What's new

Jawans may soon have top-class Italian machine guns

Colt MGI multi-caliber

Switzerland's Sig-Sauer

IWI Galil ACE

Beretta
ARX160

I might be wrong but I thought India was interested in the weapon made by Israel, the same rifle that also featured in the documentary future weapons.

I guess you refer to the Tavor 21. All special forces,the parachute regiment and some central police forces use it but its not multi cal capable. Thats the problem.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

puskaiwigalilace31.jpg

Its just plain sad that the govt has to buy small arms from other countries.

Wow India is really going all out to mordernise it's armed forces. This gun is awesome and is also high on the list with the US military.

I love how almost every country enjoys dealing with India it is because they all respect the country and know that India is not going to reverse engineer their tech or sell it to other nations.

Also heard there is a massive deal in the offering between France and India not talking about the raffy fighter deal here. Something bigger is in the works but it's more a civilian project which involves France, Japan and Germany.

We in France love India and you guys know you can count on us. ;)

sorry for this noob question... what exactly meant by multi caliber......?

sorry for this noob question... what exactly meant by multi caliber......?
That means the gun can be field modified to fire 7.62mm or the 5.56mm cartridges, depending on the requirement. That means changing the barrel of the gun, a few other pieces and the magazine (which contains the bullets). It may also include the ability to fire small caliber grenades.

Wow India is really going all out to mordernise it's armed forces. This gun is awesome and is also high on the list with the US military.

I love how almost every country enjoys dealing with India it is because they all respect the country and know that India is not going to reverse engineer their tech or sell it to other nations.

Also heard there is a massive deal in the offering between France and India not talking about the raffy fighter deal here. Something bigger is in the works but it's more a civilian project which involves France, Japan and Germany.

We in France love India and you guys know you can count on us. ;)

Probably another nuclear power plant???

We desperately need energy right now...

Its just plain sad that the govt has to buy small arms from other countries.

Even the US does it. And its the Army that makes the decision not the GOI. If Indian firms cant bring up something useful that the army wants, then they should go for foreign guns. And as long as we can mass produce them locally, everybody is happy, especially the jawans who can carry world class arms of high quality instead of Insas rifles.

It is only the infantry that will get these rifles, right? Under the F-INSAS programme? Will the soldiers of the other arms continue to use INSAS?

In any case, the total requirement would be a few hundred thousands, since our infantry is so huge.

It is only the infantry that will get these rifles, right? Under the F-INSAS programme? Will the soldiers of the other arms continue to use INSAS?

In any case, the total requirement would be a few hundred thousands, since our infantry is so huge.
The F-INSAS is more than just an infantry upgrade- it is a modernisation concept for the entire IA. Naturally the Infantry will be the first guys with the new ARs but of course the entire IA and late IAF and IN wi recive this rifle too in time.

This gun is also a contender for multi caliber assault rifle for FINSAS project.

CZ-805 BREN

6838184140_b60e3b9153_z.jpg

bren1.jpg

5410657442_153a865f7f_z.jpg

In 5.56 cal you can find better rifles than this IA got no taste.:confused:

This is not just 5.56cal. Its multi-caliber to fire three different types of calibers.:angel:

Can someone tell me about the Multi-caliber which was said to be developed by DRDO ?
Last December Saraswat informed that new gun is on trials and will soon replace INSAS. What happened to that rifle? we Don't even get to see the prototype.

Back
Top Bottom