What's new

Iran to send man into space by 2019

I think the media has misinterpreted the news.

Iran actually wanted to send an envoy to Ban-Ki-Moon, the present Secretary General of United Nations.

The media must have seen the news of Iran sending envoy to UN and to meet Mr.Moon and twisted the news.

Just my 2 paisa.

:woot::woot::rofl::rofl::rofl::woot::woot:

On a more serious note Good luck Iran.
I have a feeling that ICBM program will be merged with the space program.

And an icing on the cake here:cheesy:

Fighter

Iran studies building nuclear fusion reactor
.By ALI AKBAR DAREINI

The Associated Press

TEHRAN, Iran —
Iran's nuclear agency began studies Saturday to build an experimental nuclear fusion reactor, something that has yet to be achieved by any nation.
:smitten:

Iran is not known to have carried out anything but basic fusion research, but it does have a nuclear fission program that the U.S. and its allies believe is a front to build weapons — a charge Tehran denies.

Nuclear fusion, the process powering the sun and stars, has so far only been mastered as a weapon, producing the thermonuclear explosions of hydrogen bombs. It has never been harnessed for power generation.

Vice President Ali Akbar Salehi, who also heads the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran, told a conference on the new research program that his agency has set an initial budget of $8 million to conduct "serious" research in the area of nuclear fusion.

Asghar Sediqzadeh, the head of the new fusion research center said Iran will take two years to complete these studies and then another decade to design and build a reactor.

"The scientific phase of the project effectively began today. We have already hired 50 experts for this purpose," he told state TV.

The United States, the European Union, China, India, Russia, Japan and South Korea signed an accord in 2006 to build a $12.8 billion experimental fusion reactor at Cadarache, southern France, aimed at revolutionizing global energy use for future generations.

The International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor, or ITER, members have said no single country can afford the immense investment needed to move the science forward.

Salehi, Iran's nuclear chief, said Iran was willing to join any international grouping to offer its expertise to promote the project. However, he said Iran will go its own way should the world not welcome it.

"We are ready to enter into cooperation with any international group or country," he told the semiofficial ISNA news agency.

Salehi said it would take 20 to 30 years before nuclear fusion energy can be commercialized but that Iran seeks to make use of all the capacity inside Iran to speed up its research.

The U.N. Security Council has already passed four sets of sanctions over Iran's nuclear program on suspicions it is being used to produce weapons. Iran denies the accusations, saying its program is geared merely toward generating electricity.

___

July 24, 2010 06:01 AM EDT

Copyright 2010, The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

Iran studies building nuclear fusion reactor | ajc.com

With Sanctions getting tighter and tighter. I highly doubt Iran would be able to obtain the specialized parts and computers needed for a comprehensive Fusion research program.

On a side note the U.S. is getting ready to fire up the largest fusion ignition facility in the world.

https://lasers.llnl.gov/

Last edited by a moderator:
With Sanctions getting tighter and tighter. I highly doubt Iran would be able to obtain the specialized parts and computers needed for a comprehensive Fusion research program.

On a side note the U.S. is getting ready to fire up the largest fusion ignition facility in the world.

https://lasers.llnl.gov/

YouTube - How NIF Works

They just started the research. No body is going to believe that they will come-up with some thing out of the blue. Thier R&D in fusion reactors is still primitive, to say the least.

The important point is that they give value to latest research and technological advancement, unlike other GULF (Sleeping)States!:cheesy:

Good Luck to Iran and USA !:toast_sign:

where is the fission reactor first, fusion reactor is very few in the world, does iran want to achieve for which even western world is speculating
my own shame, please describe this in detail

You may feeling a little envious of them, for advancement in Space Technologies:woot:

And then you, of course know the details of these differences quite well!:coffee: Pakistan has always put thier SUPARCO projects as SECONDRY to nuclear and missile research.

You may feeling a little envious of them, for advancement in Space Technologies:woot:

And then you, of course know the details of these differences quite well!:coffee: Pakistan has always put thier SUPARCO projects as SECONDRY to nuclear and missile research.

no, thank god!!!!!!!, we are very good in technology..

saab jahan se acha pakistan hamara :)

where is the fission reactor first, fusion reactor is very few in the world, does iran want to achieve for which even western world is speculating :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
The difference between them and you is ambition. And I don't care if they send a man into space or if they actually make a fusion reactor. As long as their attitude is right, they'll still make a mark. One only wishes that all this stuff isn't coming out only because of rivalry with the US. If only their energy were channeled in the right way...otherwise they are a fantastic people.

PS- This is also why I have a lot of respect for the Nigerian Space Program and not SUPARCO. They have ambition, drive...all the elements which will let them make a mark someday.

They just started the research. No body is going to believe that they will come-up with some thing out of the blue. Thier R&D in fusion reactors is still primitive, to say the least.

The important point is that they give value to latest research and technological advancement, unlike other GULF (Sleeping)States!:cheesy:

Good Luck to Iran and USA !:toast_sign:

It's more likely they give more importance giving the illusion of greatness. Making grandiose claims and whatever else it takes to keep Iran in the headlines to make themselves seem relevant (Baghdad Bob would be proud). They crave to be the main regional power.

They could make claims tomorrow to have reverse engineered a flying saucer. And some here would believe every word they said and herald how great they are for having done it.

Best of luck to Iran. If possible then do it in next year.

It's more likely they give more importance giving the illusion of greatness. Making grandiose claims and whatever else it takes to keep Iran in the headlines to make themselves seem relevant (Baghdad Bob would be proud). They crave to be the main regional power.

They could make claims tomorrow to have reverse engineered a flying saucer. And some here would believe every word they said and herald how great they are for having done it.
I don't know dude. Sure I find manned mission and fusion reactor a bit of a stretch. But as long as they're doin more engineering and science they'll still be moving forward. And in my books that's way better than sitting comfy anyday.

No offence to anyone....but its only Iran in the Arab world that is usually very vocal about its ambition and is working hard towards it, despite all the shortcomings....

You give even the 10th generation weapons to the arab armies, they will still win you a defeat....not that they lack warrior spirit but poor strategy and command....that is what history says at least....

IMO, Iran is the only country brave enough to stand at the western pressure among the other arab nations....hence i wish them good luck for their purpose....

Cheers!!!

guessing what will b the Iranian equivalent of astronaut:undecided:
It already has an equivalent
"Fazaanavard"

No offence to anyone....but its only Iran in the Arab world that is usually very vocal about its ambition and is working hard towards it, despite all the shortcomings....

You give even the 10th generation weapons to the arab armies, they will still win you a defeat....not that they lack warrior spirit but poor strategy and command....that is what history says at least....

IMO, Iran is the only country brave enough to stand at the western pressure among the other arab nations....hence i wish them good luck for their purpose....

Cheers!!!

I'm very sorry for you that think Iran is an Arab country.:disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree:

In another forum, I remember somebody said: "Isn't Farsi a dead language?"

I'm very sorry for you that think Iran is an Arab country.:disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree:

In another forum, I remember somebody said: "Isn't Farsi a dead language?"

Sorry for the ignorance....all i wanted to mention was the middle east and its few surrounding countries....

Btw, i did expect a thanks from an Iranian member for that 'small' encouraging post of mine....

Cheers!!!

I don't know dude. Sure I find manned mission and fusion reactor a bit of a stretch. But as long as they're doin more engineering and science they'll still be moving forward. And in my books that's way better than sitting comfy anyday.

Exactly right!

That is important. They are not sitting idle. Remember, they are producing scientists at faster rate than even USA. This achievment may be ridiculed over the quality :bunny: but atleast they are on the right track. Quality come with experience and experience with time.

So hold on your breath for some more time. Thier (primitive) satellite is in space earlier than all muslims and arab nations combined and all international sanctions in place.

Great work IRAN.:tup:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom