What's new

Italy must return marines or face consequences, says PM

I think it is foolish to make threat and give ultimatum publicly to another nation. Best to work on the back channel. If Italy didn't comply, India will lose face and respect for the world to see.

^in addition-- Italian business data centres and value networks :P

I think it is foolish to make threat and give ultimatum publicly to another nation. Best to work on the back channel. If Italy didn't comply, India will lose face and respect for the world to see.

It was meant as a diplomatic consequence, they cannot expect us to not even do that. I dont think we can do much about it other then cut off ties or mess up the 10 billion pledged to Europe - on the other hand that might come handy to put some pressure on them.

I dont think that Italy would actually risk it's diplomats and other officials and representatives in India for the sake of two sailors!!As far as I know given the gravity of this tacit crime committed by Italy even the Italian Envoy in India could be dragged to court and be held guilty. Harish Salve has already resigned as the Italian counsel and he just now said that this special treatment of allowing the marines to visit Italy to cast their ballots was allowed only to the two marines was pretty unusual since there are many other Italian convicts in India who are not given the same treatment.Many things could be done and what the PM said today are not empty threats!!

I dont think that Italy would actually risk it's diplomats and other officials and representatives in India for the sake of two sailors!!As far as I know given the gravity of this tacit crime committed by Italy even the Italian Envoy in India could be dragged to court and be held guilty. Harish Salve has already resigned as the Italian counsel and he just now said that this special treatment of allowing the marines to visit Italy to cast their ballots was allowed only to the two marines was pretty unusual since there are many other Italian convicts in India who are not given the same treatment.Many things could be done and what the PM said today are not empty threats!!

Surely many things could be done and most probably will be tried too or else the opposition will roast the Congi's up.

Kick out Italian Ambassador from India,scrap all defence deals with Italian Company and put two marines name in Red corner notice.Italy will be facing pressure if we hit them economically(Britain still b!tches about MMRCA) and internationally(they will loose face for covering for two fugitive).actually we hope to see some action only after 21th march (SC's deadline).

Nothing will happen as its fixed deal with italy from gandhi parivaar :). Italy wanted their marines and gandhi parivar wanted their names removed from augusta westland deal.

Gandhis have history of rescuing the criminals like anderson,dawood ibrahim etc.

Why do Indians assume that only they can save the EU? lol good luck trying to save a 16 trillion economy.

Kick out Italian Ambassador from India,scrap all defence deals with Italian Company and put two marines name in Red corner notice.Italy will be facing pressure if we hit them economically(Britain still b!tches about MMRCA) and internationally(they will loose face for covering for two fugitive).actually we hope to see some action only after 21th march (SC's deadline).
Defence deals could not be compromised for such petty issues since they are the need for the hour.But we should try and keep the Italian ambassador in India as loooooong as possible :lol: which is justified as well given what the Romans have done.

Holy Ravioli and Pasta :woot:,

Atlast Manmohan Singh Ji spoke :D

Italy is already in a mess with its economic problems, be nice with India and get good defense and trade deals.

India might expel the Italian diplomat and may cut down some trade with Italy in response.

Oh the mighty indian- as if the european union will not come into play just because india is involved-
Think about the french jets- the euorpean policy is pretty blatant is this regard-

Why do Indians assume that only they can save the EU? lol good luck trying to save a 16 trillion economy.

Nobody's talking about the EU here, its between us and Italy - will EU stand behind Italy on this matter?

Defence deals could not be compromised for such petty issues since they are the need for the hour.But we should try and keep the Italian ambassador in India as loooooong as possible :lol: which is justified as well given what the Romans have done.

"more like return marines and take ambassador" policy???actually i don't support this kind of harsh action as deplomats has diplomatic immunity and it'll make more harm than gain,but then,it'll be aptly justified.I think,"kidnapped by maoists and they want italian marines" will be more accurate plan.. :omghaha:

Oh the mighty indian- as if the european union will not come into play just because india is involved-
Think about the french jets- the euorpean policy is pretty blatant is this regard-

The is not over yet. Just watch how the story unfolds. You will be surprised !

"more like return marines and take ambassador" policy???actually i don't support this kind of harsh action as deplomats has diplomatic immunity and it'll make more harm than gain,but then,it'll be aptly justified.I think,"Ambassador is kidnapped by maoists and they want italian marines in exchange" will be more accurate plan.. :omghaha:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom