What's new

International outcry over Russia-China veto on Syria

I am personally against NATO intervening here because it is an Arab matter. However, Peninsular Defense Force (militaries of the 6 GCC countries) should intervene and put an end to this violence. I think Syrians would appreciate an Arab intervention rather than an American one here.

Besides, with region's most prosperous and well armed countries trying to resolve the internal chaos, I think it would stabilize the middle east better as this image of self-solving capability existing in middle east would be shown to the world. What's more? The oil sheikhs can score some brownie points with their own people as well about how they are different from people like Assad.

There has to be an external intervention needed but not from NATO. A more intra-regional intervention could be more amicable. Someone like Turkey and GCC should intervene as Syria's turmoil would directly affect both.

Copycats now you guys treat chinese as your masters ahhhh grow up will you. Grow some self respect rather than selling yourself.
As I recall Pakistan is on side on this matter with US isnt it. So your opinion is invalid

no china is our all time best friend :china::pakistan: , and my statement is just anti war .

The double veto is good, but I hope that Assad will show some wisdom and quickly allow a free and fair election.

If the majority is Sunni, they should get their rightful share in a legal and non-violent way. It may mean that Assad will have to step aside.

The best policy is - non-intervention from outside and democracy inside.

There were much similar events going on at Bahrain last year. Opponents of the government, university students, etc being killed, abused, tortured and other gross human right violations...

Why didn't the so called "international coalition of the willing" protest then, go through UN to pressure Bahrain, urge Bahrain's neigbours to militarily intervene at Bahrain? Or is it because it has the US navy base and the government is just a Western puppet monarchy?

At the end of the day all countries will look after their national interests . Cant blame China or russia .

Through the reactions (or lack of it) by Pakistanis on these incidents of mass murder in Syria theyhave themselves killed the concept of ummah , which they keep talking about . Their Hypocrisy stands exposed .

why should china care about international outcry????
we must do things for our own interrest.

btw I am personally against Syrians goverment. the problem must be solved asap. next time no one can help you.
assad should just give up power...

At the end of the day all countries will look after their national interests . Cant blame China or russia .

Through the reactions (or lack of it) by Pakistanis on these incidents of mass murder in Syria the have themselves killed the concept of ummah , which they keep talking about . Their Hypocrisy stands exposed .

It wasn't about national interests. It was ideological.
They are talking about 'Principles' but in reality they just wanted to Oppose US and Arab league, there by projecting power. They strongly feel inferior to the US and some times can't hide it like this instance. Syrian people are the victims unfortunately.

Through the reactions (or lack of it) by Pakistanis on these incidents of mass murder in Syria theyhave themselves killed the concept of ummah , which they keep talking about . Their Hypocrisy stands exposed .

Pakistan voted alongwith India & US for passing the (curtailed) resolution..

There were much similar events going on at Bahrain last year. Opponents of the government, university students, etc being killed, abused, tortured and other gross human right violations...

Why didn't the so called "international coalition of the willing" protest then, go through UN to pressure Bahrain, urge Bahrain's neigbours to militarily intervene at Bahrain? Or is it because it has the US navy base and the government is just a Western puppet monarchy?
That's obvious.because Bahrain hosts US fifth fleet and is not a bad guy to them.They have Saudi supports.Right now Saudi army is in Bahrain.but some people just don't see it.

I am against any foreign intervension in any more muslim/middle east/asian lands.Look at iraq..look at libya..I say good job job russia and china..Asad may be bad but the alternative will definitely be a wannabe theocratic $hithole with eternal infighting between relegious sects/ethnicity etc.

How does anyone even puts words like Assad--Wisdom;Assad give up power...in one freaking sentence??

THe lil Islamist **** bag has already killed 10s of thousands already.

Only solution is if America dosent stick it nose in this; and let countries like SA ,Turkye and maybe Pakistan to offer MIlitary backing to this unislmic slaughter(so to speak) at least it will give some hope to those poor Muslims tht there is hope.(even more if its form Islamic buddies).

Half of this problem is because of American Involvement anyways.. America needs to act smarter if it truly wants Peace in Syria

How does anyone even puts words like Assad--Wisdom;Assad give up power...in one freaking sentence??

THe lil Islamist **** bag has already killed 10s of thousands already.

Firstly Assad has already expressed willingness for an election. Secondly, he is secular Alawite, not an Islamist. Thirdly, external parties are equally to blame for the deaths.

^^where are u getting this form...??
Assad has clearly become delusional calming his people still respect him ... he has no willingness to relinquish power..
What external parties are u raking about...america ,CIA??

NO amount of pressure amounts to unleashing of the military on ur own civilians.

Back
Top Bottom