What's new

Iraq seeking US drones to curb al-Qaida threat.

Doritos11

Reaction score
Country
Iraq
WASHINGTON — Iraq's top diplomat says lethal U.S. drones could be based in Iraq to help fight a growing threat by al-Qaida.

The Iraqi foreign minister is Hoshyar Zebari

Zebari said Friday that Iraqi forces need U.S. help with surveillance and analyzing intelligence. He suggests that an unspecified but limited number of American counterterror advisers could be stationed in Iraq to help its military deter a recent spike in deadly attacks.

His comments come 20 months after the U.S. military left Iraq because the two countries could not agree to keep some American troops there to bolster security.

Asked for specifics, Zebari said drones could be part of a U.S. package of support for Iraq.

Spokesmen at the Pentagon and State Department did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Read more here: WASHINGTON: Iraq seeking US drones to curb al-Qaida threat | National Politics | Modesto Bee

Maybe, in Pakistan it does not work that well though.
But the political part of having some US troops on the land is better, assures more sovereignty in the mean time of rebuilding military

Maybe, in Pakistan it does not work that well though.
But the political part of having some US troops on the land is better, assures more sovereignty in the mean time of rebuilding military

I thought you were against the deployment of foreign troops on other countries? Or do you mean that is the better of the two worst cases?

I thought you were against the deployment of foreign troops on other countries? Or do you mean that is the better of the two worst cases?

I dont want permanent bases with thousands of troops in the countries like some others have. A few armed drones helping against al qaeda however is no problem.

I dont want permanent bases with thousands of troops in the countries like some others have. A few armed drones helping against al qaeda however is no problem.

I fully agree.

A few armed drones won't require the presence of even 2 soldiers. The US operate its entiry predators fleet from one location.

WASHINGTON — Iraq's top diplomat says lethal U.S. drones could be based in Iraq to help fight a growing threat by al-Qaida.

The Iraqi foreign minister is Hoshyar Zebari

Zebari said Friday that Iraqi forces need U.S. help with surveillance and analyzing intelligence. He suggests that an unspecified but limited number of American counterterror advisers could be stationed in Iraq to help its military deter a recent spike in deadly attacks.

His comments come 20 months after the U.S. military left Iraq because the two countries could not agree to keep some American troops there to bolster security.

Asked for specifics, Zebari said drones could be part of a U.S. package of support for Iraq.

Spokesmen at the Pentagon and State Department did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Read more here: WASHINGTON: Iraq seeking US drones to curb al-Qaida threat | National Politics | Modesto Bee

IRAQ is a Muslim country and there are many Muslim countries that are building very high tech UAVs which are cheap; should they look to buy from them.

There is saying in Urdu....."AA baail Mujy Maar"...Le the bull come and hit to me...........now after Pakistan, Yemen, Afghanistan and other countries, Iraq is giving invitation to Killing their own peoples....:laughcry:

It's a Good option to accepting US drones in Iraqi Soil to defeat Terrorists

Indeed US should consider Iraqi Officials before conducting Attacks

Incompetent Iraqi politicians. They think drones can detect bombs hidden in cars, suicidebombers walking in Markets between civilians.

And not to forget drones bombing innocent bystanders.

Incompetent Iraqi politicians. They think drones can detect bombs hidden in cars, suicidebombers walking in Markets between civilians.

It would be mainly along the Syria-Iraq border part of the surveillance operations, chance of striking civillians there is small.

It would be mainly along the Syria-Iraq border part of the surveillance operations, chance of striking civillians there is small.

Enhancing state security isn't a symptom of incompetence.

It's a Good option to accepting US drones in Iraqi Soil to defeat Terrorists

Indeed US should consider Iraqi Officials before conducting Attacks

If they are selling these drones to the Iraqis, I think Iraq can eliminate terror groups within few months.

Just so you know.
Most of Iraqi militias don't reside in urban areas, no biggy.

Enhancing state security isn't a symptom of incompetence.

If they are selling these drones to the Iraqis, I think Iraq can eliminate terror groups within few months.

Just so you know.
Most of Iraqi militias don't reside in urban areas, no biggy.

Iraqi politicians are incompetent and have not delivered safety to their citizens for 10 years. Meanwhile they have a soft attitude towards salafi terrorism and let 800 prisoners escape.

Drones will not solve these problems. Inviting Terrorist Americans who back these militants in Syria will also not solve their problems.

Iraqis will be killed like little lambs for the coming 40 years if they keep this soft and incompetent attitude towards terrorism. Iraq needs an Iron-Fist method, like Assad or Iranian method (in case of Rigi brothers).

What is needed for Iraq is mass attacks and Iron fist method. Don't wait till the carbombs reach you like Nasrallah said. Don't give the terrorists rest and send 150000 militias/soldiers to Syria, because now they are concentrated in one place. If they defeat Assad, they will infiltrate Iraq and walk between civilians without being recognized. It's now or never for Iraqis, now is the hunting season. In 1998 250000 Iranian troops got ready to attack Saudi-UAE backed taliban terrorists.

Back
Top Bottom