What's new

It can boil down to Nawaz Sharif vs Imran Khan

It reflects the state of the nation IMO, a society elects those people which it seems fit according to it's own thinking. Electing stupid people (not directed at PML or anyone) reflects the level of thinking of a society.

I agree. And look at where we are as a country. It shows our level to everyone.

No doubt about that he can not only Bowled out nawaz sharif but bothh PML n and PPP

What is the danger from PML-N if it wins a majority of the seats based on voting by Pakistanis? Isn't that how democracy is supposed to work Sir? To call someone stupid simply because they vote for someone other than your preferred party is not right.

Even if overseas Pakistanis are allowed to vote (which is doubtful so far) the numbers of votes cast probably cannot make a huge difference, save for some seats.

Its the Army mindset (as well as PTI trolls) - Only patriot Pakistanis are those who bow down to their dictates. Generals have already decided that public is too foolish to be left on its own. Ask any PMLN supporter and he will say that any party which comes through proper channels (public mandate) is ok. Ask any PTI troll and he will put forth the paradox PTI or Martial Law (both are the same thing). This is the mindset establishment and their PTI want to preserve, this is the mindset which PMLN will bury :pakistan:

I agree. And look at where we are as a country. It shows our level to everyone.

Pakistan was the rising star in early fifties (if you are interested look at the policies formed in those days, look at the quality and vision) Ayub era was the beginning of the rot which has consumed the whole society today.

What is the danger from PML-N if it wins a majority of the seats based on voting by Pakistanis? Isn't that how democracy is supposed to work Sir? To call someone stupid simply because they vote for someone other than your preferred party is not right.

Even if overseas Pakistanis are allowed to vote (which is doubtful so far) the numbers of votes cast probably cannot make a huge difference, save for some seats.

Frankly, I feel disgusted when people specifically say we are going to vote for PML-N just because SS gave us laptop. I mean, is it like something that they have sold out their votes for a laptop? I don't find any other word than stupid to attribute people in Sindh who say vote is for Bhutto, no matter what is current condition of the country.

Frankly, I feel disgusted when people specifically say we are going to vote for PML-N just because SS gave us laptop. I mean, is it like something that they have sold out their votes for a laptop? I don't find any other word than stupid to attribute people in Sindh who say vote is for Bhutto, no matter what is current condition of the country.

Then get disgusted by the fact that I'm voting PMLN :woot:

voter-of-pml-n.jpg

Guess she took a Laptop :bunny:

No no...he was a member of this forum, the one whom you have been likened to alot...and Elmo got angry that you were being compared with him :D! Rings a bell?

Now I see. Hahaha. Where does "truth hurts" come form in this case? Not sure.

Its the Army mindset (as well as PTI trolls) - Only patriot Pakistanis are those who bow down to their dictates. Generals have already decided that public is too foolish to be left on its own. Ask any PMLN supporter and he will say that any party which comes through proper channels (public mandate) is ok. Ask any PTI troll and he will put forth the paradox PTI or Martial Law (both are the same thing). This is the mindset establishment and their PTI want to preserve, this is the mindset which PMLN will bury :pakistan:

Pakistan was the rising star in early fifties (if you are interested look at the policies formed in those days, look at the quality and vision) Ayub era was the beginning of the rot which has consumed the whole society today.

The Generals are wrong to think that and we have paid a heavy price for their errors too.

Rather than look at our potential over half a century ago, I would like us to look forward into the 21st century. We all know where we have come from, but what is more important is where we are going.

I understand your point Sir, but the answer to blind voting like that is surely not to look down upon such voters, but to educate them.

Then get disgusted by the fact that I'm voting PMLN :woot:

Guess she took a Laptop :bunny:

By the time a nooni has learned the game, the players have dispersed. Try to comprehend what is being said!

By the time a nooni has learned the game, the players have dispersed. Try to comprehend what is being said!

We have came on top twice while PTI was slithering in the bottom with one seat :lol: talk about comprehension

Now I see. Hahaha. Where does "truth hurts" come form in this case? Not sure.

Well that is only for him to answer, but it was his finishing statement, and after every debate, it all came towards it in the end...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Coming back to topic, a recent visit to Pakistan and I randomly asked people questions about who they gonna vote for. My mother went recently and she just observed. What I have observed was that PTI and PML are neck and neck. If you would stroll around in Islamabad or majority of Lahore, it's all PTI. Northern and western Punjab is all PTI, the east is hotly contested though.

So it is very hard to pick out a winner.

But the most surprising or rather funny thing is that PPP is absolutely nowhere to be seen in KPK or Punjab! Bhutto only sells in Sindh!!!

I understand your point Sir, but the answer to blind voting like that is surely not to look down upon such voters, but to educate them.

No, it's not like looking down upon someone, it's more like feeling you're left with! Don't consider the word that much derogatory, at least not in this case. Educating such mentality is as tough as bringing starts down to earth - here people sell their votes in exchange of favors, unfortunately.

Well that is only for him to answer, but it was his finishing statement, and after every debate, it all came towards it in the end...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Coming back to topic, a recent visit to Pakistan and I randomly asked people questions about who they gonna vote for. My mother went recently and she just observed. What I have observed was that PTI and PML are neck and neck. If you would stroll around in Islamabad or majority of Lahore, it's all PTI. Northern and western Punjab is all PTI, the east is hotly contested though.

So it is very hard to pick out a winner.

But the most surprising or rather funny thing is that PPP is absolutely nowhere to be seen in KPK or Punjab! Bhutto only sells in Sindh!!!

The election is going to be close in a majority of the country, except for some rural areas, but the real danger is that no party gets an outright majority and we have a political deadlock. The last time it happened we lost half our country. I worry because of that possibility.

Back
Top Bottom