What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be honest yaar, tell me do you expect to kill MKI which has jammers, the best passive radar, one of the best medium range A2A missile, most maneuverable airframe using a plane which features none of the above?

Seriously, there is no comparison. F16 block 52+ is a better comparison. At least it has one of the best A2A missiles, along with a decent radar. That can give MKi some tough time but JF-17 would be a one man show for MKI.

MKI should be compared with Typhoon, Rafale, F18, F15, Gripen, Su35, F35. Once it gets its MLU in 5-7 years from now, it would have Irbis-E radar which is just second to APG-77 of F22.

Your post further strengthens the point made by notorious_eagle that IAF has so much blind trust in the MKI that if god forbid a war breaks out and they loose 3-4 MKI's even by chance against PAF planes, there morale will be so low that they'll loose the air war even before it starts. We have an example from history when IAF grounded all the fleet of Vampires when they lost of 4 of them over Run of Katch.

Your post further strengthens the point made by notorious_eagle that IAF has so much blind trust in the MKI that if god forbid a war breaks out and they loose 3-4 MKI's even by chance against PAF planes, there morale will be so low that they'll loose the air war even before it starts. We have an example from history when IAF grounded all the fleet of Vampires when they lost of 4 of them over Run of Katch.

it was in kashmir! and yes all 110 vamps were grounded!

Vampires were not grounded because of morale or what but simply because they were old and no match for the F-86s in terms of performance parameters. Flying them against superior F-86 would result in the unnecessary loss of life. In fact the vampires were not grounded but only withdrawn from the front line duty during 1965 and formally phased out in 1975. PAF also shot down many Hunters and Gnats, why were they not grounded?

Last edited:
Somehow though the officers I know in the PAF are more excited about the Block 52's then the Thunder, maybe it isnt all its cracked up to be.

This only shows how much Chinese and Indians need foreign expertise in developing top-notch systems, with of course China being broadly better than India --- a comparison that assumes significance only when Chinese and Indian members go hammer and tongs at each other.

We are not overconfident abt MKIs they speak for themselves :wave:

Be honest yaar, tell me do you expect to kill MKI which has jammers,

Yes Sardar Ji i am aware it employs Israeli EW/ECM, i am sure according to my Indian Friends its enough to blind all of the assets PAF will be deploying against MKI :lol:. On a serious note, just because its an Israeli Jammer does not mean that its simply invincible. Our boys have studied their Jammers well and know how to counter them. JF17 on its own has excellent EW/ECM capabilities. It features DAS, RWR, EW, ECM and MAW Suites along with most importantly Self Protection Radar Jamming Pods. Not to mention other Assets that PAF will employ that specialize in Electronic Warfare. So if you actually believe that MKI will jam the entire computer system of JF17, than please keep believing that like the rest of the Indian fanboys.

the best passive radar

Indeed, the BARS system is indeed very capable. But your theory has been proven wrong where only an Aircraft can guide a missile into the Enemy Aircraft through its Radar System and not the AWAC, refer to post 1943 becuase this is not the first time you have made a false claim.
The Best Passive Radar System has been neutralized with our 8 AWACS and 3D radars on the ground, your MKI will be detected long before it detects any of our Assets in their Air. Besides its huge RCS with those two huge engines will make it a magnet for a heat seeking missile :sniper:

one of the best medium range A2A missile,

Indeed any missile that India possess in its inventory is the best :lol:, NEWSFLASH its not an AMRAAM. PAF will possess SD10 whose range has never been made public, but we do know that the Chinese are in possession of the R77 and they would have done their homework before making the SD10. Heck some people have even claimed that it uses a Chinese Motor along with a Russian Datalink and a Radar making it superior to R77, but in the end we really dont know the details.
Besides, we also possess Darters in our inventory too. As Shamim Sahab has disclosed, its a Fire and Forget BVRAAM with a range of 120 km recieved with full TOT. It has enhanced manuverability, agility and a much better seeker.
For the MKI to unleash its load it will have to come near our border or inside our border, if not our Aircrafts can simply fly low to avoid its radar or its R77 because the heavy clutter on the ground is likely to misguide the R77 Seekers and Russian Missiles are known for that.

most maneuverable airframe using a plane which features none of the above?

Indeed, the TVC brings amazing Aerodynamics but they are great for AirShows but not in real life. When the other Aircraft features a Modern Active Guided Missile linked with HMS, the TVC wont do squat. JF17 itself has excellent Manuverability and Agility, our Block 15 is more agile but JF17 is more manuverable. Keep in mind Block 15 is the most manuverable and agile out of the entire F16 Series.

