What's new

Japan's growth hurt by row with China: World Bank

My god, Viet is the biggest weaboo on this forum, I haven't seen such major Japanese kiss up since I went to comic con.

I too would like to know more about your absurd ludicrous "state union" Viet. How does forming this union elevate Vietnam's status from third world to first world and save Japan from it's economic black hole?

Seriously, a union between China and Japan is more likely than a Japanese-Vietnamese Union, because Götterdämmerung made a good point, Vietnam and Japan share no cultural ties, while China and Japan on the other hand have a lot in common; Japan's entire culture today is based of Tang Dynasty culture, and even a great deal of their written language uses Hanzi.

All Japan needs to do is make a proper apology for what they did in WW2 like the Germans did, which would most likely end most of the hostilities against the Japanese among the Chinese. When that happens, I'm sure China would be more than happy to finally forgive and forget and save Japan's economy from total doom, and when the two nations become closer and closer, they will eventually form an East Asian union - achieving peace in East Asia for the first time in 200 years. When that happens, China and Japan can just share the disputed islands since they are after all in a union in this hypothetical and overly optimistic scenario.

Did I ask for your opinion? Are you a Nazi?

You are like a monkey who jumps up and down when a Viet member comments on a topic that does not fit your taste. I can feel your "Herrenmensch" in your sentences. It is just disgusting. Seriously I am really interested what Japan and Japanese people think of a state union with Vietnam?

You know what's disgusting? You and the illiterate Pinoy love using the word Nazi to refer someone who doesn't agree with you guys. Go look in the mirror and you will see an ugly human being insulting others by using the name of a government responsible for WW2. Immature and childish attacks that's what it is.

@Götterdämmerung

Ok, now comes my serious response:

How do you conclude that Japan and Vietnam do not share anything in common?

That´s far from the truth. One of the obvious is both Japan and Vietnam are sinicized by China. Vietnam itself adopted classical Chinese as its official literary language and most aspects of Chinese culture, including the administrative system, architecture, philosophy, religion, literature of China, and even a general cultural outlook. As for Japan, it is similar.

2013-01-16T113627Z_2_CBRE90F0W2000_RTROPTP_2_CNEWS-US-JAPAN-ABE-ASEAN.JPG

Reuters/Reuters - Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe (L) and his Vietnamese counterpart Nguyen Tan Dung review the guard of honour during a welcoming ceremony at the Presidential Palace in Hanoi January 16, 2013

As a evidence, at the recent visit to Vietnam, the Japanese PM Abe responded to a question:

What is your message to the Vietnamese people on this visit?

Two years have passed since I last visited Vietnam. Vietnam has made great strides since then. I look forward to visiting your country to directly feel the atmosphere and witness the change. It can be said that Japan and Vietnam started to have ties in the 16th, 17th centuries.

The two peoples have many common cultural traits like using chopsticks, eating rice as the main food and Buddhism. Vietnam has charmed many Japanese tourists. Many Japanese companies are expanding investment in Vietnam. I know that there are more and more Vietnamese learning the Japanese language and loving Doraemon.

I myself have many times visited Vietnam and feel very close to the country. I think we need to increase people exchanges further and to make the atmosphere of this friendship year more exciting on many levels. As Prime Minister, I will do my best to further boost ties between the two countries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please elaborate on what you meant by "state union".

Attention, this idea of a union is just my idea, hypothetical. Don´t laugh!

The proposed State Union between Japan and Vietnam would take the European Union as model:
# Japan and Vietnam remain as independent countries: status quo
# both vow to closely coordinate their interests in foreign, economic, culture, etc...policy through joint workgroups
# both hold regular joint cabinet meeting
# as immediate efforts to stop the downward spiral of Japan´s economy:
- the Bank of Japan should print $100 billion of fresh money (as loan), and inject into Vietnam´s infrastructure
- one of the side effect is the Yen would be weakened
- both Japanese as well as Vietnamese companies would be profited by these massive public works
# Japan to relocate some of their factories to Vietnam. With cheap labor costs, they would be unbeatable on the market.
# Japan should pour FDI into Vietnam first before going elsewhere

(to be continued)

LOL @Viet XD. Union between China and Vietnam is more likely than Dai Veit and Nippon..

********* can lead to people saying impossible things...

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what's disgusting? You and the illiterate Pinoy love using the word Nazi to refer someone who doesn't agree with you guys. Go look in the mirror and you will see an ugly human being insulting others by using the name of a government responsible for WW2. Immature and childish attacks that's what it is.

You fool. It was the German guy who repeatly posts offensive remarks on Vietnam (poor, less developed, stupid, bla bla...)
tic for tat.

Attention, this idea of a union is just my idea, hypothetical. Don´t laugh!

The proposed State Union between Japan and Vietnam would take the European Union as model:
# Japan and Vietnam remain as independent countries: status quo
# both vow to closely coordinate their interests in foreign, economic, culture, etc...policy through joint workgroups
# both hold regular joint cabinet meeting
# as immediate efforts to stop the downward spiral of Japan´s economy:
- the Bank of Japan should print $100 billion of fresh money (as loan), and inject into Vietnam´s infrastructure
- one of the side effect is the Yen would be weakened
- both Japanese as well as Vietnamese companies would be profited by these massive public works
# Japan to relocate some of their factories to Vietnam. With cheap labor costs, they would be unbeatable on the market.
# Japan should pour FDI into Vietnam first before going elsewhere

(to be continued)

Interesting, but why Japan, isn't China in a much better position to help Vietnam than Japan is? Why not just form a state union with China. Why does this state union have to be just two countries why not add China, Mongolia and Korea in there too?

Germany and France, before they formed the European Coal and Steel Community were pretty hostile to each other because of their history but decided to end all animosity. China and Vietnam could do the same.

You fool. It was the German guy who repeatly posts offensive remarks on Vietnam (poor, less developed, stupid, bla bla...)
tic for tat.

He didn't make any offensive remarks about Vietnam, he was just pointing out the flaw in your state union idea. You should of explained why you think your state union would work and why it would be different than the West and East Germany reunification instead being like Zero_Wing and calling someone something truly offensive.

Viet,

I don't see why I would laugh at that. It's not unusual and it's probably happening now at least economically. As China moves towards more innovation and higher end production, someone has to take up production on lower-end cost effective goods. What I see happening is SEA, India and South America becoming emerging markets. Instead of having just one big world's factory, there will probably be two because of rising energy costs that will just continue to go up. Whether Vietnam plays a big role in this or not still remains to be seen. If it is then Japan would benefit immensely by opening facilities and investment there.

However, I'm not sure about them being able to lift Vietnam to a first world country. But I'm not getting into that right now. As for devaluing the Yen, I agree that it might help them out.

Interesting, but why Japan, isn't China in a much better position to help Vietnam than Japan is? Why not just form a state union with China. Why does this state union have to be just two countries why not add China, Mongolia and Korea in there too?

Germany and France, before they formed the European Coal and Steel Community were pretty hostile to each other because of their history but decided to end all animosity. China and Vietnam could do the same.

I see a problem: China is simply too big! A state union between China and Vietnam is unlikely, because China would dominate the partnership.

Besides, Chinese and Vietnamese have too many frictions in their relationship, don´t forget the current territorial dispute in the SCS. Last but not least, Vietnamese mistrust Chinese. A relationship without trust is unthinkable. Sorry to tell the truth that may hurt your feeling.

Viet,

I don't see why I would laugh at that. It's not unusual and it's probably happening now at least economically. As China moves towards more innovation and higher end production, someone has to take up production on lower-end cost effective goods. What I see happening is SEA, India and South America becoming emerging markets. Instead of having just one big world's factory, there will probably be two because of rising energy costs that will just continue to go up. Whether Vietnam plays a big role in this or not still remains to be seen. If it is then Japan would benefit immensely by opening facilities and investment there.

However, I'm not sure about them being able to lift Vietnam to a first world country. But I'm not getting into that right now. As for devaluing the Yen, I agree that it might help them out.

Since the burst of property bubble Japan is caught in a deflation and downward spiral. They are desperate in seeking a solution. Vietnam may be their solution what they are looking for. A state union is unrealistic right now. However, I won´t be surprised if Japan makes the proposal in 5 years.

We will try to help the Japanese a bit. Does anyone in Asia want Chinese hegemony?

Most prefer it over US hegemony... It largely depends on which country you ask.

Japan's economy expanded rapidly in the 70's didn't it. Now a lot of Japanese factories have been set up in China.

I think Japan will eventually wake up to the new reality that China is headed for the worlds largest/biggest Economy. Japan is so used to kowtowing to the US that they failed to notice the new Ground Reality.

News flash Japan : There is a new SHERIFF in Town.:D

I see a problem: China is simply too big! A state union between China and Vietnam is unlikely, because China would dominate the partnership.

Besides, Chinese and Vietnamese have too many frictions in their relationship, don´t forget the current territorial dispute in the SCS. Last but not least, Vietnamese mistrust Chinese. A relationship without trust is unthinkable. Sorry to tell the truth that may hurt your feeling.

So this is a kind of fear. In ASEAN,every countries are equaly treated. But when refer to china, sometimes u may think china will use her power to what u call "dominate" vietnam. in fact there is no country want to doninate vietnam, but every country will influence vietnam via economy, military and political power, US. Russia, Japan, every country dose.
So what u fear is only the word "BIG", such a big china just out door is 1000 times dangerous than a ambitious Japan far far away, right?
Compare to US, Russian and other countries in NATO, u can find china is more moderate on international affairs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom