What's new

Iran to take action if US aircraft carrier returns

Pakistan is weaker in conventional military, they also more divided, with their government influenced (and financed, maybe not anymore) by US, etc. On the other hand, majority of Iranians support their government, and could die in millions protecting the country. Thats why then strong Iraq army with a support from US, UK, France, Russia, Gulf Arabs, etc. couldnt win against Iran's civilians.

I beg to differ how is Pakistan weaker conventionally than iran?
We have better ships,subs,mbts,apcs,ifvs,jets,more men and better weapons than iran... as for volunteers you can bet on it tht Pak can gather millions in just a few hour.

most arabs, pakistanis, sunnis are working to destroy or weaken iran
most hate iran because they dont like its islam

You couldn't be more wrong. There are extremists in these countries who hate Iran and Shias, but these extremists hate their own people even more. They hate anyone who doesn't agree with them. And Iran has their own version of these extremists who hate back in return.

However, the vast majority of people in the region (and elsewhere) respect Iran for its defiance to Western blackmail and for defending its right to own nuclear technology. Iran is one of the few countries that dares to stands firm on principle.

I spent a year in Tehran. Everyone I talked to cursed Islam ... not mullahs, but Islam.

The Iranian government uses both Islam and Persian nationalism to maintain support. The Islamic angle is mostly for regional propaganda, whereas the Persian angle is for domestic consumption. Both Islam and Persian history are a part of Iranian culture, so I don't see why you want to choose either-or.

Adversity is the test of character. The Western onslaught is designed to make ordinary Iranians question their leaders and the basis of their support. It is designed to cause social unrest and division by creating doubts in people's minds.

This is precisely the time to stand firm by your convictions and culture -- your FULL culture, Islamic and Persian --, not abandon them because of Western psychological propaganda.

I spent a year in Tehran. Everyone I talked to cursed Islam ... not mullahs, but Islam. They realized that mullahs are themselves nothing but agents of Islam. Islam is the source and it has - as a virus (a meme) - infected minds. Not to mention that these idiots who promote Islam, mullahs, are nothing but illiterate brainwashed villagers. The village idiots of Iran coming to power.

Even the US paid a heavy price for having their Christian village idiot - GW Bush - as president. Do we expect any better from the villagers who know nothing but Quran. ?

Iran's cure is to wipe out ignorance, which comes in many forms, the most vicious form being Islam. I am not saying there are not other problems, but a lot of the ignorance is being channeled into Islam, even if it has nothing to do with Islam. Islam has become the last refuge of ignorant, uneducated, unthinking people who cannot face reality.

There is no hope for Iran as long as the village idiot is in power.
I am offened by your post to be honest with you. I don't think my religion is against civilization, human rights, and development. Maybe it is the way some apply religion and try to force it on others, but just blame those people not the whole religion. Fight for your rights and don't let the "villiagers" steal your country, if you really love your country.

I beg to differ how is Pakistan weaker conventionally than iran?
We have better ships,subs,mbts,apcs,ifvs,jets,more men and better weapons than iran... as for volunteers you can bet on it tht Pak can gather millions in just a few hour.

Pakistan is weaker than Iran in conventional warfare by a long margin but because this is a Pakistani defence forum I will not go into greater details as it will antagonize most members. If your military was anything as strong as Iran's, you would not bow down to USA when they threatened to bomb you back to stone age.

Pakistan is weaker than Iran in conventional warfare by a long margin but because this is a Pakistani defence forum I will not go into greater details as it will antagonize most members. If your military was anything as strong as Iran's, you would not bow down to USA when they threatened to bomb you back to stone age.

disagree

Pakistan is a great country

Wow, you're truly a moron. You don't think leadership plays any role in the decision-making process of a country? It does and especially so when it's a dictator at hand. Musharraf was an idiot and his weak personality, his self-interest and his lack of confidence in our forces forced him to kneel down. Iran has balls and it can talk the talk, but we can walk the walk. We are far more superior (at the moment at least) militarily. Luckily, Iranians have a solid leadership at the moment and unfortunately, we don't. If the U.S. has the capability to send Pakistan back to the stone age, then Pakistani has the capability to send Iran back to the stone age. ;)

Sure pakistan isnt a weak nation, and have very brave peopl and a mighty army. The problem some of people talked about (i guess) concernS about pakistan govt, who mostly acted not-that-bravely against US

US approach to Iran

USapproachtoIran.jpg

You're an idiot. This is what I really don't like about Persians. Just because Iran challenged USA doesn't mean it's the big father of every other nation. And I bet if USA said threats to Iran then Iran would back down. Pakistan only bows down to USA because of it's own leadership. Majority of Pakistani's don't want anything to do with USA.

All blocks are being placed in place as time is passing........

Be realistic-

Amrika barely got out of Iraq- and its a popular decision amongst the people-
Amrika cannot go into War with Iran- which it has been avoiding for decades- for a reason-

The way isee it- Iranis are united when it comes to Amrika-

Iraq was- there was a lose end between shia and sunni- thus Shias helped Amrika in invasion-
Its the reality- it history- Amrika has directly involved i confrontation with those countries which it knew will have local support-

North Korea VS South Korea- in Korea
North Vietnam VS South Vietnam- in Vietnam
Taliban Vs Northern Alliance- in Afghanistan
Shia VS Sunni- in Iraq

Amrika found the later as an ally in every conflict- thus achieving its target-

Who Amrika gona find alliance with in Iran?-

Amrika knows it and the world knows it-
Not gona happen-

Wow, you're truly a moron. You don't think leadership plays any role in the decision-making process of a country? It does and especially so when it's a dictator at hand. Musharraf was an idiot and his weak personality, his self-interest and his lack of confidence in our forces forced him to kneel down. Iran has balls and it can talk the talk, but we can walk the walk. We are far more superior (at the moment at least) militarily. Luckily, Iranians have a solid leadership at the moment and unfortunately, we don't. If the U.S. has the capability to send Pakistan back to the stone age, then Pakistani has the capability to send Iran back to the stone age. ;)

But on Paper, Iran is much more powerful than Pakistan :what:

http://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-comparison.asp

Iran to Pakistan

CURRENT GFP RANK

Active Military Personnel

Active Military Reserves

Total Aircraft

Total Land-Based Weapons

Total Naval Units

Towed Artillery

Merchant Marine Strength

Major Ports and Terminals

Destroyers

Frigates

Submarines

Patrol Coastal Craft

Mine Warfare Craft

Amphibious Operations Craft

Defense Budget / Expenditure

$9,174,000,000

$6,410,000,000

Iran is right to say that any more sanctions on them has a straight meaning that Iran would now fight. As, after 3-4 years from now, US might have withdrawn its troops from Afghan and Iran will be very weak that time due to new sanctions. But if US fight any war right now then I guess, as per Iran’s current naval strength, the US aircraft carrier will have only 50% chance to back if Iran strike. And as its likely that Iran might be in touch with Taliban leaders also so I guess Iran won’t hesitate to send over 100,000 troops in Afghan to attack NATO troops there, in case of any full phase war between West and Iran, while Pakistani troops are also swearing to take revenge of their 24 dead troops from NATO right now :coffee:

At the same time, I don’t think West can earn as much support from Arabs as they got when Saddam captured Kuwait and US was even funded by Arabs that time. Arabs would be even happy with the oil prices above $200 per barrel during that war and won’t care about either West or Iran. And if we have a look on the current debt woes of West, I think any new war, specially with Iran, will bring West back to Stone age. West just can’t fund a full scale war with Iran.:no:

I think, Iran is very well placed right now to win over US/West. And here, I would advise, US would better talk to Iran and remove unnecessary sanctions from them in a decent way, with keeping manner while talking to Iran also. otherwsie US would lose their every credibility if they go for any straight face to face with Iran, I think.:agree:

Back
Top Bottom