Seriously, there is no comparison. F16 block 52+ is a better comparison. At least it has one of the best A2A missiles, along with a decent radar. That can give MKi some tough time but JF-17 would be a one man show for MKI.

Indeed there is no comparision on Paper 1 on 1, but luckily we wont be fighting the war 1 on 1. The side which employs its assets more intelligently and efficiently will win the war, not the side which has better planes on the paper. I am actually glad you think a duel between JF17 and MKI would be a one man show for MKI, it indeed would be if they would be going one on one but that wont be the case in real life buddy ;).

MKI should be compared with Typhoon, Rafale, F18, F15, Gripen, Su35, F35. Once it gets its MLU in 5-7 years from now, it would have Irbis-E radar which is just second to APG-77 of F22.

One on One definitely except the F35. I will conclude it by saying that you guys need to get over with this fetish that MKI is God's Gift to Aviation, it simply is the best possible Airplane in the world. If it certinely was; i am sure it would have crossed the border Post Mumbai, although it tried but failed :D

Last edited:
Your post further strengthens the point made by notorious_eagle that IAF has so much blind trust in the MKI that if god forbid a war breaks out and they loose 3-4 MKI's even by chance against PAF planes, there morale will be so low that they'll loose the air war even before it starts.

Hi,

That is absolutely correct----the psyche of IAF revolves around the su 30--- 1/2 a dozen su 30's taken out in the first sorties of the war wil completely change the picture----the IAF will get mad and make a full scale air assualt---.

I believe that iaf will take a no holds barred startegy approach and make a full scale assault with all their available air power on the pak bases---a blitzkreig from the air---. This will result in the damage to pak bases but also the iaf may lose a large number of strike air craft as well---.

The bottomline is that how many aircraft losses the iaf is willing to bear to dominate the skies over pakistan----30--40--50%.

The problem also is that at the first sign of massive air strikes from india, the war will take a turn for the worst. Pak will possibly release all its assets against the enemy--conventional and non conventional.

Bottomline is that paf and iaf may only fly their planes around for show. Any kind of war will the precursor of terrible things to come.

Your post further strengthens the point made by notorious_eagle that IAF has so much blind trust in the MKI that if god forbid a war breaks out and they loose 3-4 MKI's even by chance against PAF planes, there morale will be so low that they'll loose the air war even before it starts.

Hi,

That is absolutely correct----the psyche of IAF revolves around the su 30--- 1/2 a dozen su 30's taken out in the first sorties of the war wil completely change the picture----the IAF will get mad and make a full scale air assualt---.

I believe that iaf will take a no holds barred startegy approach and make a full scale assault with all their available air power on the pak bases---a blitzkreig from the air---. This will result in the damage to pak bases but also the iaf may lose a large number of strike air craft as well---.

The bottomline is that how many aircraft losses the iaf is willing to bear to dominate the skies over pakistan----30--40--50%.

The problem also is that at the first sign of massive air strikes from india, the war will take a turn for the worst. Pak will possibly release all its assets against the enemy--conventional and non conventional.

Bottomline is that paf and iaf may only fly their planes around for show. Any kind of war will the precursor of terrible things to come.

My Brother Mastan
people in their jingoism and dick measuring dont realize what consequences a war in the region will have.Is each and everyone of us willing to lose his/her family members and willing to see coffins coming out of each and every house?!!! ur F*ing leaders will be on the first plane out to a safe refuge. You and I will clean their ****. Guys we need to understand that more than ever before, Peace should be sought at all costs.
Araz

My Brother Mastan
people in their jingoism and dick measuring dont realize what consequences a war in the region will have.Is each and everyone of us willing to lose his/her family members and willing to see coffins coming out of each and every house?!!! ur F*ing leaders will be on the first plane out to a safe refuge. You and I will clean their ****. Guys we need to understand that more than ever before, Peace should be sought at all costs.
Araz

war is an unavoidable part of our life. one day or an other you have to fight. and stop worrying abut coffins and dead because the one who died in war get the ultimate life

and i know that our leaders are bad @$$'$
so bleave me i never hope any good from them in my entire life

you say peace at any cost so even it is available at one's disgrace

such thing are only suited in speeches or books, reality is totally different

you live in uk, is there any word in english language for "garet"

and from previous experience i came to know that pki living out side Pakistan normally post such s**t

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Last edited:
Araz,

Thankyou for the response.

Hataf---,

Sir, we try not to use silly words like 'ghairat' etc etc etc---you can use those terms on a political forum, but this being defence related forum---we discuss issues in real terms.

Pakistan has fought all of its wars by now and possibly has india as well by this time--- ( against each other ).

As you are seemingly living in pakistan---I guess you are totally clueless how lopsided this conflict is going to be---maybe you have been listening to these politicians who would take the eyes of anyone who looked at pakistan with an evil eye---maybe you have been listening to the generals who have been talking high and mighty.

Yes, the paks living outside get a different view of the scenery---a fresh and clearer view and not a jaundiced view of those living inside. Don't challenge our loyalties to our motherland---just because we love our motherland different than you and want to make things better for it in the way we know best, doesnot give you any right to challenge our loyalties and thought.

Even india had to stop in its tracks 8 years ago and listen to its ex-pats---that was the only way to move forward to stop any progress of war---ie the reason for stalemate in 2002.

If there is a war---it is not going to be with india alone---but will be with india+israel---and with the blessings of the u s of a and possibly the rest of the world.

All of the world hates pakistan today---they would rather get rid of pakistan than anything else at any cost.

For that reason I have been saying---when you buy major weapons---they need to make a political statement---they need to make the enemy stop and think---is peace better or war---.

Yes Sardar Ji i am aware it employs Israeli EW/ECM, i am sure according to my Indian Friends its enough to blind all of the assets PAF will be deploying against MKI :lol:. On a serious note, just because its an Israeli Jammer does not mean that its simply invincible.

According to US air force pilot Terrence Fornof they are:

Israeli jammer on it would practically make them invisible to our legacy radar in the F-15 and F-16

Exercise Red Flag 2008-4 / Su-30MKI vs F-15, F-16, F-22

Our boys have studied their Jammers well and know how to counter them.

How did they get them?

JF17 on its own has excellent EW/ECM capabilities. It features DAS, RWR, EW, ECM and MAW Suites along with most importantly Self Protection Radar Jamming Pods. Not to mention other Assets that PAF will employ that specialize in Electronic Warfare. So if you actually believe that MKI will jam the entire computer system of JF17, than please keep believing that like the rest of the Indian fanboys.

DAS? That system is only employed on the F-35.

Besides, we also possess Darters in our inventory too. As Shamim Sahab has disclosed, its a Fire and Forget BVRAAM with a range of 120 km recieved with full TOT. It has enhanced manuverability, agility and a much better seeker.
For the MKI to unleash its load it will have to come near our border or inside our border, if not our Aircrafts can simply fly low to avoid its radar or its R77 because the heavy clutter on the ground is likely to misguide the R77 Seekers and Russian Missiles are known for that.

Source?

Indeed, the TVC brings amazing Aerodynamics but they are great for AirShows but not in real life. When the other Aircraft features a Modern Active Guided Missile linked with HMS, the TVC wont do squat. JF17 itself has excellent Manuverability and Agility, our Block 15 is more agile but JF17 is more manuverable. Keep in mind Block 15 is the most manuverable and agile out of the entire F16 Series.

Does this mean the F-22 was built for airshows too? The truth is tvc can improve performance through out an aircraft's spectrum; however, tvc benifits mostly in the low speed spectrom of performance, this is important because the better pilots can often dictate how the dogfight will be fought, and even as recently as the gulf war close quarter dogfights took place, so tvc can be a valuable asset.

Does this mean the F-22 was built for airshows too? The truth is tvc can improve performance through out an aircraft's spectrum; however, tvc benifits mostly in the low speed spectrom of performance, this is important because the better pilots can often dictate how the dogfight will be fought, and even as recently as the gulf war close quarter dogfights took place, so tvc can be a valuable asset.

You forgot fuel efficiency and marginal increase in thrust of the engine along with instantaneous turn rates.

well we pakistanies need to accept this that mki is far more mature and lethal platform as compare to thunders.. currently thunder can comparable to indian mig 29 and mirages 2000's but not mki.. lets hope future upgrades on thunder make it enough competent against mki..

An indian told me

jf-17 is comparable to ther Mig bisons

and LCa MK1 comparable to f-16 bock 50,mig 29,gripen Ng

while LCA mk2 comparable to typhoon,rafale,mig 35 and f-18..

and i said very true along with this shair

Dil khush rakhnay ka ye khayal acha hay ghalib...

On a serious note, just because its an Israeli Jammer does not mean that its simply invincible.
According to the Amercians they are. Israeli jammers are the best in the world. The recent exercises are a proof and even the F-15 pilot whose video was circulating everywhere said that the jammers on Mig-21 were so effective that even the F15 couldn't detect them.
Our boys have studied their Jammers well and know how to counter them.
False claim. None of your boys have any info on Israeli jammers. Even the US has nothing to counter them.
JF17 on its own has excellent EW/ECM capabilities. It features DAS, RWR, EW, ECM and MAW Suites along with most importantly Self Protection Radar Jamming Pods.
how do you know they are excellent??? These are the most basic avionics and present on even Mig-21. Nothing exceptional about them.
BTW, PAF is not satisfied by these avionics and is looking to upgrade these even before the completion of first squadron. Speaks plenty for the excellence of these avionics.

