What's new

J-20 OFFICIAL NAME IS "BLACK EAGLE"

And I thought black eagle was taken by that Korean jet in command and conquer red alert 2..

Black eagle??? Too much like black hawk (the same in Chinese any ways). I like the NATO callsign better. Firefang. Evil sounding name.

what about black thunder?? sounds cool, badass, and a little bit evil :hang2:

or what about emperor of the sky? :azn:

what about black thunder?? sounds cool, badass, and a little bit evil :hang2:

or what about emperor of the sky? :azn:

thunder is taken by PAF, what if someday they want to paint their JF-17s black:)

Flying Panda is not bad, ‘dress’ all J20s like panda, when other pilots see a giant panda moving its bum around in front of them, they would think: ohhhh~ it’s too cute to be shot at ha

Last edited:
Or, since no one says we have to name fighters after animals, how about name J20s after vampires!:P

They are always in black
They can fly and pretty fast
They are deadly accurate
and they don’t age……

Or, since no one says we have to name fighters after animals, how about name J20s after vampires!:P

They are always in black
They can fly and pretty fast
They are deadly accurate
and they don’t age……

what about black dragon?

Black_Dragon_Takarabria__ver_2_by_ShokokuPhoenix.jpg

I want a dragon name.

The name of the J-20 has been changed to "Powerful Dragon"

BK117 is good name for Dhruv......

Mirage 2000 is good name for LCA....

Leopard 2 is good name for Arjun Tank.....

If its so super duper easy to copy, your country should try. Other wise just save it.

These are India's first real attempts at making a helicopter, tank, fighter jet, etc by itself. You guys should try other wise, you shouldn't kick dirt well we're down.

Ask the people in your nation that made that "Pakistan's first helicopter" if its so easy to create, or even copy a helicopter.

At least India is trying. And it will get better and better and better, while other countries sit and do nothing and talk about us all day long.

The day will come when people have to swallow their words, just like Im sure people 10-40 years ago(and still are) trashed Chinese indigenous projects are beginning to eat their words know as China gets better and better.

Last edited:
Alrite, my first post, and it's not exactly military-related. As an avian biologist, and a licensed falconry, I must object to the common practice by Chinese layperson to MISTRANSLATE eagle, hawk, buzzard, harrier, osprey, falcon, etc., as 鷹。
I mean, common, we invented falconry 3,700 years ago, and as such mixing up eagle with hawk is as blasphemous as a race car driver calling a Ferrari a Toyota.
So here's a list, according to my acquaintances at Beijing Normal University (師大)。
雕 Eagle
鷹 Hawk
鵟 Buzzard
鳶 Kite
鷂 Harrier
鴞 Osprey
隼 Falcon
And my avatar is 藏獵隼, Tibetan saker.

Back
Top Bottom