What's new

Iran launches Tareq 901 submarine, Sahand destroyer

Federer

BANNED
Reaction score
Iran's Navy has launched the overhauled super-heavy Tareq 901 submarine and indigenous Sahand destroyer in the southern port of Bandar Abbas.

The super-heavy Tareq 901 submarine, which was repaired by Iranian experts, and Sahand destroyer were successfully launched on Tuesday on the order of Leader of Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei.

Iranian Navy Commander Admiral Habibollah Sayyari said on May 29 that the entire overhauling process had been done by Iranian experts.

"The country of origin had failed to deliver plans of the submarine's parts and was insisting to repair the sub in its own basins. However, the Iranian Navy has now developed the plans anew and has acquired a much significant expertise in the overhaul of the kilo-class submarines. With such a success Iran is among a handful of countries which can overhaul such submarines,” Sayyari said.

“Anti-radar systems, wings, pneumatic systems, compressed air systems, pumps and sensors, telecommunication systems, propelling systems, and engine parts were among the parts repaired in the project all by Iranian engineers. This shows that Iran can achieve its goals by all means,” said Rear Admiral Abbas Zamini, the manager of the project.

In recent years, Iran has made great achievements in the defense sector and gained self-sufficiency in essential military hardware and defense systems.

The country has repeatedly made it clear that its military might is merely based on the state's defense doctrine of deterrence and that it poses no threat to other countries.

PressTV - Iran launches Tareq 901 submarine, Sahand destroyer

isnt tariq 901 is a russian made kilo class sub? press t.v is bragging too much these days

congratz
first image shows how our stealth +3000 tones destroyers looks like.
New-Frigate.jpg

wow...its owesome...

And they never cliamed it otherwise....... The news is simply that Russian didnt helped them in repairing the sub so they did it themselves........

yes , news says super- heavy tariq , i mean wtf the thing is not more then 4000 ton.

another pic of IRI PERSIAN gulf destroyer
29180_528_28129.jpg

and also this one
Loghman-frigate-Class.jpg

stealth destroyer able to carry 2 heli.....just awesome

by the pic i dont see it can carry 2 heli's , anyway can you post the spec. of distroyer?

it can carry one heli inside and another one on the heli panel.....

i dont think it's work that way my friend , if the warship carry 2 heli's it will have 2 hangers , or a large hanger to put all heli's in that ,

i dont think it's work that way my friend , if the warship carry 2 heli's it will have 2 hangers , or a large hanger to put all heli's in that ,

many frigates still has no hanger but they have heli pad in the back(like IRI jamaran frigate).so its not a big deal.

Back
Top Bottom