What's new

Is Chinese WZ-10 Attack Helicopter, Good for PAF?

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Is Chinese WZ-10 Attack Helicopter, Good for PAF?

Role: Attack helicopter
Manufacturer: Changhe Aircraft Industries Corporation (CAIC)
First flight: 29 April 2003

The WZ-10 is an attack helicopter developed by the People's Republic of China. It is designed primarily for anti-tank missions but is believed to have a secondary air-to-air capability as well. It is being built by Changhe Aircraft Industries Corporation (CAIC).

Specifications:

General characteristics

Crew: 2
Length: 14.15 m (ft)
Rotor diameter: 13.0 m [4] (ft)
Height: 3.85 m (ft)
Disc area: m² (ft²)
Empty weight: 5540 kg [4] (lb)
Loaded weight: kg (lb)
Useful load: 1500 kg [4] (lb)
Max takeoff weight: 7000 kg (lb)
Powerplant: 2× WZ-9 turboshafts [4], 957 kw (1285 hp) each

Performance

Maximum speed: 300+ km/h [4]
Cruise speed: 270+ km/h [4]
Ferry range: 800+ km [4] ()
Service ceiling: 6400 m (ft)
Rate of climb: over 12+ m/s [4] (ft/min)
Disc loading: kg/m² (lb/ft²)
Maximum acceleration: +3 g (29 m/s²)

Armament

Guns: 23 mm or 30 mm autocannon mounted on chin turret
Hardpoints: 4
*Other:
Rockets: 57 mm, 90 mm multi-barrel unguided rocket pods
Air-to-surface missiles: Up to 8 ATGM
Air-to-air missiles:
Up to 8 TY-90
Up to 4 PL-5, PL-7, PL-9

Avionics

YH millimetre-wave fire-control radar
YH-96 electronic warfare suite

083c6ea9e70142011a17fb0724579824.png

^ Z 10 is almost been abandoned so i think T-129 ATAK would be my choice..

first of all we try to purchase Apache longbow & euro tiger.if we will fail than Chinese wz-10 be best option under transfer of technology

WZ-10 is still too light for my liking. It is China's first effort to produce a real attack chopper, (unlike WZ-9 or some other sub-standard stuff), to know-how is important, but is is only the first step. As it is not a mature product, it carries huge risk.

If given the chance, I think even the Chinese army themselves would go for AH-64D. In reality I think Pakistan should use the limited resource to concentrate on something else, or wait until the technology matures a bit more, say a future WZ-10C/D version something like that.

T-129p specially configured version For Pakistan Army. And full Tot

yes some time army says they want to buy tiger than they go to turkey and see atak than they send list to usa for weapons and apaches is on that list why they are confused what they really want

T-129 the engines are more powerful then the WZ-10 and it also has greater range with a higher rate of climb. The WZ-10 is a much heavier helicopter. I don't see the need for pakistan going for heavy gunships.

Plus Pakistan would have the options for the integration of Western or Turkish weapons systems.

Also though why would PAF need attack helicopters ? That is for the army. I don't even think the USAF has any attack helicopters.

Pakistan would probably go with the turkish ATAK 129 in long run...
And Attack helis r used by PAK ARMY not PAF.

guys t-129 is developed from Agusta A129 Mangusta used by the Italian army even if pak goes for it it will go to italy bcoz they have the licence to build 51 + 40 optional. plz correct me if i am wrong

guys t-129 is developed from Agusta A129 Mangusta used by the Italian army even if pak goes for it it will go to italy bcoz they have the licence to build 51 + 40 optional. plz correct me if i am wrong

Are you kidding or Trolling ? or Do you have some comprehension problem ? We have told this subject thousands of times. Check T-129 Atak thread in Land forces section of PDF...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pakistani Defence Industry Director Kingriwi in Turkey visited SSM as invitee of TAI to talk about T-129 ATAk helicopters...

2.jpg

Different than T-129 Atak, Counterparts have discussed about Corvette and submarine programs of both brother countries...

Savunma Sanayii Müste?arl???

first of all we try to purchase Apache longbow & euro tiger.if we will fail than Chinese wz-10 be best option under transfer of technology

I agree with trying to purchase as many Apache Longbow as we can.

It was great of Geroge Bush to designate Pakistan as a Major non-NATO ally (MNNA). We are open to acquire vastly more weapons & military hardware than not being one.

Back
Top Bottom