What's new

Iran successfully test-fires 4th generation of Fateh 110 precision missile

SOHEIL

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
fathi20120804080453920.jpg

Iran has successfully test-fired the fourth generation of the indigenously-made Fateh 110 precision missile, Iranian Defense Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi says.

“The 4th generation of the Fateh 110 precision missile with a range of more than 300 kilometers (190 miles) was successfully test-fired by the Defense Ministry’s Aerospace Industries Organization (AIO),” Vahidi told reporters on Saturday.

He added that the latest surface-to-surface missile with improved precision in targeting and advanced navigation and control systems has been completely engineered by Iranian experts as part of the Islamic Republic's plan to bolster its military might.

Iran's Armed Forces can use the Fateh 110 missile to hit and destroy ground and sea targets, missile sites, arms cache, radars and other targets, the minister explained.

He emphasized that Iran is among the few countries in the world capable of producing this type of missile.

Vahidi said that Iran's capabilities are in line with the Islamic Republic’s doctrine of defense and deterrence.

“Iran's capabilities are defensive and will only be used against aggressive countries and those who threaten our country’s interests and territorial integrity,” the minister pointed out.

Over the recent years, Iran has made important breakthroughs in its defense sector and attained self-sufficiency in producing important military equipment and systems.

The Islamic Republic has repeatedly made it clear that its military might is merely based on the nation's defense doctrine of deterrence and poses no threat to other countries.

PressTV - Iran successfully test-fires 4th generation of Fateh 110 precision missile

fathi20120804080453920.jpg

Iran has successfully test-fired the fourth generation of the indigenously-made Fateh 110 precision missile, Iranian Defense Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi says.

“The 4th generation of the Fateh 110 precision missile with a range of more than 300 kilometers (190 miles) was successfully test-fired by the Defense Ministry’s Aerospace Industries Organization (AIO),” Vahidi told reporters on Saturday.

He added that the latest surface-to-surface missile with improved precision in targeting and advanced navigation and control systems has been completely engineered by Iranian experts as part of the Islamic Republic's plan to bolster its military might.

Iran's Armed Forces can use the Fateh 110 missile to hit and destroy ground and sea targets, missile sites, arms cache, radars and other targets, the minister explained.

He emphasized that Iran is among the few countries in the world capable of producing this type of missile.

Vahidi said that Iran's capabilities are in line with the Islamic Republic’s doctrine of defense and deterrence.

“Iran's capabilities are defensive and will only be used against aggressive countries and those who threaten our country’s interests and territorial integrity,” the minister pointed out.

Over the recent years, Iran has made important breakthroughs in its defense sector and attained self-sufficiency in producing important military equipment and systems.

The Islamic Republic has repeatedly made it clear that its military might is merely based on the nation's defense doctrine of deterrence and poses no threat to other countries.

PressTV - Iran successfully test-fires 4th generation of Fateh 110 precision missile
Soheil can you post the link or start a thread on current missiles Iran has built with specification and future programs. Also add Iran's Space Capabilities.

It would be better for guys like us to know about Iran's progress in Science and Tech. and Space capabilities.

Technical defects in their Balls :coffee:
Hard to hit it buddy. Only China has this capability. Not to forget their defense system being the best in the world.

Usa, Russia, China and only Iran. I'm sure that Iran has been secretly developed 4th and 5th generation aircrafts as well.
You forgot India....:cry:
:D

Soheil can you post the link or start a thread on current missiles Iran has built with specification and future programs. Also add Iran's Space Capabilities.

It would be better for guys like us to know about Iran's progress in Science and Tech. and Space capabilities.

Hard to hit it buddy. Only China has this capability. Not to forget their defense system being the best in the world.

You forgot India....:cry:
:D

:) http://www.defence.pk/forums/iranian-defence/164510-iranian-space-program.html

Usa, Russia, China and only Iran. I'm sure that Iran has been secretly developed 4th and 5th generation aircrafts as well.

Can someone please tell me how this Missile is so special, I mean, Pakistan too has SRBM. What's the big deal here?

well once in the IRGC program in the TV one of the commanders told that Persian gulf missile uses IR,Radar and optical guidance in the last stage of the missile and this one must be similar to that ! so now we can use this new generation of fateh 110 for naval and ground targets !

and when he said : all of our missiles will be equipped with this new guidance of warhead i wcan tell you that our missiles CEP will be less than 10 meters ............ except shahab class missiles , because they are for city bombing operations ................. but nothing is impossible!

Can someone please tell me how this Missile is so special, I mean, Pakistan too has SRBM. What's the big deal here?

high accuracy :coffee:

well once in the IRGC program in the TV one of the commanders told that Persian gulf missile uses IR,Radar and optical guidance in the last stage of the missile and this one must be similar to that ! so now we can use this new generation of fateh 110 for naval and ground targets !

and when he said : all of our missiles will be equipped with this new guidance of warhead i wcan tell you that our missiles CEP will be less than 10 meters ............ except shahab class missiles , because they are for city bombing operations ................. but nothing is impossible!

less than 5 meters :coffee:

what guidance the missile uses?

Inertial guidance I assume. The Persian Gulf quasi-ballistic missile that is based on Fateh-110 uses a combination of IR seekers and optical guidance and probably radar guidance to correct its trajectory in the final phase. There have been videos released in the media that show pictures taken from a camera on PG missile when it is approaching the target. So it's probable that this new version of Fateh-110 uses a different type of guidance like Persian Gulf missile.

Inertial guidance I assume. The Persian Gulf quasi-ballistic missile that is based on Fateh-110 uses a combination of IR seekers and optical guidance and probably radar guidance to correct its trajectory in the final phase. There have been videos released in the media that show pictures taken from a camera on PG missile when it is approaching the target. So it's probable that this new version of Fateh-110 uses a different type of guidance like Persian Gulf missile.

Fateh_110.png

Left : Fateh 110

Right : Persian Gulf

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom