What's new

Israel ahead of US in race to supply ‘tank-killer’ missiles to India

The US is looking for long term business opportunities in India. The Javelin sale is hostage to American desire and Indian inertia, if I'm right the US will lean hard on Israel to block the sale of Spike.

They can't because Spike don't include US techs and the issue is not that IA woudn't want the US ATGM, but the limited ToT that the US cleared for the licence production. That might work in other countries, but India simply is in the better position to negotiate, since, we have plenty of options.

if we sum up the first 6 we r getting a stockpile of more than 108000 ATGM... So whts the figure ?

No, these are replacements for older versions in this case for the Milan ATGMs.

We have some 30,000 Milan-2T ATGMs at the moment IMO.

Israel and India are becoming really close partners. How does India explains this to its massive Muslim population? Muslims are against Israel , isn't it?

We have told our muslims if they don't like this then they are free to go Pakistan and BD.

Kun bay kunway k daddo hum kun nai dey saktay?-
Ofcourse it will not be free-

bilkul de sakte ho .. shauk se do.. my point is those HAMAS etc should be able to pay for it as well.. those howitzers and rockets etc which that guy was talking about..

The US aren't idiots any such move would only hurt their long term interests. India doesn't like being told what to do. We can see the US has taken a much more pragmatic Line when it comes to India and defence ties- back in '08-'10 the US was pushing HARD for India to sign pacts such as CISMA,EUMA,LSA etc saying India wouldn't be allowed access to their best equipment without such signatures, now in 2012 India has on order from the US the most advanced MPA on the planet, the most advanced strategic lifter, the most advanced version of the deadliest attack helo, the latest and most advanced version of the heavy lift helo etc. And the US has gradually shifted away from the stance that India needs to sign such deals, the last time we even heard about it was from Leon Penetta earlier this year who said signing such deals wasn't essential and wasn't a priority for him. And on the back if his India is conducting FIFTY SIX joint military exercises with the US- more than the US trains with ANY nation!

The US isn't about to cut of their nose to spite their face- what's $1 BN USD in the long run? If they are told the Spike has won they'll concede no doubt. These aren't be petty Russians we are talking about- the Yanks are able to see the bigger picture. But it is possible the US comes back and plays by India's terms wrt TOT but this is remote as this would need Congressional authority.

Either way India gets a kick a$$ ATGM within the next 5 years.

+ little known fact for all of you- the Javelin is already in use by SOF and PARA (Airborne) units. But that's numbers are so small a FMS deal with no TOT took place with little waves. Got this from a little birdie in the know!

any source for this?

Israel and India are becoming really close partners. How does India explains this to its massive Muslim population? Muslims are against Israel , isn't it?
You don't know Indian Muslims. For them India is always the first priority as they are "Indian" Muslims. They may condemn Israel's action regarding many issues but at the same time they also know that Israel has always been friend in need of India.

So don't bring this issue.

any source for this?
The source is a freind of mine (I know, I know-not credible) who is a defence expert/contractor working in Asia (mostly India). He has many freinds in the MoD and has a lot of "on the ground" expreince from India. He is not privy to anything remotely classified but he has been right about the MMRCA,heavy attack helo contest, Heavy lift helo contest, basic prop trainer contest and others and has had a consistence and unwavouring stance throughout all these contests regardless of what BS the news media is saying ie deal scrapped.

He knows in this case because he was involved in another FMS deal for some other minor deal and he had stumbled onto this interesting piece of info, done some digging and research and found this out. AFAIK it's no secret you just have to ask the right questions.

Now what I'm telling you isn't confidential-FMS deals are open to everyone and if you put in the time and look in the right places you can find this info for yourself.

I can't give specifics as I don't want to compromise my friend in anyway.

Not needed buddy. Those living in India are INDIANS, they don't need to be treated any differently. These are proud INDIANS just like you. Leave it there.

But how do you explain this which our gandu media obviously missed. Moharam possession passed on much peacfully when compared to Durga immersion . Numerous attacks where reported on Hindus during Durga yatra. In UP few poeple even died, women were raped when owing to the attack they ran into a muslim neibghour hood.

IM are no different than their Pakistani counterpart, I used to make fun of pakistanis because the way they treat Ahmadis and have got them decalred non muslims. In india also attempt was made to decalre Ahmadis non muslim but supreme court turned down the order.

According an Sunni IT guy in my office Hafiz Saeed is a NGO wala, a muslim guy during a drinkin session once told me that he doesn't but most of oldies in his village want Australia to win in an India-AU match. And no need for guessing whom these guys would youch in an India-Pak match.

But how do you explain this which our gandu media obviously missed. Moharam possession passed on much peacfully when compared to Durga immersion . Numerous attacks where reported on Hindus during Durga yatra. In UP few poeple even died, women were raped when owing to the attack they ran into a muslim neibghour hood.

IM are no different than their Pakistani counterpart, I used to make fun of pakistanis because the way they treat Ahmadis and have got them decalred non muslims. In india also attempt was made to decalre Ahmadis non muslim but supreme court turned down the order.

According an Sunni IT guy in my office Hafiz Saeed is a NGO wala, a muslim guy during a drinkin session once told me that he doesn't but most of oldies in his village want Australia to win in an India-AU match. And no need for guessing whom these guys would youch in an India-Pak match.
Anecdotal evidence at best. Even if what you are saying is try this is the extreme MINORITY- we are talking aout <0.1% of the Muslim population in India. There are two sides to every coin and for every anti-India Indian Muslim you will find 100 loyal patriotic Indian Muslims.

And never underestimate the stupid/idiot factor in all of this- there are idiots/stupid people in every nation, of every religion, of every colour and you can't let their actions overshadow that of the silent majority.

i personally hate indo US defence ties. we cant trust them. simply they are cheaters. why cant we produce these fire forget missiles with our closest allys like russia or israel. it always irritates me when our defence ministry signs any defence deals with them. may be they might have worlds best techs but surely they wont gave that much high tech to us. they will give only stripped down version. so it will be better avoiding US in our field and we can go for our own or JV with russia or israel.

dont worry buddy. few of my hindu friends also use stay there is no nation called india and even use to speak about collapse of india. in all nations there are few peoples like this. they should be ignored.

Back
Top Bottom