What's new

Israel bars AESA radar export to India

We only buy cargo planes from US like C-130J,C-17,P-81..
But till now there no single American fighter aircraft in IAF...

they are still military aircrafts; congress & pentagon must provide an authorization for such sales

Fighters are more important than Airlifter and P8i..
And we don't trust them that much..
So i guess is Typhoon...or rafael

you are sadly mistaken if you think in this limited way

besides, you cant compare apples and leechies :cheesy:

We only buy cargo planes from US like C-130J,C-17,P-81..
But till now there no single American fighter aircraft in IAF...

And this time also i am sure there will be no Fighter from US..

Fighters are more important than Airlifter and P8i..
And we don't trust them that much..
So i guess is Typhoon...or rafael
usa can easiily ground all the indeginous system too which uses usa parts when u need them most.there can never be a partnership between two unequals. u have to be usa's pet dog if u want partnership with it..

usa can easiily ground all the indeginous system too which uses usa parts when u need them most.there can never be a partnership between two unequals. u have to be usa's pet dog if u want partnership with it..

well israel is a pretty unruly pet then, considering israeli Mirage-Vs bombed the USS Liberty to smithereens and refused to apologize or compensate the victims' family!

strange realities

U can never trust usa with all weapon purchases.if usa wants it can ground even LCA by blocking engines.As it did after 1998.Learn from pakistan's experience atleast.usa is not a trustworthy partner.Alas indians never learn.
India is not pakistan, can you care to explain , how many laws did america changed to accommodated pakistan ,

i never liked the peace caravan to palestine.. especially since it started from india..

India is not pakistan, can you care to explain , how many laws did america changed to accommodated pakistan ,

i dont think laws were changed or laws were broken; though you can recall that 9/11 took place and given our official stance against terrorism, arms sanctions/embargo were lifted and we were declared a major non-NATO ally --which has many ramifications

though 9 years later, such ''titles'' can only be taken at face value when we are not being given Predator drones which we have requested for years now to no avail; and which we badly need for counter-insurgency operations and intel gathering

the US in the past ''helped'' by turning blind eye to our nuclear enrichment in 1970s and 1980s, though of course it was Cold War and we were doing a lot of dirty (albeit necessary) work

on either side, nothing ever seems to come for free....seems there is always a transactional or some other cost

This is why indigenious weapons are important... Tejas was a good start.
Yeah you are right.

i'm actually quite shocked by this news....the israelis are not known to bow down to US pressure --especially under an extremely defiant and non-compliant Netanyahu administration

the U.S. has in the past threatend to cut mil/civilian aid however, as was the case between the failed israeli Phalcon AWACS deal with the Chinese

uncle may have ''reminded'' them this fact; though the reasons could be anything else
You are right. The only reason is that, they know India will get aesa any how, then why not let their companies benefit from that sale. Also they can control India through this way.

they are still military aircrafts; congress & pentagon must provide an authorization for such sales
You are right, but you forgot, americans took out a couple of features from those aircrafts because india refused to sign some treaties.

I believe if India does not want US to make our decisions, then we must not give a deal like MMRCA to US. Our friendship is not too old. We should just wait and see.

i'm actually quite shocked by this news....the israelis are not known to bow down to US pressure --especially under an extremely defiant and non-compliant Netanyahu administration
Its not the first time US doing it. For example they blocked sale of Israeli Kfir jets to Taiwan and later sold them their F-5s.

Nobody is looking for India _US bhai bhai relationship. Both nations are smart enough to understand its a partnership . Honestly speaking- You won't have Indians celebrating a year of US love and friendship in the streets of Bombay anytime soon. It's just a different relationship, a strategic partnership. As the NPT showed Indians have plenty of backbone and know when to pick the fights.

now some here would like to come and advice India about the US . the same some who are always ready to metaphorically speaking, piss on India's parade in every piece of good or bad news that gets posted about India here... So take their advice for it is ...

Its not the first time US doing it. For example they blocked sale of Israeli Kfir jets to Taiwan and later sold them their F-5s.

the U.S. will do whatever/however it will do to safeguard its own interests --even if the action itself may seem as having nothing to do with US interests

my post shouldnt be perceived as negative or cynical, but thats just the way it is

must i remind you of the Vera surveillance radar deal we had with Czech Republic (before company was bought out by US in a seemingly hostile takeover)

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/5227-czech-radar-company-leased-vera-pak.html

The Indians have already developed the MMR radar for MK1 tEJAS WHICH carrys Israel;i ELTA 2032 core technology. Its only a matter of time before india gets a AESA indengious version via HAL/DRDO.

As for MMRCA i don,t rate either F16 OR F18 the Typhoon or Gripen NG are better in TOT terms

the U.S. will do whatever/however it will do to safeguard its own interests --even if the action itself may seem as having nothing to do with US interests
I did not say otherwise. Surelly US puts own interets over Israel's and they are right.

As for MMRCA i don,t rate either F16 OR F18 the Typhoon or Gripen NG are better in TOT terms

Hmm isnt unkil willing to sell you FA-18 Hornets with ToT & build/overhaul facility --and along with it the Raytheon AN/APG-79 AESA radar

however i am surprised that no indians here are coming to the defence of their primary arms provider -- the Russians.

isnt Mig-35 still a top contender in this MMRCA thing?

Hmm isnt unkil willing to sell you FA-18 Hornets with ToT & build/overhaul facility --and along with it the Raytheon AN/APG-79 AESA radar

however i am surprised that no indians here are coming to the defence of their primary arms provider -- the Russians.

isnt Mig-35 still a top contender in this MMRCA thing?

FGFA and PAk-FA development and induction cost $40 billion+

If we want Mig-35 why do we need to give a tender,we can buy them directly from Russia..

It's technical game..;)

Back
Top Bottom