What's new

Israel backs India's bid for permanent UNSC membership

Everyone is under American influence.

Britain votes with America, and they can usually get France to go along as well.

Russia and China usually abstain from voting when the USA gives us good concessions in return.

That is yet another reason why the USA is called a superpower, and the rest of us are not.

Sad but true.

Well India always sustained its interests even if required going anti-america. so facts prove that a more powerful india wud abstain from getting under USA pressure.

for rest part of ur post about superpower status of USA, i can do nothing but agree.

since when was UNSC about regional representation ? (as mentioned by CD) :blink:

America has all kinds of races. It's president is an African American. Does that mean America only represents 'whites'? There are 'yellow' people in the eastern parts of India too.

well i think china shud endorse india. its in chinese interests to make india more powerful internationally. u know what it can lead to (remember sino-indian collaboration on carbon emission). more india wud be under the influence of america due to its lack of high international status, more headache for china.

its good for the region to keep america away and for that u need to develop another power.

tough it has its drawbacks that no more tawang or kashmir dreams but ultimately we all know its gonna be a dream forever, this way or that way. but we all know who is the warmongering country in this world today and whole intension shud be to keep it away.

We'll see what happens.

Realistically, it will be next to impossible to remove American influence from Asia. Even after several more decades.

We can challenge them diplomatically, and maybe win some concessions here and there. But removing their influence from Asia, probably not.

America has all kinds of races. It's president is an African American. Does that mean America only represents 'whites'? There are 'yellow' people in the eastern parts of India too.

arre bondhu, it was sarcasm. read my actual post bout mentioning the race. next line i said that even if u ignore race there are other reasons for india to become UNSC member and race and regional representation is definitely not the reasons. :) . sarcasm we call it.

India deserves to be in UNSC coz its become a regional power. it has/will have in near future good military base to compete internationally, its economic clout, its cultural influence (indian diaspora abroad) and its demographic dividend.

this makes india unique and important in solving world issues. pakistanis shud understand india is to be seen much farther than the kashmir issue. a subcontinent country being a permanent member of UNSC can only bring importance and growth, prosperity in this region.

We'll see what happens.

Realistically, it will be next to impossible to remove American influence from Asia. Even after several more decades.

We can challenge them diplomatically, and maybe win some concessions here and there. But removing their influence from Asia, probably not.

dude, america is trying inside out to lure india for keeping its importance in asia. they know india is the future, if not 20 yrs let it be 30 or 40. but india is gonna be the strongest along with china. it mite come late but can't be avoided. if china and india happen to be in same party, even USA and its NATO can't do ****. consider future prospects of 1/3 world population against 1/15th of total world population from NATO countries.

Why should china support india to have permanent seat?

why any country will support its enemy or in other words why china will support a country which calls china as its number one enemy?
So please dont expect china to support india's candidature, thats stupid.

I think India should concentrate on other multilateral forums like SAARC, ASEAN, BRIC etc,
UN is anyway a useless organisation it could not stop attack of america on afghanistan and iraq

We can think of UNSC seat when our political leadership grows a strong backbone to stand up to opposition both external and internal until then our 'don't piss off anyone (Except Pakistan & China)' diplomacy works fine.

Asia already has 2 seats: China and Russia.
Europe already has 2 seats: Britain and France.
North America has 1 seat: The USA.

Latin America, the Middle East, and Africa have no seats at all.

1. A reality check or master stroke to blow away ur argument.

The number of countries which are member of UN have more then doubled from the time when only 5 countries was made member of UNSC.

So when there was less UN members = less UNSC members, more UN members = more UNSC members.

2. Russia doesn't count in Asia, so Asia have only 1 that's too a undemocratic nation. That's too bad for Asia :cry:

3. Asia hosts 60% of the world's current human population so Asia needs more member and no one suits the bill as the 2nd most popular country and the biggest democracy in the world. :flame:

It is only proper that the world`s biggest democracy becomes a permanent UNSC member with full rights.:cheers:

dont want to sound rude, but putting someone into the UNSC just because they have the biggest "democracy" in the world is just stupid.

im going to be constructive here. if you want to discuss do it with manner and constructive.

1. India has a high amount of corruption. extremely high, and recently they failed to pass a corruption law i heard. how can someone who cant fight corruption in their own country get the right do decide what is going to happen somewhere else in the world?

2. India is extremely poor. more poor in India than the other UNSC members combined. more poor than Africa. how can someone who cant take care of it's own citizens be able to decide what is going to happen in the world?

3. their democracy has big flaws, just like Turkey has. im critisizing India because it has corruption. i look at the Indian democracy more like some African countries... democracy only in the paper, nothing more. elections can be corrupted. and that is a policy changer. wich means that corrupt people keep doing this in their favour and the world has to suffer because of it.

that is my stance, i speak my mind and i hope someone can give constructive reply back if they want to.

remember, i am NOT hating and bashing on India, just pointing out my view! :tup:

dont want to sound rude, but putting someone into the UNSC just because they have the biggest "democracy" in the world is just stupid.

im going to be constructive here. if you want to discuss do it with manner and constructive.

1. India has a high amount of corruption. extremely high, and recently they failed to pass a corruption law i heard. how can someone who cant fight corruption in their own country get the right do decide what is going to happen somewhere else in the world?

2. India is extremely poor. more poor in India than the other UNSC members combined. more poor than Africa. how can someone who cant take care of it's own citizens be able to decide what is going to happen in the world?

3. their democracy has big flaws, just like Turkey has. im critisizing India because it has corruption. i look at the Indian democracy more like some African countries... democracy only in the paper, nothing more. elections can be corrupted. and that is a policy changer. wich means that corrupt people keep doing this in their favour and the world has to suffer because of it.

that is my stance, i speak my mind and i hope someone can give constructive reply back if they want to.

remember, i am NOT hating and bashing on India, just pointing out my view! :tup:

And your view is extremely flawed and quite frankly, misinformed.

Regards,

Corruption exist everywhere even in China and Russia it is something we are working on and 2011 was a good year for the movement aganist corruption like what Anna hazare stood for.

Yes we have poor people but there is also $1 trillion black money in Swiss bank accounts if that money is brought back it can be used to help lift poverty but that is a big if!

Your statement on election is totally wrong we have electronic readers which even Egypt was intrested in and all our elections are done in a transparent fashion.

Corruption exist everywhere even in China and Russia it is something we are working on and 2011 was a good year for the movement aganist corruption like what Anna hazare stood for.

Yes we have poor people but there is also $1 trillion black money in Swiss bank accounts if that money is brought back it can be used to help lift poverty but that is a big if!

Your statement on election is totally wrong we have electronic readers which even Egypt was intrested in and all our elections are done in a transparent fashion.

thanks, now that you mentioned it i remember. there was a picture in our school book showing that electronic voting system. sorry, i forgott.

but dont you think it still is a bit unfair that people in some other place in the world is going to be decided by a country that hasnt been able to feed it's poor?

thanks, now that you mentioned it i remember. there was a picture in our school book showing that electronic voting system. sorry, i forgott.

but dont you think it still is a bit unfair that people in some other place in the world is going to be decided by a country that hasnt been able to feed it's poor?

Nobody goes hungry in India buddy let me tell you that there are temples which provide food to those who want it for free but the problem is those beggers you find in Mumbai and Delhi etc do not want money for food but they want it for drugs like glue and ganja, thats why I never give to them I rather give money to a charity.

Yes we have poor but what about the 300 million middle class and the rich did you know there are more millionaires in Mumbai than London? thats a fact

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom