What's new

JF-17 Block II, A Final Thunder & The FC-20 - Updates

sometimes our speculations just goes way beyond reality...
^^ why would PAF want to retire out current thunders in 4-5 years? (or whenever the production get completed)

^^ why would PAF want to retire out current thunders in 4-5 years? (or whenever the production get completed)

First of all it does not make sense to retire new airframes in less then a decade while it would be beneficial to replace F-7PGs in the first place, alot of inconsistencies.

First of all it does not make sense to retire new airframes in less then a decade while it would be beneficial to replace F-7PGs in the first place, alot of inconsistencies.

Its more than just speculation. This is coming from a very credible source. Maybe some clarification will help:
The retirement of the block 1s isnt exactly retirement. These block1s will be transferred from active combat duty to two other squadrons, one the OCU squadron and the second for training foreign pilots on the JFT. These both squadrons will be needed and will be very important. Note: This news shows that there has been considerable interest in foreign markets for our bird.

im not sure about the aesa in blk2--- the general atmoshphere in chinese fora wasnt believing the authenticity of this rumour atleast a couple of weeks earlier , according to them , aesa might not be in even j10b at the moment , then how come its been developed for jft blk2 and to be delivered 50 units with aesa within this year

I wont discount it just yet.......Have these people ever been predictable??? They love playing around with us......They are crazy I tell you...CRAZY!!!!

Razgriz, my man i posted wat i got for the sake of sharing information ,so every1 has a chance to get their hands on each n every bit of info regarding jf-17 been available anywhere, i thought of eagle hannan to be credible enough source to quote him , its not me rather many other well informed sources also take his words seriously

He came up with many significant things regarding jf-17 a year or so ago and those words also proved to be accurate to certain extent,

Lets wait when it becomes true, I remember U-214 Subs source as well and all gone dead.
Not to forget that J-11 news and source when PAF hands are full already.
If It's true well and good if the link goes dead then it was a bad publicity stunt.

im not sure about the aesa in blk2--- the general atmoshphere in chinese fora wasnt believing the authenticity of this rumour atleast a couple of weeks earlier , according to them , aesa might not be in even j10b at the moment , then how come its been developed for jft blk2 and to be delivered 50 units with aesa within this year
^^bro.you are right.
chinese members( in cdf) differ widely on j10b radar (because of the pic of latest j10b radar testing were disclosed)
but according to huzigeng( a very trustworthy person in cdf)
he said that he telephoneed his friend(Nanjing rada institute) about this question .his friend suggest him that j10b is a aesa not pesa.

When are we expecting to receive the first of these 50 planes ? Was it 6 weeks or 3-6 months time frame ? that was stated

100 JF17 thunders in Pakistan Airforce in 2011 wow just fantastic new

@ this is in reply to a commenter who stated there is no in between stage between stealth and conventional plane

If we hide the signatures well enough it confuses the radar operator into assuming that its not a fighter plane but only a small bird or balloon or non threat - so there is a in between why would americans build silent eagle and sell it to Saudia if it did not work

Razgriz, my man i posted wat i got for the sake of sharing information ,so every1 has a chance to get their hands on each n every bit of info regarding jf-17 been available anywhere, i thought of eagle hannan to be credible enough source to quote him , its not me rather many other well informed sources also take his words seriously

He came up with many significant things regarding jf-17 a year or so ago and those words also proved to be accurate to certain extent,

i appreciate that you're sharing info with us on thunders and im not doubting anyone's credibility.
i was just saying that retiring the new airframes is .......weird and it doesn't sound like.... "PAF-ish". u know how long PAF uses aircrafts untill they start to fall apart lol.

i appreciate that you're sharing info with us on thunders and im not doubting anyone's credibility.
i was just saying that retiring the new airframes is .......weird and it doesn't sound like.... "PAF-ish". u know how long PAF uses aircrafts untill they start to fall apart lol.

That happens to all poor countries, Is not PAF-ish behavior, its poorish behavior:cheesy: Look at our MiG, they are falling like Newton's apple, but still we are carrying it... "Jugaad" is something what we poor country rely on ...

Jugaad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@ this is in reply to a commenter who stated there is no in between stage between stealth and conventional plane

If we hide the signatures well enough it confuses the radar operator into assuming that its not a fighter plane but only a small bird or balloon or non threat - so there is a in between why would americans build silent eagle and sell it to Saudia if it did not work

Azad Pakistan , look like you don't know ABC of Stealth... Let me educate you once again...

1. External weapon contribute 3-4 Sq M RCS. Even If you can bring down RCS of JF17 to 0.1 Sq M, fully loaded FC1 will have RCS of 3-4 Sq M.
2. F15 silent eagle is huge plane (Size of Su30), It can carry only 4 missile under its internal weapon bay (If only Internal weapon bay is used), How much a small plane like FC1 or LCA can carry in its Internal bay?? one missile?? One missile can not Guarantee kill.
3. With every country going AESA, its difficult for LO Aircraft to remain stealth.
4. I have just talked bout Frontal RCS, I have not yet talked bout IR signature and other RCS.

The Moral of the story is:
1. Stealth/VLO FC1 is myth and useless.
2. Pakistan must start new project to develop a stealth fighter (from scratch)
3. Experiments on LO JF17 is good for Pakistan R&D sector, they must do it.:pakistan: But ppl like you must not boast on capability of it.
4,. R&D work never go waste, even if you fail, you will get enormous knowledge.
5. Pakistan have china, Pakistan must learn as much possible from china, no one know what will happen in future.

Had you read my reply you woul've known. Btw the OCU and the foreign pilot training squadrons were told about by eagle hannan.

This thing also popped up in many other members mind, but according to pshamim some of these jf-17 will be transferred to OCU squadron and some will be used for training foreigners

the only time jft blk1 would be shifted from the frontline squadrons is when we have better fighters than these just think yourself why would we shift jft when we might still be using f-7s for airsuperiority---- maybe j10b induction is closer than we think

2. Comprehensive upgrades for low RCS profile including cockpit glass, RAM paint, refined structure, completely new nose structure for AESA, significant increase in the use of composites and retractable refueling probe.

Simple question... is Block -2 going to host more internal fuel to avoid the external tanks?.. is it going to have internal weapons??... if true then it is fine to reduce the RCS.. if not... it is just waste because when you put your external stuff your RCS will shoot to nearly 5m2 depending on the load type ... it doesnt help any way... that is why there is no effort made to reduce RCS in MKI ... it really doesnt make sense for 4th generation fighters..

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Azad Pakistan , look like you don't know ABC of Stealth... Let me educate you once again...

1. External weapon contribute 3-4 Sq M RCS. Even If you can bring down RCS of JF17 to 0.1 Sq M, fully loaded FC1 will have RCS of 3-4 Sq M.
2. F15 silent eagle is huge plane (Size of Su30), It can carry only 4 missile under its internal weapon bay (If only Internal weapon bay is used), How much a small plane like FC1 or LCA can carry in its Internal bay?? one missile?? One missile can not Guarantee kill.
3. With every country going AESA, its difficult for LO Aircraft to remain stealth.
4. I have just talked bout Frontal RCS, I have not yet talked bout IR signature and other RCS.

The Moral of the story is:
1. Stealth/VLO FC1 is myth and useless.
2. Pakistan must start new project to develop a stealth fighter (from scratch)
3. Experiments on LO JF17 is good for Pakistan R&D sector, they must do it.:pakistan: But ppl like you must not boast on capability of it.
4,. R&D work never go waste, even if you fail, you will get enormous knowledge.
5. Pakistan have china, Pakistan must learn as much possible from china, no one know what will happen in future.

My views are already posted ;)...

Back
Top Bottom