 was pitted against a squadron of Su-30 MKI (the announcer actually said specifically MKI at first) and a Rafael. and Mig-29

so i dub this
USAF VS IAF

Enjoy Pak members, watch the IAF get blown out of the sky :hitwall:

I dont doubt the outcome in these videos but the Americans will hardly get so rosy a victory. Even though they said MKI once they did not seem to use any of the MKI features in the Video but went with the Basic Su-30.

This is just a more professional version of a fun animation.you did on the JF-17.
Funny how that animation depicted the JF-17's accomplishing what theses raptors did with even less effort.:rofl:

But hey a little something for the India members. enjoy:cool:
Su-47(PAK-FA/T-50 for today's relevance) vs F-22

Enjoy predicted scenarios accurate or not.
:cheers: all

Relevance to topic - future of air combat, how can it impact JF-17
and not the super fighter it is depicted as in that video posted by MZUBAIR

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems more like JAS39 Gripen .

How true this would be is there any significant research going on ? what do u think?:pakistan:

As you said that canards together with LERX cna be only some special test aircraft, regarding the research for development of JF-17 we know the expected improvements on block -2 frame would be stealth nose cone, plus twin wing tails and and inside the frame more powerful engine and better avionics.

Last edited:
The picture posted above is taken from a website that does military photoshops. I can't fathom, as to why are you folks taking it seriously?

LoL
History Channel has a program about dogfights and one episode was titled Dogfights of the Future,
Where An F-22 was pitted against a squadron of Su-30 MKI (the announcer actually said specifically MKI at first) and a Rafael. and Mig-29
Why are you getting so worked up about an animation? If you have a problem with it, contact the producer. Why waste PakDef bandwidth? History Channel obviously has more relevant research than someone who simply put together an animation, so yeah, it would make more sense. What you should be concerned with is, what about the Su-30MKI makes you feel so insecure that you have to rant about it here?

What you posted has been posted once before. Please do not double-triple post something because it makes you look smart. What do you want us to do? admit that the Su-30MKI is god's fighter jet? Ok, you win. I have no problem with you living in happy-land where Su-30s shoot down F-22s every day, but seriously, one more time you post something useless in an unrelated thread, you're getting reported.

Guys please stick to Thunders in this threat. Any news about first squadron induction??

China plans to market FC-1/JF-17 and J-10 fighters aggressively
By Siva Govindasamy

China plans to market the Chengdu FC-1/JF-17 and J-10 fighters aggressively as part of its plan to become a major player in the global aerospace industry. "While AVIC's main job is to manufacture aircraft, the company also fulfils a national agenda by producing military aircraft for China's political allies around the world," says a source close to Chengdu's state-owned parent company. "There are also countries that would like to buy a good fighter, but not at the cost of a Western fighter.

"While China's military aircraft have been exported for many years, this is the first time that there is a concerted effort to properly market them and establish a support network," the source adds. In the past few months, senior company officials have been identifying the military products that will be given the most attention for the export market. In the fighter segment, the JF-17 and the J-10 are the two most important aircraft, says the source. Given that the JF-17 has been in service in China and Pakistan for a number of years and is a mature programme, it is being given first priority," the source adds. Islamabad, which helped to develop the JF-17, has committed to buying 150 aircraft produced by the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex. This figure could rise to 300 aircraft to replace the country's air force fleets of Nanchang A-5s, Chengdu F-7s and Dassault Mirage III and Mirage Vs.

The JF-17 will be able to carry a variety of conventional and precision-guided bombs, and air-to-air and air-to-sea missiles from short- to beyond-visual-range. The type is already being marketed to countries in Africa, the Middle East, South America and South-East Asia. "The J-10 is not ready for export yet, as AVIC is still finalising upgrades for the fighter," the source says. "But there has been interest from several countries." AVIC is likely to begin exports of the new type - which entered Chinese air force service in early 2007 - after it has finished developing an upgraded J-10B version. Enhancements are to include a modified vertical stabiliser and ventral fins, redesigned engine inlet, a new radar and an infrared search and track sensor.

Pakistan is likely to be the first export customer, having begun negotiations to buy 36 aircraft several years ago. To be designated locally as FC-20s, deliveries are likely to begin from 2014-15. Beijing could extend loans to purchasing countries and offer local assembly if there are sufficient orders, the source adds.

A plane blocked the missile.
Yup this is exactly what is going to happen.

I totally agree with the events depicted in this video. You should submit this as a credible defense plan and sleep easy. Knowing you are secure under the protection of the JF-17 the most ..best fighter in the sub-continent.

But wait it beat the Su-30 MKI and the MIG-29 so it would be one of the best fighter jets in the world better than the comparable to the most advanced Western or Russian Aircraft(F-22 excused). but available at 1/3 the price.

Some one is burning.....smoke every where :chilli:

Originally Posted by gogbot
A plane blocked the missile.
Yup this is exactly what is going to happen.

I totally agree with the events depicted in this video. You should submit this as a credible defense plan and sleep easy. Knowing you are secure under the protection of the JF-17 the most ..best fighter in the sub-continent.

But wait it beat the Su-30 MKI and the MIG-29 so it would be one of the best fighter jets in the world better than the comparable to the most advanced Western or Russian Aircraft(F-22 excused). but available at 1/3 the price.

thanks for the complement!! :rofl:
regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom