What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ A quick translation would be appreciated.

Summary....

Invitation was sent to us for the first time to participate in Farnborough air show. From now on, JFT will participate in all major defense expos in world. So this will basically accelerate export efforts by China and Pakistan for JFT.

Big day for PAF

a.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

The only aircraft that can give u complete air superiority over IAF/upgraded Su-30 MKIs is the raptor (F-22 ) itself. I do not think PAF could have gone for it:P

You overestimate the MKI, I don't see how the MKI can cross the border and survive - assuming of course that Pakistan's air defense assets are intact. Make no mistake the MKI is more vulnerable than most in hostile air space - we established this when the MKI's came to Nellis. IMHO Pakistani air space is adequately protected once all F-16's are upgraded and JF-17 acquires BVR capability.

Hi,

No sir---but it is not the need of the hour---need of the hour was air superiority---.

You have to analyze at first why do you want to buy a weapon----who are you going to use it against and what will it do for you.

Pakistan is not going to fight its war in ether---it is not going to indulge it with himself---it is going to fight with india---. So, when the other arm of the millitary ( the army )has some kind of balanuce in equipment, the air force is completely out of whack.

They are 10 years behind where they were supposed to be----critically they are more like 18 years behind when the contract of M2k got cancelled in the 90's.

How do you define air supriority? Is JF17 the only platform PAF is pursuing? What is the role of F16 blk 52s/MLUs? Where does the FC-20 comes into mix? What is an optimum high low mix for PAF? What is the optimum cost benefit air defence structure for a resource constrainted country like Pakistan facing a much bigger enemy with greater resources. What is your recommendation on how PAF should replace 350 odd obsolete aircrafts. Lets say for the sake of discussion if JF 17 is a wrong decision, what alternate route PAF should have taken? Defence is as much about deterence as it is about fighting a war and Pakistan military in general and PAF in particular has done commendable job, with very limited resources, in deterring a much bigger enemy over many decades. Only a fool can think that Pakistan military can dominate the battle field in a conventional war with India so Pakistan's strategy has been to make it very expensive for India to try any misadeventure. This strategy has been tested and has worked and JF17 fits in very well with this strategy. Yes PAF has made mistakes but not to the extent you state and much less than the neighbour's airforce.

Once again your posts have no information, no substance, just pretence and opinions. You have little or no knowledge or understanding about topics you try to talk about with authority. I have read your posts for many months, you have a condenscending attitude towards other members on this forum. You put down posters like Nabil-05 who, I must say, has access to good information. I don't mind people making wrong statements or having wrong opinions as long as they know that they can be wrong but you pretend to be an expert and expect others to respect you but in reality you are a fake.

Last edited:
Bossman...simple agree with MK or disagree, you don't need to take it personal.
Have you really read MK posts? He has said if french avionics are approved it would be a different story a very potent system indeed.

This strategy has been tested and has worked and JF17 fits in very well with this strategy.

I'm sorry you cannot say it has worked unless Thunder has faced real war scenario against opponent. There are strategies that are battle proven and some are strategies that might work or not.
I am not sure even your post are opinions do you know that? Do you have authority? Now i am begining to think you did not go through forum and some member's post really well, you need to work harder chum.

Looking at Thunder touching down at farnborough, just one word came to my mind ...GRACE. These A/Cs are lookin' Gooood!!
Looking at the Tail number it seems these are one of the latest Units to be inducted, 10-111 was the first PAC produced unit, here we see 10-113 and 10-114.

Black spiders at Farnborough. Its a good day for the PAF and the Thunder. Despite all of its shortcomings, its the best thing that has happened for the PAF (I say this being mindful of the blk-52 induction/MLUs etc.)
See pics here:
Global Aviation Resource

Last edited:
blain2, I have uploaded some pics would you approve them, thanks.

Black spiders at Farnborough. Its a good day for the PAF and the Thunder. Despite all of its shortcomings, its the best thing that has happened for the PAF (I say this being mindful of the blk-52 induction/MLUs etc.)

Global Aviation Resource

The pictures of the Thunders look very good. I always like to see a fighter with something mounted on its wings.

You overestimate the MKI, I don't see how the MKI can cross the border and survive - assuming of course that Pakistan's air defense assets are intact. Make no mistake the MKI is more vulnerable than most in hostile air space - we established this when the MKI's came to Nellis. IMHO Pakistani air space is adequately protected once all F-16's are upgraded and JF-17 acquires BVR capability.

It has been cleared that the glitch has been resolved and it has BVR capability. Nabil and other senior members have disclosed that KLJ-10 will be installed on JF17's. Thank you for the post but it appears that it will fall on deaf ears among my Indian friends; their argument is that MKI is invincible because it has Israeli Radar, Avionics, Jammers and most importantly piloted by Martian Indian Pilots capable of sustaining 20G's.

I think its a great day for PAF and Pakistan that our bird is in England. Although not really happy that our baby wont be performing in the show, i think this venue was a great opportunity to showcase the airplane to potential customers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom