What's new

ISI not in Pakistan government control: Mansoor Ijaz

How would you relate this BS with my post?

You can relate it by replacing the name of the country with agency's name

As u suggested that they are beyond US governments control which has shattered the myth that US uses it as a tool the reply was apt.

You seem to unaware of Pakistan's government hierarchy.

Its same as any governments everywhere.There is a clear distinction between a government and the state.

Yours is a elected government with a set of rules to look into state's affairs using the same tools used anywhere.

The policies , rules and amendments are formulated down from the hierarchy and implemented by the top ones.

The CIA is absolutely controlled by the American President. There is no comparison between the strength of American civilian control over the CIA and that of the civilians of the GoP over the ISI. It is night compared to day (where the ISI is "night" and the CIA is "day"). Furthermore, the CIA is absolutely forbidden to, and does not, interfere in domestic American politics.

Fletcher Prouty had something different to say....

You can relate it by replacing the name of the country with agency's name

As u suggested that they are beyond US governments control which has shattered the myth that US uses it as a tool the reply was apt.

The logic that instigated you to reply must be having foundation "ISI is anti-Pakistan" Otherwise I find no other reason..

By the logic that instigated you to reply must be having foundation "ISI is anti-Pakistan" Otherwise I find no other reason..

That is what you have to decide... state or a supposedly state controlled agency on loose.

Fletcher Prouty had something different to say....

Prouty became a nutcase in his senior years. Is what he thought years ago, in his senility, what YOU think is the TRUTH????

Note the things he said/believed from the article about him in Wikipedia:

As a critic of the CIA, Prouty pointed out its influence in global matters, outside the realm of U.S. congressional and government oversight. His works detail the formation and development of the CIA, the origins of the Cold War, the U-2 incident, the Vietnam War, and the John F. Kennedy assassination. Prouty has written that he believes Kennedy's assassination was a coup d'etat, and that there is a secret, global "power elite" at work to direct world events.

Prouty subscribed to the theory that oil is not derived from fossils but from carbon deposits deep within the Earth (abiogenic petroleum origin theory).

Prouty said that "it would not surprise me if this was a Secret Team operation" in response to the death of Princess Diana.

Prouty asserted that World War II could easily have been concluded with neither the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki nor the invasion of Japan whose obviation was the ostensible justification for those bombings.

Prouty presented "a quartet of the greatest propaganda schemes ever put forth by man" that included Darwin's theory of evolution and Heisenberg's uncertainty principle.

While working for the Church of Scientology, Prouty told Scientology leaders that L. Ron Hubbard's military discharge papers were "sheep dipped," meaning two sets of government records were created documenting Hubbard's service. The claim came to light when a Lawrence Wright expose' on the subject revealed that official government documents contained no mention of any injury suffered by Hubbard during his service, injuries Hubbard claimed were later healed through Dianetics. Prouty's assertion is of particular importance to Scientologists; had there been no injury to Hubbard, a cure of such injuries by use of Dianetics would have been impossible, and thus the foundational claim of Scientology would be undermined.

^^^^ Ok man I take my words back... Feeling happy, great.

Political interventions eh ? There's one organization that comes to mind which is notoriously famous for toppling foreign governments and installing their own henchmen to serve their interests. Just can't remember its name,ahh forget it. Who wants to watch the Bourne series ?

My two cents: When any said 'government' is in control itself, it will control the ISI as well.

Let us imagine that a few decades from now, the head of ISI is a nut case and uses ISI assets in killing leaders of international importance. What can Pakistan do to stop him ? Nothing.

No accountability = No discipline.

This would be true only if the ISI was not pursuing the interests of the State of Pakistan.

Its good atleast they are not under corrupt politechnicians.oh sorry politicians...............

and btw its not a news .

Let us imagine that a few decades from now, the head of ISI is a nut case and uses ISI assets in killing leaders of international importance. What can Pakistan do to stop him ? Nothing.

No accountability = No discipline.
This is not how it works. The ISI has an intricate system of checks and balances,rogue elements are cannot exist. If the ISI was under this governments control then the country would have been in even more dire straits. That sort of thing cannot be allowed even at the expense of hampering democracy. It is a less than ideal situation to say the least

The S-wing is under Shuja's control and Shuja to Kayani and then it gets blurry.

Technically the PM can force Kayani to resign. I doubt Kayani can coup right now in response or even is willing to do that.

Nothing new here and this isn't some revelation, just his opinion.

The CIA is absolutely controlled by the American President. There is no comparison between the strength of American civilian control over the CIA and that of the civilians of the GoP over the ISI. It is night compared to day (where the ISI is "night" and the CIA is "day"). Furthermore, the CIA is absolutely forbidden to, and does not, interfere in domestic American politics.

Come out of day dreaming ..........Its the other way round ur CIA control ur policies as well as ur President.
Ur President is projected as most powerful man but actually it is CIA on the back hand is the power.
Oh really then i dont know how after so much defame Clinton ,then bush and now Obama is going to be selected by 2nd time.
Even though they have lost public support for there doings in 1st tenure.

Back
Top Bottom