And which radar jamming pod are you talking about? Just googling and wikipedia is not enough for an analysis. Name the jamming pod and tell me its abilities.

Not to mention other Assets that PAF will employ that specialize in Electronic Warfare. So if you actually believe that MKI will jam the entire computer system of JF17, than please keep believing that like the rest of the Indian fanboys.
Sure PAF will employ multiple assets but that doesn't mean India will not. India even has the AWACS killer missile Novator k-100. If you are taking AWACS into picture, care to take K-100 into picture too. MKI is capable of effectively jamming JF-17's avionics. It might not be successful every time but the probability is very high.

Indeed, the BARS system is indeed very capable. But your theory has been proven wrong where only an Aircraft can guide a missile into the Enemy Aircraft through its Radar System and not the AWAC, refer to post 1943 becuase this is not the first time you have made a false claim.
Let me explain to you one more time. Guidance of missile through AWACS is possible but there are requirements. The radar of the AWACS should be compatible with the datalink of the missile. A western AWACS will not be compatible with chinese missile and vice versa. Only KLJ-7 will be able to guide an SD-10. Erieye will only be able to guide an AMRAAM.

But this is the not the primary problem. The problem is that to launch a missile the JF-17 needs to get in range of the MKI. That is where the catch lies. Before JF-17 could get a lock on, MKI would have already launched the missile.
Guiding from AWACS is not a possibility here. And since the missile today are fire and forget, they have an onboard active seeker. In the last 15-20 kms, this seeker takes control, and will automatically home to the hostile aircraft.
The Best Passive Radar System has been neutralized with our 8 AWACS and 3D radars on the ground, your MKI will be detected long before it detects any of our Assets in their Air. Besides its huge RCS with those two huge engines will make it a magnet for a heat seeking missile :sniper:
You do not have 8 AWACS today.
MKI will be detected with AWACS. True. But to neutralise it, you'll have to send in something. And that something will be in range of the MKI. AWACS can't fire missiles, you see.

Indeed any missile that India possess in its inventory is the best :lol:, NEWSFLASH its not an AMRAAM. PAF will possess SD10 whose range has never been made public, but we do know that the Chinese are in possession of the R77 and they would have done their homework before making the SD10. Heck some people have even claimed that it uses a Chinese Motor along with a Russian Datalink and a Radar making it superior to R77, but in the end we really dont know the details.
I think I said one of the best. R77 and AMRAAM are the best missiles in the world. No doubt about it. And thats what I said.

The chinese SD-10 uses a reverse engineered seeker from R-77. But that seeker only becomes active in the last 15 kms of its course. The motor is the main concern here, being chinese doesn't make it better, it makes it worse.
Care to show proof for your claims. and the version of Darter you're talking about. There is no darter missile with such range.
The one that is under negotiation is A-Darter. Unfortunately for you, its still under development and only by Brazil and SA. There is no Pakistan in there. So there goes another false claim of yours.
Another assumption. Ever heard of look-up and look-down modes of radar. Go read up.
Low flying aircraft are only invisible to ground radars. Unfortunately for you, we have AWACS and fighter aircraft with radars in the sky.
Grapes are sour??
TVC is not just for airshows. It is a great tech that not only helps immensely in dogfighting but also helps evading missiles.
Indeed there is no comparision on Paper 1 on 1, but luckily we wont be fighting the war 1 on 1. The side which employs its assets more intelligently and efficiently will win the war, not the side which has better planes on the paper. I am actually glad you think a duel between JF17 and MKI would be a one man show for MKI, it indeed would be if they would be going one on one but that wont be the case in real life buddy ;).
I agree with the bolded part. But a better aircraft would certainly help.
Right now, the qualitative and quantitative advantage is with India, so the last comment of your stays invalid.
One on One definitely except the F35. I will conclude it by saying that you guys need to get over with this fetish that MKI is God's Gift to Aviation, it simply is the best possible Airplane in the world. If it certinely was; i am sure it would have crossed the border Post Mumbai, although it tried but failed :D

Actually it isn't Indians but Pakistanis who are obsessed with their aircraft. MKI is one of the best 4.5++ gen aircraft and the world accepts the same. Take it from a RAF Typhoon pilot.
http://www.domain-b.com/aero/july/2007/20070720_indra_dhanush.htm
It is JF-17 that is being overestimated by miles. Its barely a 4th gen aircraft with bare minimum capabilities. Yet here you are comparing to MKI.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom