What's new

Iraq seeking US drones to curb al-Qaida threat.

Yeah, why not. Good idea. What is the possibility and why didn't Iraq asked UAE at the first place they are both Arab countries ?

Not even possible either. The UAE's political elites tend to share the same view on Iraq as the Turks and the Saudis. If it weren't for Al-Maliki the UAE will find another reason to turn down the offer.

Iraq was seeking a UAV, that's why I brought the UAE in similar to @Sinan takes on Iraq to seek Turkey's.
Money allocated for the air force has priorities which are attack helicopters, fighter jets and air defence, not armed UAVs despite Iraq & UAE officials visiting each others weapon expeditions.

Btw, UAE can’t be trusted for supplies by Iraq therefor no deals will be possible with them neither with Turkey nor any other neighbour as they could cut off supplies anytime disabling the weapons.

Example of this is Egypt, deal cut off because of regime change, it’s not reliable.

Yes, I don't think the Iraqi Gov't would trust the GCC or Turkey.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not even possible either. The UAE's political elites tend to share the same view on Iraq as the Turks and the Saudis. If it weren't for Al-Maliki the UAE will find another reason to turn down the offer.

Iraq was seeking a UAV, that's why I brought the UAE in similar to @Sinan takes on Iraq to seek Turkey's.

Yes, I don't think the Iraqi Gov't would trust the GCC or Turkey.

They wanted the US to operate them not buy them btw, it’s less important then the attack helis.

Only a large batch of scaneagles are needed + more RQ 11.
Firepower is available, high tech observation needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom