What's new

Is India a truly powerful country?

Touchy, touchy.

I personally don't care much about the problems in China. What I want to know is, what is your point? What exactly are you trying to say, on this thread? That is all I want to know.

What do you think? I asked a question to the Indians here, you drag China, and then say no care?

I can say same about you that you are a retard and you are trying to troll. Mind your own business before calling bad about others.

A lot, enough to write a very long papers, can involve the underlying causes of the living environment, religion, level of industrialization, national culture and personality, history, political system, the international environment, too much, I just want to see the answer of Indians . To a suggestion, you can have a look in China before 1949, might be able to have some findings.

no no no no no :disagree: You've got it completely wrong sir.

India has more or less similar problems to what china once had or even continues to have today. I listed them in my earlier post.

A for what you have listed, they are not problems by any count, in fact they are our strength.

Unity in diversity is our strength.

We have Punjabis
Gujaratis
Marathis
Tamils
Malayali
etc.

BUT...we are all Indian's first and foremost!

You are making the same mistakes many other who are not familiar to India make..."How can India be a single country, it is a mix of so many different ethnicities/races/religions.."

Well, that is our strength.

You know how we succeed to preserve that "Unity in diversity"?

Because we give (more or less) pretty much equal freedom to all different peoples to express themseleves and their cultures in a collective framework.

For example, in the same project team of a company in India, you will find a Punjabi, a Gujarati, a Marathi and a south Indian etc.

We give freedom to everybody to express himself/his culture/his religion etc. so that nobody feels left out and isolated.

I'll give you one more example,

Prime Minister: Sikh/Punjabi
President: Marathi/Hindu
Home Minister: South Indian
Congress President (holding actual power): Roman Catholic, Italian origin

The list goes on...

It will be years before India can dream of becoming a powerful country. Asia will be dominated by China.

India comes at 4th position world over in terms of GDP(PPP),has 4th most powerful military,the largest democracy,and the second largest population.India has good relations with most of the major countries in the World,a good developing economy at home.

With these kind of statistics,if you consider India not to be a powerful country,well then,I must leave you at your condition.

Ofcourse India is still not ahead of China,but the potential is indeed there to surpass China.I can see a healthy competition in near future.

yes ajmal kasab is a sikh his name is amar singh -zahid Hamid

Nukes are there so as to not getting nuked and to nuke others if they nuked us, aircraft carriers to strike deep( its for offensive rather than defend).

Here the question asked was that is India powerful and not that weather is it a superpower. Its ofcourse far from superpower, but if you don't try then ofcouse you won't succeed. There are challenges, we can't ignore one issue to gain another, just like we can't ignore our national security to gain what you want. It will take time, but the time will surely come.

Of course - I agree. All I am saying is that if we have enough firepower to defend ourselves against external threats that should be fine. Personally, I would have preferred if the Bombay cops had better bulletproof jackets during 26/11 than if India had an aircraft carrier patrolling the South China Sea.

No. And is China the same?

Seriously, I'm finding it a little tough to comprehend your point. It might help if you stated it outright instead of in a roundabout fashion.

And China is not the same, to be honest, Japan has a very serious corruption, but to cover a lot, but in any case, at least at the grassroots level, corruption of Japan much better than China.

However, Now, we talking about India, and China does not matter here.

Last edited:
At least we donot Blame India for that . Like you did after 26/11

A little clarification will be helpful.It seems way too incoherent.

Dont blame India for what??Who did what after 26/11?????

Back
Top Bottom