What's new

IRGC presents an Iranian built Scan Eagle to Russia Airforce chief

mohsen

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
during a meeting between Russian air force chief commander "Viktor Bondarev" and IRGC aerospace chief commander "Amir ali Haji zadeh", an Iranian built Scan Eagle plus a movie of IRGC capabilities on monitoring foreigner's warships on Persian golf was presented to Russian Air force chief commander.

424968_481.jpg

Video: Iran's gift to Russia

سپاه به فرمانده روس پهپاد داد

Really !

Presented to the Russians ... yeah ... well .... Damn !

This has to be the funniest piece of news ever.

Really !

Really !

Really !

Why is it funny?
I think the most funny thing is that KSA by spending so much of money, cannot produce any worthy military equipment. Am I right?
Do not try to troll in Iranian section again.

Why is it funny?
I think the most funny thing is that KSA by spending so much of money, cannot produce any worthy military equipment. Am I right?
Do not try to troll in Iranian section again.

Says Irani in USA !

See how (mo)Ironic that makes your post.

Sonny ... 406 posts ... and you are telling people what to do !

uhhh Trolling again...
Says Irani in USA !
So what?
See how (mo)Ironic that makes your post.
Sonny ... 406 posts ... and you are telling people what to do !

It seems that you have really believed that you are a General in real life? having 3K troll posts in PDF is your most valuable achievement in your life?
It seems that this poor guy needs mental treatment...

Man,thats a blow to those(including me:D) who doubted Iran's capability to make military hardware:tup: good job!
These things aren't 'military' hardware. These are commercial-off-the-shelf products (COTS).

I don't think so. The ScanEagle is a relatively simplistic drone. It would have been different if a copy of the RQ-170 would have been given.
simplistic with 20+ hour endurance and SAR radars? let me know if you know any better drone on this class.
one thing is clear, the Boeing crew are on fire.

simplistic with 20+ hour endurance and SAR radars? let me know if you know any better drone on this class.
one thing is clear, the Boeing crew are on fire.

That is why I said 'relatively' simplistic. Which means that its sensors (the most important element in a drone) are less advanced, and that its costs are way less than the price tag of the RQ-170; $72,000 versus $6 million. That alone already shows the difference in advancement and complexity. The ScanEagle remains a simplistic drone. Although that doesn't say anything about its utility; having a small, smart and cheap drone in your arsenal is of great value, to both US and Iran.

Insitu had no interest in competing for those markets; it wanted smaller, smarter and cheaper. Its ScanEagle military surveillance drone, now in full production, carries a price tag around $70,000.

Nope, no zeroes missing. Insitu's small-biz savvy and use of inexpensive components help it build technology at prices so small they amount to Pentagon pocket change. ScanEagle’s electronics are built entirely from off-the-shelf parts; some composite pieces are constructed by surf equipment makers. Steve Nordlund, vice president of business development, shows off ScanEagle’s recovery system, crafted from a Genie package lifter. “You can actually go to Home Depot and rent this,” he says.

Insitu's UAVs, with a wingspan of under nine feet and a loaded weight of about 35 pounds, can easily be packed into a six-foot box. They launch from a portable catapult with 12 G-forces of thrust, immediately zooming the small craft to its 50-knot cruise speed. Using a tiny engine that sips fuel by the drop and almost fits in the palm of your hand, the ScanEagle A can remain aloft for over 15 hours, rivalling the endurance of the far larger Predator; new models are being designed to fly for over 45 hours at a time. (Aerosonde, a drone designed by Insitu founder Tad McGeer, set a record in 1998 when it became the first unmanned airplane to cross the Atlantic. It made the 26-hour crossing on a gallon and a half of fuel.)

The method to land these planes is even more stunning. Flying at cruise speed, a drone approaches a dangling 50-foot rope. When its leading wing edge senses the rope, the plane immediately slows to a stop; hooks on either end of the wing grab hold and the plane slowly falls to the ground. No runway needed.

And just two people, using laptops and a relay, can fly up to five of Insitu’s UAVs at a time. On-board GPS units can be programmed to trace a flight path or to hover over a specific location. A tiny, intertially stabilized camera sends back live airborne video. The idea was to make ScanEagle small and cheap enough that they can be handed out to small units of soldiers and easily launched. Though they fly low — under 16,000 feet — the price tag makes it a minor drawback if one is shot down. “If you lose one, we’ll make more,” Nordlund says.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/4000889/#.UmYM6RZvdyY

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom