What's new

Israel bars AESA radar export to India

Welcome EuroFighter Typhoon

01.jpg

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/88393-eurofighter-ahead-iaf-deal-set-pip-10bn-deal.html

BYE F-18..

LOL you kids are SO MAD, this wasn't even a surprise with a little U.S pressure we can bend the Israelis and it actually works vice versa sadly :( You have to understand gentleman the U.S doesn't want any ToT of it's sophisticated Military hardware to any country doesn't matter who it is. You just got the short end of stick. I see alot of flamers here, but when there's another defense cooperation, Infrastructure, Socio-Economic, ETC.. projects going around in India in the near future. You're more than welcome to jump on the bandwagon again.

LOL you kids are SO MAD, this wasn't even a surprise with a little U.S pressure we can bend the Israelis and it actually works vice versa sadly :( You have to understand gentleman the U.S doesn't want any ToT of it's sophisticated Military hardware to any country doesn't matter who it is. You just got the short end of stick. I see alot of flamers here, but when there's another defense cooperation, Infrastructure, Socio-Economic, ETC.. projects going around in India in the near future. You're more than welcome to jump on the bandwagon again.

I didn't understand wat u said..:what:
Atleast u urself understood wat u said..?:woot:

i'm actually quite shocked by this news....the israelis are not known to bow down to US pressure --especially under an extremely defiant and non-compliant Netanyahu administration

the U.S. has in the past threatend to cut mil/civilian aid however, as was the case between the failed israeli Phalcon AWACS deal with the Chinese

uncle may have ''reminded'' them this fact; though the reasons could be anything else

r684425_5088785.jpg

Am praying since mmrca starts that for heaven sake amerikan planes should be Bar from enterning final stages,btw if euro/rafale contains any US equipments??

india already is inducting military aircrafts of American origin

e.g. the Hercules as well as P-8 Poseidon naval maritime/recce aircrafts

as for US equipments --- Rafale is pretty much entirely European whereas Eurofighter has some substantial American equipment and components -depending on whose airforce you are looking at

was this a TOT or outright buy? I thought it was an outright buy...

don't go with the overpriced eurofighter. american f18s offer a much better value.

india already is inducting military aircrafts of American origin

e.g. the Hercules as well as P-8 Poseidon naval maritime/recce aircrafts

as for US equipments --- Rafale is pretty much entirely European whereas Eurofighter has some substantial American equipment and components -depending on whose airforce you are looking at

We only buy cargo planes from US like C-130J,C-17,P-81..
But till now there no single American fighter aircraft in IAF...

And this time also i am sure there will be no Fighter from US..

Fighters are more important than Airlifter and P8i..
And we don't trust them that much..
So i guess is Typhoon...or rafael

we could easily have joint venture between indian firm and Israeli firm like we did for barak -8, we are not desperate for american weapon, instead america is desperate to sell weapons to india , do you think cant we buy aesa radar from other source , dont you think if we go for euro-fighter , dont you think they will assist in aesa radar for our tajes, common man dont live in a lala land , your bullying tactics never work with us .

:bounce: stop bouncing like kids ...thats all i would say ... Its just a RADAR (decent one though) . US is providing better platform in other fields..we should not just start flame throw . US is co-operating and will co-operate in future too. Such radars will come again but strategic relationship will not. I know US has not a good record of being a good friend but we don't need friends ..we need partners.
Though GOI will respond to this either by back channel or by TIT FOR TAT .

calm down... and as one of the Pakistani friend said here ... Israel had this tendency to use MEDIA reports to fool the world and do projects in dark room.
:usflag: :coffee:

god, stop it . it's one piece of technology. I'll take a civil nuclear deal over this any day... and there are plenty of substitutes that will suffice just fine:

Russians had offered Zhuk AESA

http://theasiandefence.blogspot.com/...ffered-to.html

Russia's Phazotron NIIR corporation said on Thursday it has developed a new-generation airborne radar for MiG-35 fighter jets which participate in the Indian fighter tender.Six major aircraft makers - Lockheed and Boeing from the United States, Russia's MiG, which is part of the UAC, France's Dassault, Sweden's Saab and the EADS consortium of British, German, Spanish and Italian companies - are in contention to win the $10 billion contract for 126 light fighters to be supplied to the Indian Air Force.

One of the selection criteria in the tender is that the fighter's radar must have an active phased array radar with a target detection range of at least 130 kilometers (about 80 miles)."We have met this requirement of the Indian tender and built the Zhuk-AE active phased array radar with a proven range of 148 kilometers," said Vyacheslav Tishchenko, the company's general director.The X-band radar can track 30 aerial targets in the track-while-scan mode, and engage six targets simultaneously in the attack mode.

Tishchenko said the detection range could be increased up to 200 km (125 miles).Russia's MiG-35 Fulcrum-F, an export version of the MiG-29M OVT is a highly maneuverable air superiority fighter, which won high international acclaim.The fighter is powered by RD-33 OVT thrust vectoring engines. The RD-33 OVT engines provide superior maneuverability and enhance the fighter's performance in close air engagements.The first demonstration flights of two MiG-35s in the Indian tender will be carried out in late October-early November in north-eastern India.The aircraft will conduct live-firing tests of on-board weaponry on a testing range in southern Russia in March-April 2010.

U can never trust usa with all weapon purchases.if usa wants it can ground even LCA by blocking engines.As it did after 1998.Learn from pakistan's experience atleast.usa is not a trustworthy partner.Alas indians never learn.

Back
Top Bottom