What's new

Iran to be urged to export LNG to BD : no IPI pipeline extension

Bangladesh importing gas via Pak, India will be very costly as it will have to pay transit fees to both countries.

The movement u start importing gas from Iran ur very much part of the issue dear...

Besides how r u going to pay Iran back as USD is not available for payment to Iran n BD takka is not internationally tradable n international banks will face sanctions if they tried to help u out.

Besides u'll not get Shipment insurance from any international agency that literally translates to no shipment unless ur Govt. is willing to back it up from its own pocket.

Plus since u don't have a US waiver ur country will face US sanctions too.

I suppose bangladesh can do it the same way India is.:nana::nana::victory:

try to convince Mayanmar to sell some gas. It is said they have around 200 billion cft only in 5 of their off-shore blocks.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...o-ipi-pipeline-extension-4.html#ixzz2Tp3dt5Qy

200 billion cft is not a good reserve. So, please check the source if it is 2 or 20 trillion cft or not. By the way, when Burma sells gas from Arakan to China, it buys from Thailand for its gas-deficit south-east.

@Die Hard ... That was a media Err ... In five days I will change your name into ****ed Hard ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good on paper.

But has anyone thought about the sheer complexity and magnitude of such a project before committing to it? They couldn't even clarify the transit project linking with India.

BD needs to carefully evaluate this matter.

You want them to clarify it? :woot: Hasina wont axe her own toes like that. Besides it would hurt the best interest of her country. You cant expect any prizes for solving the puzzle which one is her real country.

200 billion cft is not a good reserve. So, please check the source if it is 2 or 20 trillion cft or not. By the way, when Burma sells gas from Arakan to China, it buys from Thailand for its gas-deficit south-east.
Actually I was wrong. They have a proven reserve of 200 billion cft in 2 blocks and they have invited tenders for exploring 20 new blocks. Its a good news for us too. Lets just hope we also find a lot in our waters too. :)

All Jamat-e-Islami branches around the world are fully supported and backed by Saudi Arabia. The Custodian of the Two Holy Masaajid is said to have spent around a $100 billion in the 20th century spreading their ideology.

Today, we see the fruits of this investment in Libya, Egypt and soon to be in Syria. After that it will be Afghanistan due to the Deobandi Taliban movement and then Bangladesh because of its huge Deobandi population. Taliban takeover of Afghanistan will have a bigger spill over effect in Bangladesh than anywhere else in the Muslim world.

Alhamdu'lillah, both Pakistan and India have huge hardcore Bralevi populations and due to that Saudi Arabia has not succeed to date.

Yeah but, somehow, Taliban and USA succeed.

Actually the issue is not the cost for laying pipelines or paying the transit fees. I am very much sure even if the initial investment will be high but in the long run it would be a cost-effective solution to our increasing energy demand. But question is can we really trust them? Its better to leave them alone as much as possible according to me. Specially when they will see the pipeline can be used to manipulate us in many ways and hinder economic growth they surely are going to use it. Their foreign policy is venomous by nature dude. Better even to try to convince Mayanmar to sell some gas. It is said they have around 200 billion cft only in 5 of their off-shore blocks. According to me, just leave the big cunning bully alone.

Yes, agree with you on this. This is the prime risk involved dealing with India.

Hmmmmmmm,gas pipe line from Iran?involving India on the process? Which by turn will benefit us?we will come out as winners? Despite India's involvements? So many questions comes down to one big fat =0.
CHADER TOBE KATHAL GACH LAGIECHI,HATIRPUL JACHCHI TEL KINTE-this is more appropriate thread title.

Back
Top Bottom