What's new

Italian guards to be arrested over Indian fishermen deaths

Ministry of external affairs or an Italian news agency...pick your choice. ;)

Picking neither, I wasn't there & neither was the MEA. Just pointing out that, as I said before, it is going to be an interesting case. Questioning jurisdiction is likely to be the first line of defence.

Not in Indian territorial waters, that distance would be clearly be within international waters.

It is very much within our territorial waters. We cannot pander to UN all the time who changes rules according to the color that rules the roost there. 40 Km offshore is very much Indian territory.

The scums must be tried and punished. :angry:

The Indian fishermen were trespassing, hence being shot to death by the Italians. Lesson to India: Don't trespass and you won't be shot.

India can ask for forgiveness by releasing the Italians unharmed or else face human rights charges from the international community.

The Indian fishermen were trespassing, hence being shot to death by the Italians. Lesson to India: Don't trespass and you won't be shot.

India can ask for forgiveness by releasing the Italians unharmed or else face human rights charges from the international community.

Agreed. :cheers:

I think in the end the ship operating company will make a nice private settlement with the families of the dead fishermen and the whole the whole thing will be forgotten as an unfortunate accident.

I think in the end the ship operating company will make a nice private settlement with the families of the dead fishermen and the whole the whole thing will be forgotten as an unfortunate accident.

Agreed!!! heard that the fishing boat had no appropriate communication device to respond to the warnings......Italians cant be blamed.....but I agree that it was a mistake.

I totally agree, after all they only killed 2 indians.

No big deal.

DO u think this 'human rights' u quote so much applies just for white skins?? ehh!!
and lol with the " international community "

---------- Post added at 02:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 AM ----------

why u express so much frustration?? calm down
IT aint frustration....a trespasser shoots down ur family member near ur house....would u be celebrating??

I totally agree, after all they only killed 2 indians.

No big deal.

Exactly, and it was the fault of the Indian fishermen for trespassing. For trespassing and getting killed in the process, India must make an apology to the nation of Italy and to the families of the dead Indians.

First, India must release the Italians unharmed, no questions asked. The longer India waits, the more likely the possibility of facing human rights charges from the international community.

it's wrong what happened but understandable.....how many other times have innocent people been mistaken as being pirates and then shot at or arrested -- many times it goes un-reported

it appears that in this case as well, the Italians mistook the indians as somalian pirates....probably just poor guys working hard for an income. their families should be compensated

Back
Top Bottom