What's new

Iran to send man into space by 2019

Fighter488

Reaction score

2010-07-24 14:00:00

Iran has plans to launch its first manned mission into the space by 2019, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has said.

The president said the project was originally planned to take place in 2035, but it has been preponed in response to the pressure from the US and the West against its nuclear programme, according to Press TV.

'In response to the enemy's (the United Nations Security Council) resolutions, it was decided that the project be pushed forward by five years,' Ahmadinejad said Friday at the closing ceremony of the National Festival of Iranian Youth.

He also said Iran's Sanjesh Satellite would be launched from an Iranian launch pad and controlled by an Iranian control station.

June 9, the UN Security Council approved a fourth round of sanctions against Iran over its nuclear programme

The punitive measures were to force Iran into halting its enrichment activities, which Tehran insists to be peaceful and under the full supervision of the International Atomic Energy Agency.

The sanctions came less than a month after Iran issued a joint nuclear declaration with Brazil and Turkey based on which Tehran agreed to swap its low-enriched uranium on Turkish soil with nuclear fuel for its research reactor that produces medical radioisotopes.

The European Union, despite voicing support for more talks on Tehran's nuclear issue, is set vote on the adoption of tougher sanctions against Iran Monday, which will target the country's trade, financial, energy and transport sectors.

They also include visa bans and asset freeze, in particular for Iranian banks, the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps and the Islamic Republic of Iran Shipping Lines.

The new sanctions will be approved in accordance with a June 17 declaration by the European Council, which aims to block oil and gas investment in Iran and curtail the country's refining and natural gas capacity.

Yes its possible but not in ten years :cheers: may be fiteen to twenty :toast_sign: and amazing. Never new Iran had such aspiration's.

All the best to them :tup: I would be happy to see ISRO helping Iran in its quest to put man in space.

Though it would be highly unlikely to happen. But i guess Russia will certainly help Iran or even China :what:

At-least they have the Aspiration to do so I wonder how things will turn out to be.

:) the news says the following so my reaction was in that context.

Its paranoia to point finger at US for even sneezing

The president said the project was originally planned to take place in 2035, but it has been preponed in response to the pressure from the US and the West against its nuclear programme, according to Press TV.

'In response to the enemy's (the United Nations Security Council) resolutions, it was decided that the project be pushed forward by five years,' Ahmadinejad said Friday at the closing ceremony of the National Festival of Iranian Youth.

:) the news says the following so my reaction was in that context.

Its paranoia to point finger at US for even sneezing

I think it is 2025 not 2035, as they are saying to prepone it by 5 years. There seem an error in reporting, delibrate or otherwise.

i think they should instead try to build a good economy and set a good industrial base before even thinking about space program, its gonna waste oil money lol..

I think it is 2025 not 2035, as they are saying to prepone it by 5 years. There seem an error in reporting, delibrate or otherwise.

hehehehe and who has reported it ??? PRESS TV?? ;)

i was also noticing the same

i think they should instead try to build a good economy and set a good industrial base before even thinking about space program, its gonna waste oil money lol..

There is a news around that Iran will be able to produce enough oil and gas, for self sufficiency, by 2015.

And an icing on the cake here:cheesy:

Fighter

Iran studies building nuclear fusion reactor
.By ALI AKBAR DAREINI

The Associated Press

TEHRAN, Iran —
Iran's nuclear agency began studies Saturday to build an experimental nuclear fusion reactor, something that has yet to be achieved by any nation.
:smitten:

Iran is not known to have carried out anything but basic fusion research, but it does have a nuclear fission program that the U.S. and its allies believe is a front to build weapons — a charge Tehran denies.

Nuclear fusion, the process powering the sun and stars, has so far only been mastered as a weapon, producing the thermonuclear explosions of hydrogen bombs. It has never been harnessed for power generation.

Vice President Ali Akbar Salehi, who also heads the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran, told a conference on the new research program that his agency has set an initial budget of $8 million to conduct "serious" research in the area of nuclear fusion.

Asghar Sediqzadeh, the head of the new fusion research center said Iran will take two years to complete these studies and then another decade to design and build a reactor.

"The scientific phase of the project effectively began today. We have already hired 50 experts for this purpose," he told state TV.

The United States, the European Union, China, India, Russia, Japan and South Korea signed an accord in 2006 to build a $12.8 billion experimental fusion reactor at Cadarache, southern France, aimed at revolutionizing global energy use for future generations.

The International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor, or ITER, members have said no single country can afford the immense investment needed to move the science forward.

Salehi, Iran's nuclear chief, said Iran was willing to join any international grouping to offer its expertise to promote the project. However, he said Iran will go its own way should the world not welcome it.

"We are ready to enter into cooperation with any international group or country," he told the semiofficial ISNA news agency.

Salehi said it would take 20 to 30 years before nuclear fusion energy can be commercialized but that Iran seeks to make use of all the capacity inside Iran to speed up its research.

The U.N. Security Council has already passed four sets of sanctions over Iran's nuclear program on suspicions it is being used to produce weapons. Iran denies the accusations, saying its program is geared merely toward generating electricity.

___

July 24, 2010 06:01 AM EDT

Copyright 2010, The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

Iran studies building nuclear fusion reactor | ajc.com

And an icing on the cake here:cheesy:

Fighter

Iran studies building nuclear fusion reactor
.By ALI AKBAR DAREINI

where is the fission reactor first, fusion reactor is very few in the world, does iran want to achieve for which even western world is speculating :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom