What's new

Iran is developing system similar to S-300

Great Iran will finish this in 2 weeks.. All hail Iran. No country in the world can do what Iran is doing. Unveiling weapons every couple of days that usually take years to research... *gasps* They invented the time machine didn't they?? The great Iranian Engineering done it again. All hail the holy everything Iran. To increase effectiveness of their weapons they should install advanced holy Hussien dirt from Karbala the dirt taking process can be a joint venture between Iraq and Iran. :D

Sorry I am saying this but just came back from a talk with a bunch of Iranians who wanted me and my entire family dead and kept talking about massacring the sand-niggers to rid the world of them so I am just blowing off steam. Yes I stopped down to their level but I don't care.

Edit: This could get me banned or something but I don't care I officially lost hope in Iranians today.

always your Mofties barking that shia does not respect enough some Sahabies but you Wahabi insulting Imam Hussein here so I guess you are desired to die , and I pray your family is not as sick as you are.

always your Mofties barking that shia does not respect enough some Sahabies but you Wahabi insulting Imam Hussein here so I guess you are desired to die , and I pray your family is not as sick as you are.

Dude I am a direct dissendant of Hussein why the he'll would I insult my great grandfather??

The jealousy against Iran is nothing new. While Saudi Arabia had to beg Americans for defense against Saddam, Iran did it all alone. While "they" used to say that Iran can not build a screw, Iran came up with ballistic missiles. While they said, Iran is under sanctions and can not build solid fuel Ballistic missiles, Iran came up with Sejjil. Then they said, Iran can not make nuclear fuel. Iran made nuclear fuel. They ridiculed Iran's claim of intention putting a satellite in orbit. Iran did just that. They said in 2010 summer that Iran's economy will collapse in less than a year due to gasoline shortages and subsidy reform but Iran's economy actually grew while western economies are going to recession. Now they are ridiculing Iran for their intention to build a completely home grown air defense system which by the way is no more difficult technologically than putting up a satellite. Let them ridicule. Iran will show them in a few years. Not only that but this item is going to be hot selling equipment on international markets since alot of countries love to buy a trusted system against future possibility of attack by US/NATO. Since most of the equipment on current market are either banned from sale or are compromised, Iranian system is going to be bought by independent countries which want to bolster their capability. Iran can make billions selling such a system.

Well, I think people undermine the spirit of Iran , while as a Muslim country there is respect for Saudia but one cannot underestimate the , workmanship and quality of Iranian engineering and Scientific contributions

a) Iran produces some good quality engineers
b) Mathematicians , Statistic minds , Programmers and Project Managers

There is no hurdle in stopping iran's local innovations

If you can construct a S200 - Missile sheild , its not too difficult for a nation to make S300 clone with in 4-5 years time

Iran is really Germany of Muslim world ... in simple terms ;)

Iran has the capacity to build a surface to air missile with "capabilities like Russian S-300" in some specific parts.
Iran has a long history of working of Solid fuel surface to surface rocket. Mainly Naze'at and Zelzal series.
Naze'at - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Modlex product: MXF05-000330 Nazeat 6-H Surface to Surface Rocket
Modlex product: MXF05-000340 Nazeat 10-H Surface to Surface
Modlex product: MXF05-000360 Zelzal 3 Surface to Surface Rocket
Modlex product: MXF05-000370 Zelzal 3-B Surface to Surface Rocket
Older generations of Fateh-110 available for export:
Modlex product: MXF05-000350 Fateh-110 Surface to Surface Missile

These rocket's engines are not powerful enough to be used as Bavar 373's engine directly. For example, Naze'at 10 H which is close to S-300 missiles in dimensions, only has a range of 130km with a 230kg warhead. A SAM based on it's engine would have a range of only 52km.
Iran can modify the engine like what it did with Zelzal 3s engine. Newest generation Fateh 110 which uses the modified Zelzal 3 engine has a range of 300km compared to Zalzal's 200km. It also has movable fins which cause a lot of drag. The warhead size is reduced by 250 kg. 650kg from Zalzal 3's 900kg.
If Iran uses those upgrades for the Naze'at 10 based SAM and reduce it's warhead size to 130kg(Which is roughly the same as S-300's missile warheads) it would probably have a range of about 75-80km. Again less than Newest S-300PMU variants which have a range of more than 200km.
But Iran can use newer Fateh-110's engine directly. With a great decrease of warhead weight (From 650 to 150) and a completely new missile body design, It can achieve a range of 150-180km. Near S-300PMU's 200km. But with a much larger missile (more than 30% larger).

Radars are another problem. Iran is working on a Phased Array radar for Mowj-2 frigate. Also pictures of an unspecified Phased Array radar are seen during an exhibition.
index.php

Also, HAWK's old radar seeker (which uses dish antenna) is changed with a new modern looking one.
http://i39.tinypic.com/2hyxzeu.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/02/MIM-23_radar_seeker_DSCN4273.JPG

Seems that Iran has been developing such radars since 2007. I found this janes article about it:
Iran develops phased array radar - Jane's Defence Weekly

And they specified that the development of a Phased Array radar with 6400 elements is done about a year ago. This number matches the number of elements seen on the radar in the exhibition.

I wrote an article about Iran's capability in making a long-range air-defense system similar to S-300 in action in another website. Unfortunately it is written in Persian and I can't translate it because of my poor knowledge of English which may cause major misunderstandings.So, Google translate may help you better than me.

Military.ir, The First Military Reference Site In Iran |

Iran has the capacity to build a surface to air missile with "capabilities like Russian S-300" in some specific parts.
Iran has a long history of working of Solid fuel surface to surface rocket. Mainly Naze'at and Zelzal series.

These rocket's engines are not powerful enough to be used as Bavar 373's engine directly. For example, Naze'at 10 H which is close to S-300 missiles in dimensions, only has a range of 130km with a 230kg warhead. A SAM based on it's engine would have a range of only 52km.
Iran can modify the engine like what it did with Zelzal 3s engine. Newest generation Fateh 110 which uses the modified Zelzal 3 engine has a range of 300km compared to Zalzal's 200km. It also has movable fins which cause a lot of drag. The warhead size is reduced by 250 kg. 650kg from Zalzal 3's 900kg.
If Iran uses those upgrades for the Naze'at 10 based SAM and reduce it's warhead size to 130kg(Which is roughly the same as S-300's missile warheads) it would probably have a range of about 75-80km. Again less than Newest S-300PMU variants which have a range of more than 200km.
But Iran can use newer Fateh-110's engine directly. With a great decrease of warhead weight (From 650 to 150) and a completely new missile body design, It can achieve a range of 150-180km. Near S-300PMU's 200km. But with a much larger missile (more than 30% larger).

Radars are another problem. Iran is working on a Phased Array radar for Mowj-2 frigate. Also pictures of an unspecified Phased Array radar are seen during an exhibition.
index.php

Also, HAWK's old radar seeker (which uses dish antenna) is changed with a new modern looking one.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/02/MIM-23_radar_seeker_DSCN4273.JPG

Seems that Iran has been developing such radars since 2007. I found this janes article about it:

And they specified that the development of a Phased Array radar with 6400 elements is done about a year ago. This number matches the number of elements seen on the radar in the exhibition.

I wrote an article about Iran's capability in making a long-range air-defense system similar to S-300 in action in another website. Unfortunately it is written in Persian and I can't translate it because of my poor knowledge of English which may cause major misunderstandings.So, Google translate may help you better than me.

The missile also needs to be very fast, iran missiles are not usually that fast.

index.php

That radar looks so cool. Very large too. What is its name, range? Does it have anti-stealth capability.

That radar looks so cool. Very large too. What is its name, range? Does it have anti-stealth capability.

Considering the size and number of phase shifting elements, it will definitely have a range in the hundreds of kms and some anti-stealth capability.

Of course, thanks to the difficulty of beating stealth and the fact that Israel and America have a history of using heavy jamming, I hope the Iranians are also working on long range infrared sensors.

Considering the size and number of phase shifting elements, it will definitely have a range in the hundreds of kms and some anti-stealth capability.

Of course, thanks to the difficulty of beating stealth and the fact that Israel and America have a history of using heavy jamming, I hope the Iranians are also working on long range infrared sensors.

This should give Iranians a sence of security and protection. Im surprised that the scientists developing this didnt get a visit from Mossad wanting a cup of tea with them!

Congrats to iranians. Clearly american sanctions are working. lol Iran will be completly self sufficient at this rate. Well done to our neighbours and brothers

I hope so too. Because if they have not done so the Iranians are taking a huge gamble. From the picture it seems the Radar can be folded when not in use but it does not seem to be on a mobile platform. So why the folding?

I hope so too. Because if they have not done so the Iranians are taking a huge gamble. From the picture it seems the Radar can be folded when not in use but it does not seem to be on a mobile platform. So why the folding?

They probably had just developed it and hadn't gotten around to mounting it on its final platform yet. I expect it'll be able to fold into a container like their VHF radar:

VHF-Radar-Containerised-Iran-1S.jpg

It's interesting to note the contrasting styles of the Israelis and Iranians. The Israelis reveal nothing, even after news breaks publicly...Keep talking guys, one day the Israelis will bomb all the R & D sites to hell and the Iranians will be able to do nothing.
Pfp, soon you might see both Is teaming up. One is not going to bomb the other. It's the classical good cop bad cop game.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom