What's new

J-11B has received the AESA upgrade

It was in service before the engine problems aroused. Of course at that time the J-11B program was still relatively young.

Man stop skirting around. Chinese members here were insisting about the inferior quality of the Russian engine and were idolizing the WS-10 and putting it on everything three years ago, while in reality it's only been used on J-10 this year.

Thread from 2010: http://www.defence.pk/forums/chinese-defence/82867-china-replacing-al-31f-engines-ws-10a-engines-j-10-jets.html

Thread from 2013: http://www.defence.pk/forums/chinese-defence/263343-j-10-starts-equip-ws-10a-engine.html

I'm on easy mode as well :D, but there are plenty of articles that state the opposite. Heck, the United States would not be claiming how the X-47B would render the DF-21D useless if they didn't take it seriously. Anyways, the PLAN does have assets such as satellites, aircraft, UAVs, which supports it.

Where are those articles? Any of them made by senior naval personel or include comments from them or just "analysts" opinions?

The concrete slab was on my computer hard drive long before the DF-21D existed. There was a photo of the same ship being refloated with a big hole in it but I can't find it right now. Anyways, the Chinese are also known to test MaRVs which is essentially the same engineering concept in the ASBM.

I've seen that picture. It was photographed from the bow and the hole was nowhere to be seen. Some guy was parroting that it's four meters wide. That's not evidence. Plus no issued articles about an open water test of the DF-21D. Any country with observation satellites could have seen it.

#edit: I'm going out, i'll answer later.

The latest article, as mentioned before, is a repost of a rumor that existed long before that, and one that has been debunked by officials from Russia and China.

ITAR-TASS : Russia, China prepare contract on Su-35 supplies
PARIS, June 17 (Itar-Tass) - Russia will supply a series of new multirole fights, Su-35, to China in compliance with a contract, which should be prepared by the yearend, an official of the Russian Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation told Itar-Tass on Monday.

Russia’s delegation takes part in the Paris Air Show, Le Bourget 2013.

I guess Itar-Tass information agency is way more credible than your delusional claims.

250 km vs .1 m^2 was a true fail.It would mean this paper tiger radar would detect all aspect stealth fighters at over 150 kms defeating the whole purpose of stealth.Hurrah,,the mighty dragon now has the first super anti stealth radar.:yahoo::coffee:

250 km vs .1 m^2 was a true fail.It would mean this paper tiger radar would detect all aspect stealth fighters at over 150 kms defeating the whole purpose of stealth.Hurrah,,the mighty dragon now has the first super anti stealth radar.:yahoo::coffee:

Yes we do. Now get lost.

Man stop skirting around. Chinese members here were insisting about the inferior quality of the Russian engine and were idolizing the WS-10 and putting it on everything three years ago, while in reality it's only been used on J-10 this year.

Thread from 2010: http://www.defence.pk/forums/chinese-defence/82867-china-replacing-al-31f-engines-ws-10a-engines-j-10-jets.html

Thread from 2013: http://www.defence.pk/forums/chinese-defence/263343-j-10-starts-equip-ws-10a-engine.html

Where are those articles? Any of them made by senior naval personel or include comments from them or just "analysts" opinions?

I've seen that picture. It was photographed from the bow and the hole was nowhere to be seen. Some guy was parroting that it's four meters wide. That's not evidence. Plus no issued articles about an open water test of the DF-21D. Any country with observation satellites could have seen it.

#edit: I'm going out, i'll answer later.

J-11B already installed with WS-10B engine.

If Su35 is a crap, all PLAAF fighters except J20 are craps with no doubt. You should get a filter on those brain to mouth stuff, be grown up.

China is not that strong enough to show Russian denigration, so much so you will become 夜郎自大。

SU-35S is the best fighter Russia can sell (just after T-50). Russia has much experience in TVC (thanks to dear Indian friend :D), so I think buying SU-35S is a great deal, especially learning in the aspect we have little experience.

J11b will bust Japanese *** any time we want, F15J sucks like ****. Ready to die, Japanese fucks.

China is damn strong, get the **** out of our way Japanese.

SU-35S is the best fighter Russia can sell (just after T-50). Russia has much experience in TVC (thanks to dear Indian friend :D), so I think buying SU-35S is a great deal, especially learning in the aspect we have little experience.

China already has a prototype TVC engine.

Notice the word "prototype", they need something as a place holder until it's ready.

Depends on how far away production is. If the Chinese feel that the engine can be produced soon, there is no need to purchase any foreign ones. Likewise if the Chinese feel that the TVC is not of great importance, no need either.

Depends on how far away production is. If the Chinese feel that the engine can be produced soon, there is no need to purchase any foreign ones. Likewise if the Chinese feel that the TVC is not of great importance, no need either.

The integration of TVC into flight control system is not trivial... at least several testing planes need to fly for long time.

@SinoSoldier

There is nothing for value addition in the entire thread, So I go on to the Title of the thread.

Dude do you have anything concrete, official sources for your claims of the new gen AESA radar developed by China? It's because stand still images proves nothing. Even the PAK-FA radar images were out in 2006. But we know that it is yet not completed. Similarly something for WS-10 engine. No image, official confirmation.

Last edited by a moderator:
@SinoSoldier

There is nothing for value addition in the entire thread, So I go on to the Title of the thread.

Dude do you have anything concrete, official sources for your claims of the new gen AESA radar developed by China? It's because stand still images proves nothing. Even the PAK-FA radar images were out in 2006. But we know that it is yet not completed. Similarly something for WS-10 engine. No image, official confirmation.

The papers from the radar company has been posted many times in this thread already.

Google Images has tons of J-11B photographs with WS-10 installed.

Last edited by a moderator:
ITAR-TASS : Russia, China prepare contract on Su-35 supplies

I guess Itar-Tass information agency is way more credible than your delusional claims.

So credible that it had to contradict itself, reprint the same article with different information each time, and get denied by the governments of both countries?

:disagree:

Great, please explain in technical details why a 1760-module AESA radar can't have such specifications, keeping in mind that Russia's PESA can have a 400 km range for 1 m^2 target and also that China has had far more experience in the AESA sector.

So credible that it had to contradict itself, reprint the same article with different information each time, and get denied by the governments of both countries?

Great, please explain in technical details why a 1760-module AESA radar can't have such specifications, keeping in mind that Russia's PESA can have a 400 km range for 1 m^2 target and also that China has had far more experience in the AESA sector.

The russian PESA can track a su-27 with 10-15m^2 RCS at 330 km not 1m^2 target at 400 km .Get your facts straight.400 km is its maximum detection range.
As for your AESA claim it would make the radar waay waay more powerful than f-35 and f-22s radars as well.....Poor CCP propaganda.

The russian PESA can track a su-27 with 10-15m^2 RCS at 330 km not 1m^2 target at 400 km .Get your facts straight.400 km is its maximum detection range.
As for your AESA claim it would make the radar waay waay more powerful than f-35 and f-22s radars as well.....Poor CCP propaganda.

J11b will bust Japanese *** any time we want, F15J sucks like ****. Ready to die, Japanese fucks.

China is damn strong, get the **** out of our way Japanese.

F-15J is old. The cockpit is like analogue, although a number have been modified with better avionics.

Anyway, J-11B should swat down some F-15J.

Now, China needs J-10B to fight against Japan's advance F-2.

Back
Top Bottom