What's new

Iranian Oscar win is a Victory over Israel?

RayKalm

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Oh the propaganda.

Also, have you notice that both Pakistan's and Iran's Oscar film awards talk about negativity in the country? And both won rewards... Hmmm

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll give the Iranians credit......their film industry is a very big and successful one. They have lots of talented directors and film makers there.

in fact ive seen a few of their films, with subtitles of course

fox news is always gonna be yapping negative things about these countries.....i think Iran deserves praise. Why bring politics into it

I'll give the Iranians credit......their film industry is a very big and successful one. They have lots of talented directors and film makers there.

in fact ive seen a few of their films, with subtitles of course

I remember seeing one Iranian film.. I think it was Iranian. It was about the stoning of a women.

Our film industry is getting back on track too you know? Bol (2011) and Waar (2012).

I'm so glad that it won. And Farhadi's acceptance speech was so gracious:

At this time many Iranians all over the world are watching us and I imagine them to be very happy. They are happy not just because of an important award or a film or a filmmaker, but because at the time when talk of war, intimidation and aggression is exchanged between politicians, the name of their country, Iran, is spoken here through her glorious culture.

A rich and ancient culture that has been under the heavy dust of politics. I proudly offer this honor to the people of my country, a people who respect all cultures and civilizations and despise hostility and resentment. Thank you very much.
I hope the neocons watching felt shamed, even momentarily.

Iran has a very good film industry largely disconnected from politics. Their movies have universal appeal. some people cannot stop seeing conspiracy in everything.

Children of Heaven was a very nice film, i saw it a few years back and it left a good impression on me for Iranian films

Iran has a very good film industry largely disconnected from politics. Their movies have universal appeal. some people cannot stop seeing conspiracy in everything.

I remember Children of Heaven. That was such an amazing movie!

Edit: lol ninja'd!

Oh the propaganda.

Also, have you notice that both Pakistan's and Iran's Oscar film awards talk about negativity in the country? And both won rewards... Hmmm

If you all watch the end of the final minute, the reporter is trying to say that Israel is innocent because they supported the film, while Iran is the bully because they are still angry over zionists...
...What a Propaganda by Fox!!

Last edited by a moderator:

The conspiracy comes from its win over the Israeli film.

I remember Children of Heaven. That was such an amazing movie!

Edit: lol ninja'd!

a wonderful story indeed.

I would ask my Iranian brothers to come up with a list of popular Iranian films. I will download some later to watch, since --for a change -- i actually have free time this weekend

I suggest everyone to watch "In this World". It's available on youtube. It is mainly in Pashto & Farsi. It is truly a beautiful film, & shows how scintillating but dangerous the entire neighborhood is.

Back
Top Bottom