What's new

Israel ahead of US in race to supply ‘tank-killer’ missiles to India

Israel and India are becoming really close partners. How does India explains this to its massive Muslim population? Muslims are against Israel , isn't it?

Just because India is getting close to Israel doesnot mean that India is getting Anti-Palestinian. People here are Indians first, Muslims/Hindus/Sikhs etc etc later. Exactly the same way it is close to Iran and the US simultaneously.

FYI India was one of the first countries to recognize Palestine as a state (something even the UN has not done till date).

This was bound to happen..... If Israel has any comparable system then any other country getting the deal is almost negligible these days.

I think we got the message from the Russians when they did the same with China. Now they are complaining about losing business. Thats the risk of business. India will develop its own version of the Javelin and no more buying Javelins from U.S. eh?

Oldman , please don't Insult an Indian by comparing us with China. Indian Business ethics are always high. I personally have control over many Software codes (American), be it intel, bell Labs or Microsoft. I never thought to copy it. Indians are not thieve.

@Indian Javeline: We can do it two way
a) we can have JV with USA or Israel
b) we can have independent research for it.

No way we will steal your technology. I think USA also know it...

Last edited by a moderator:
They are not ready to give even the TOT of ATGMs, wonder what they were thinking while taking part in MMRCA contract???

My Above posts contain strong words, but they are correct I am giving references to support my comments, SO that I dont get infraction or punishment...

West Asia policy hostage to ‘Muslim vote': The Hindu : Mar15 2011

According to Subhash Kapila, the opposition to the establishment of diplomatic relations with Israel during the 1960s and 1970s arose from the Congress Party's desire to appease the Muslims in India: Subhash Kapila : Political Analyst

Sushma Swaraj (Bharatiya Janata Party leader, and leader of opposition of the 15th Lok Sabha) said that Israel is a reliable partner, and that the current government acknowledged it.: S Swaraj : In LS archive

In 2000 Jaswant Singh became the first Indian foreign minister to visit Israel: Fact, Archived in Indo-Israeli team.

In 2003 Ariel Sharon was the first Israeli Prime Minister to visit India. He was welcomed by the center-right wing Bharatiya Janata Party led National Democratic Alliance coalition government of India

Sharon's visit was condemned in leftist and Muslim circles BBC 9 sep 2003

Nearly 100 Muslims were arrested.Students of Aligarh Muslim University demanded that India sever ties with Israel

BW, u may be right but i strongly think that's not the complete picture, there is more to Indo-Israeli relations. During the period of 1948-1991, Israel was the staunchest ally of the US while India was with the USSR, so technically we were opposed to each other during the Cold War era which hindered forming strong relations, even than when RAW was formed in 1967, Mrs. Gandhi secretly told it's top bosses to forge strong ties with MOSSAD, since than India had very strong covert relations with Israel. With the break-up of USSR & end of cold-war, India recognized Israel (1992) & formed strong diplomatic, economic & military relations with Israel, Rao govt. started the process & Vajpayee govt. raised the relations to a new level & i am happy that the UPA govt. is taking it only forward & now Israel is our 2nd largest defense partner after Russia.

I think we got the message from the Russians when they did the same with China. Now they are complaining about losing business. Thats the risk of business. India will develop its own version of the Javelin and no more buying Javelins from U.S. eh?

Not really. Manufacturing under license & manufacturing by copying are hardly the same. India asked the U.S. outright because of the quantities involves as also to prevent any future restrictions, however unlikely. The U.S. would & can negotiate for royalty to be paid on such manufacture. That is the choice of doing business with India, you cannot expect to be a favoured partner when the only favours in the partnership are the ones you want coming your way.

Any Isreali missile will have US tech...

That's the point. U.S. attitude is both meaningless & counterproductive. India will still get the same/similar tech from elsewhere. Partnerships are built with displays of trust not by refusing to .

It's why the U.S. is unlikely to bag huge orders even when the product they offer is superior to all other contenders. The U.S. refusal to release top of the line tech & instead only releasing what is equal or slightly superior to the competition makes it a bad buy. Since that restriction of sophistication levels is decided & not based on what is available, India will always be dependent on the U.S. to decide what upgrades can be offered. France & Russia don't present the same problem. Even when their technology might not be equal to the U.S., India can be reasonably certain that any future upgrades will be immediately on offer & will not be restricted by a bureaucratic/political decision. The fact that both those countries don't have the same humongous budget & internal market like the U.S. makes them amenable to offering better terms. Israel is on a different plane owing to the technology it possesses, most of which is made available to India, at a price :). Israel has, several times before,gone out of its way to help India including shipping a green pine radar quietly just before George W, Bush took office, just because they were not sure of the new administration's policy and didn't want a delay. The Swordfish radar which is the derivative of the Green Pine is now the backbone of the Indian ABM system. If the U.S. is looking for closer relations with India, the least it can do is to be the solution and not the problem that it has been for so long.

i wonder how israel would feel if we send anti-aircraft ammunition as well as bofors to all of her surrounding neighbours.....not a wise move on their part, but then again business is business -- nothing personal.

we should immediately start this-

Things are happening as expected.

US refusing TOT, making issue of No. of ATGMs we wanted were the signs that Israel will emerge as leader in this race.

However, I believe that US wants Israel to get this contract, as US doesn't want itself to be seen as signing dozens of Military Weapons contracts with India(for various reasons).

Israeli weapons have several components made by US Arms Giants, so that even if Israel gets this deal, US will get share out of the profit Israel makes.

i wonder how israel would feel if we send anti-aircraft ammunition as well as bofors to all of her surrounding neighbours.....not a wise move on their part, but then again business is business -- nothing personal.

I seriously doubt if US will give permission for that, as u know US is the "First Line of D(O)fence" of Israel :D

Israel and India are becoming really close partners. How does India explains this to its massive Muslim population? Muslims are against Israel , isn't it?

Don't know about others but personally i don't give a sh!t.

Back
Top Bottom