What's new

JF-17: a major achievement

I have been to Dhaka, Kushtia and Khulna. I have seen the poverty in Bangladesh. Bangladesh is small poor country and doesn't need a huge Air force.
Why would Bangladesh want J-10? J-10 will be expensive for Bangladesh. They can hardly maintain 16 MiG-29SE/UB.
I think Pakistan's used A5c, F-7P, plus 18-36 Jf-17s will be a great fit for Bangladeshi Air force.

Bangladesh reserves are at @ $10 billion now and they should spend some on Bangladeshi Air force , rest poverty is every were in Sub continent.

I have been to Dhaka, Kushtia and Khulna. I have seen the poverty in Bangladesh. Bangladesh is small poor country and doesn't need a huge Air force.
Why would Bangladesh want J-10? J-10 will be expensive for Bangladesh. They can hardly maintain 16 MiG-29SE/UB.
I think Pakistan's used A5c, F-7P, plus 18-36 Jf-17s will be a great fit for Bangladeshi Air force.

when u are surrounded by borders, the insecurity feeling is more, Bangladesh is a poor country but it can very well maintain a good airforce...

Bangladesh reserves are at @ $10 billion now and they should spend some on Bangladeshi Air force , rest poverty is every were in Sub continent.

More then 90% Bangladeshi live under poverty, I think Bangladesh should spend this money to improve economy.

Maybe in 25 years when half of Bangladesh population migrate to India (Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura)

It is likely that if China were to succeed in developing its fourth-generation aircraft, Pakistan would like to associate itself with it.

The PAF also plans to progressively undertake the indigenisation of avionics and armaments of the JS-17. This aircraft is has the potential for continuous upgrades, termed as a 'block approach'. There is a built-in provision for stealth and air-to-air fuelling.

db5ec03a766a79cbbf4aca072ec6bbc5.jpg

3fe820e84d615b0baa29cc554eb4cd36.jpg

6087f69794b34f509ce932792f09c18b.jpg

980e4c7d88ba779860e085379ca578f2.jpg

Lol please dont talk like a baby when you dont know anything about the LCA, on this forum its so easy for many people to just talk crap about the LCA, when they have no idea what the LCA is. JF-17 is a good aircraft but not an achievement of Pakistan. It is 100% made in China with Pakistan only contributing to finance and the specs that it wants. Can someone give me 1 article with any information about Pakistan's contribution to the JF-17 ? Nope there is not article because the contribution was almost non-existent. And even then the JF-17 in its current form not with all the "Proposed" upgrades is a high 3rd generation or a low 4th generation aircraft. Where on the other hand the LCA, which uses many foreign parts, is fully designed and made by India. Yes it uses many foreign made parts but that is to ensure it quality and performance. If someone actually spends time to read about the LCA, you will come to know how advanced this jet is. Not only does it use composites significantly but also uses a state of the art avionics package. Not to flame but in reality the LCA is as good or better than the JF-17. I know all of you will start to jump onto bash the LCA again but please read thoroughly about it before you comment. JF-17 is a great jet but do not start comparing it with everything in the sky. Delays in the LCA are to map out everything that can be a problem so that the LCA can have a long and steady life with the IAF. So stop criticizing someone else to make your achievement look bigger. :cheers:

Eh, I should say, I agree with ya, 70%...
Look, the most important issue in the FC-1 program is China helped Pakistan to build their own aviation industory, that's the point, I doesn't matter how much pakistan contributed in the current project.
'Cause China wanted his brother to has a independent defence.(China has nothing 30 years ago, but now, we are design the 5th gen fighter)

JF-17's future engine: fws-12 under development , 8,500kg, thrust ratio 8.5

Isn't the future engine for JF-17 named WS-13, as the below engine has information board with 9,500 KG thrust, while you gave it as 8,500.

WS-12 is for J8 and another variant for JH-7A.

????

Isn't the future engine for JF-17 named WS-13, as the below engine has information board with 9,500 KG thrust, while you gave it as 8,500.

????

JF-17's engine:

WS-13(copy RD93)
WS-12(the future engine for JF-17 )

J8's engine:

WP-7

WP-13BII

WP-14

JH7's engine:

WS-9

Last edited:
As per specs JF17 seems to be a capable 4th generation fighter jet. How satisfied are the Pakistanis that these jets will replace F-7s and Mirages in their fleet ?

As per specs JF17 seems to be a capable 4th generation fighter jet. How satisfied are the Pakistanis that these jets will replace F-7s and Mirages in their fleet ?

Sources from inside the PAF say that the pilots flying the JF-17s are very happy with its performance and loving it just like an F-16 or more.

Do remember all the pilots flying JF-17 are from F-16 program with good amount of time on F-16s.

I was told by a pilot stationed at Kamra, that some pilots were given the option to go back to F-16 program as shortage of pilots was faced at that time and the pilots flying JF-17s refused and opted to stay with JF-17 program.

@taimikhan - that's interesting news ! If pilots enjoy flying a plane it's a good sign. Kudos to JF-17. Nice to see that Pak will be less dependent on US planes for it's defence. You might have found them an unreliable partner ? Am i right ?
I hope India doesn't opt for US made jets !

@taimikhan - that's interesting news ! If pilots enjoy flying a plane it's a good sign. Kudos to JF-17. Nice to see that Pak will be less dependent on US planes for it's defence. You might have found them an unreliable partner ? Am i right ?
I hope India doesn't opt for US made jets !

Very very unreliable partner, if India does get them, they should get the maximum juice out of USA and keep itself secured from sanctions time period.

????

Sorry, my mistake. it's 9500 kgf.
fws-12 is also the next-generation middle-sized fighter that will have two of it on board.

It is likely that if China were to succeed in developing its fourth-generation aircraft, Pakistan would like to associate itself with it.

The PAF also plans to progressively undertake the indigenisation of avionics and armaments of the JS-17. This aircraft is has the potential for continuous upgrades, termed as a 'block approach'. There is a built-in provision for stealth and air-to-air fuelling.

db5ec03a766a79cbbf4aca072ec6bbc5.jpg

3fe820e84d615b0baa29cc554eb4cd36.jpg

6087f69794b34f509ce932792f09c18b.jpg

980e4c7d88ba779860e085379ca578f2.jpg

PS pics but i like.What i only concern with is engine,for example TH(WS-10A).I hope Xian(WS-15) do better than LiMing(WS-10A).No engine No jet.
JF-17 is a good start .
PS: what i heard is that at the beginning ,LCA is designed with the France's help ,and now with the help of GE .Is right?

Last edited:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom