What's new

Iran sports thread

Being in Iran you wouldn't know this but the australian coach has been criticised heavily(I mean heavily) for playing old players and not blooding youth, we do have young talent coming through, kruse and oar are both starters playing in Germany.

We have also have rhys Williams, James holland, Thomas rogic, Mathew leckie, Lowry, chris herd, sorata, Eli balbalj, zullo, troisi and more playing in Europe, the coach simply hasn't bothered to use them. I personally think Rogic has big potential, they might not be as good as what Viduka, Kewell and Cahill were but we have talent and the local A-league is starting to produce good local young players.

Also between 2004-05 there was no national competition in Australia which disrupted player development. I think we will see a younger side in brazil, at least I'm hoping so.

Nice to speak to someone with a bit of knowledge on australian football, I watch almost every A-league game and attend many:)

Only one man can knock out each n everyone u have mentioned ie Shane Warne.:rofl:

Glad to hear that. He's been very good for palace this season, beating Zaha and Murray to player of the season. Bearing in mind Murray got 30 odd goals, that's quite an achievement.
will never forget that 3-1 loss 10 years ago...:cry:
We'll smash you in the ashes though.

Rooooooooney is by Far the best player in 2014 WC.

congrats to all,
in 8 matches we only received 2 goals. we won all last 3 matches.
It was a good answer to koreans , They did all they could do. during last week they really annoyed our team in korea, sticking big picture of korean Coach in iranian salon and around the field where they were exercising. many harsh words and blaa...

They were making excuses for their loss in iran, noise in hotel in the night!, visa and blaa.... that were wrong. we provided best facilities as we have for them.
how about now!? the game was in korea and they really annoyed us during last week, even Referee judged very unfair. But they again lost the game. we won two games that we had with korea.

do you remember 6 -2 ? keeping today result too.
In that Game Ali Dai Scored 4 goals.

Loved that sexy man:rofl:

So happy today. Can't wait to buy tickets for Brazil. Last time I saw Team Melli was in Germany in 2006 when Iran played against Portugal. A friend from Iran had invited me and bought some tickets for quite some money. Unfortunately, that friend was hanged a couple of years ago. Really a nice guy.

Iran played really bad against Portugal though.
Hanged??:blink:

Yes, by wheeling and dealing. Something he wouldn't be able to do as England manager.
I've just looked at Roys record, only lost 2 games, one against Italy on penalties in the euros. The other, a friendly against Sweden,

I think international football as a whole is boring. Full of meaningless games. Only gets good towards the end of the qualifiers and in the tournaments.

I still dont understand why didnt u made Alex Ferguson yr coach in all these years.

8abbf22ad85311e2ade822000a1fa7aa_7.jpg

They r wearing Shalwar Kameez:blink:

@BLACKEAGLE

Iran played Jordan last year in a friendly. We drew 2-2. Man, Arab teams always give us a tough time. We can beat teams like South Korea home and away no problem, but then we end up losing 3-1 to Oman lol.

Yes, but it's because we are weak. Lets admit, we are happy with going to world cup, but look.. uzbekistan, Qatar (very small), and such teams are difficult for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but it's because we are weak. Lets admit, we are happy with going to world cup, but look.. uzbekistan, Qatar (very small), and such teams are difficult for us.

To be fair they are difficult for everyone. South Korea drew with Lebanon and finished 2 points below us in the table. They usually do well at the WC. No reason that Iran can't at least get to the second round if we have a good tournament.

Yes, by wheeling and dealing. Something he wouldn't be able to do as England manager.
I've just looked at Roys record, only lost 2 games, one against Italy on penalties in the euros. The other, a friendly against Sweden,

I think international football as a whole is boring. Full of meaningless games. Only gets good towards the end of the qualifiers and in the tournaments.

Not just wheeling and dealing. He has a great relationship with his players, they trust him (especially the English ones) and he can get the most out of them.

So happy today. Can't wait to buy tickets for Brazil. Last time I saw Team Melli was in Germany in 2006 when Iran played against Portugal. A friend from Iran had invited me and bought some tickets for quite some money. Unfortunately, that friend was hanged a couple of years ago. Really a nice guy.

Iran played really bad against Portugal though.

Tickets go on sale in August, but we'll know the prices in July.

Groups will be decided in December.

Here's the problem though, you can't pick games yet and you have to enter a lottery!!!! So if I want to enter I'd have to just pick a group blindly and if I get selected I'd have first dibs on that group.

It makes no sense to me.

I want to go, but it won't be cheap (airfare, accomodation, 2-3 weeks time off work and tickets) so I have to know exactly what I'm paying for.

Hopefully I'm making a mistake and this isn't how it's gonna work. The best way is to rent a house and have a bunch of people crash there for the month and make that the HQ. From there I'm sure you could use the train and get to wherever TM is playing.

@Surenas tickets go on sale in November. I'm gonna round up some friends and family members and try and go.

August man

You have to enter a lottery.

August man

You have to enter a lottery.

That is first round of tickets for general fans who don't have a team. Tickets for specific countries will go on sale in November, most probably through the Iran Football Fedaration (although details are yet to be confirmed).

Interview with Iranian players at airport:

Go to 1:40 to see people in the streets reactions during and after the match:

I was surprised by the low turnout of people in the Azadi stadium. I hear they didn't allow women to enter, and many men then also refused to enter.

This is what I'm hoping Irans group look like.

Germany
Iran
USA
Israel

;)

Back
Top Bottom