What's new

INS Arihant : Updates & Discussion

hahahahahaha

frustration building up...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Coming back to the topic, I feel they are too short legged to be called "credible". The choke points which the indian subs would face while trying to get close to chinese cities make it imperative that we develop long ranged (atleast 6000 km) SLBM's and put atleast 8-10 on future SSBN's

this is just an operational "technology demonstrator"...which is in all means capable of doing its job...the next ones will be bigger hence no. of SLBMs will definitely increase..as per the range , well thats in the hands of DRDO, how soon they announce it..;)

Ahh! I was just waiting for someone like you to troll and spoil the party. Seriously how much do they pay you to do this?

I expected more than this from a member like you...

One hate comment can start a whole war of words. I just can't find a reason to bash each other. I don't understand why one opens a thread just to insult another country and not a distant country but our own neighbor and our brothers.

What is hatred gonna give back? Nothing except more hatred.

Anyways, at the end of day I am just one guy wanting some peace and don't wanna destroy this great forum with personal hate and rubbish threads.

Just ignore the trollers, why ruin a thread for them??

What will be the benefits of fitting k-15 over shaurya? Shaurya is cruise missile with a greater range. It seems better.

Re: INS Arihant being armed with ballistic missiles
yes when my great grandson is 100 yrs old

First nuke-sub undergoes trial

India’s first nuclear submarine, ‘INS Arihant’, has gone to the high-seas for an extended trial, indicating that the boomer is on course to be inducted by the Navy by 2011.

One of India’s top secret defence projects for over three decades, ‘INS Arihant’ with a 80 Mwe nuclear reactor at its core, was launched in the water in last July. The sea trial, which began a few months ago, will be carried out for more than a year in different conditions to test the endurance and performance of the nuclear submarine, which is capable of staying under water for months, sources told Deccan Herald.

Once inducted, ‘INS Arihant’ will be the third leg of the nuclear triad enabling India to have retaliatory second strike capability from the sea. At the defence research and development organisation’s annual awards function attended by Defence Minister A K Antony, DRDO chief V K Saraswat mentioned ‘INS Arihant’ as a significant technology achievement.

For obvious reasons Saraswat, did not mention anything about the two other nuclear submarines, which DRDO is constructing at the moment.

The hull of the second boomer is under construction at an L&T facility in Gujarat. The Visakhapatnam shipyard was recently brought under the defence ministry to secretly carry out the construction activities.

First nuke-sub undergoes trial

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INS Arihant is successfully undergoing trials while L&T has already commenced the construction of the hull of the second nuclear sub.

:cheers: fellow countrymen.

Is there a real basis for this doubt? except for some anti-India ranting articles from across the border.

Perhaps u may not have heard this reality bite :

ndia's Nuclear Sub Doesn't Have Working Reactor Yet
by K.S. Jayaraman

India's nuclear submarine INS Arihant, launched on July 26, does not have a "working nuclear reactor" yet, says a nuclear scientist familiar with the project almost since its start.

"If any of you are under the impression that it made contact with water with an actual reactor fitted inside its hull you are mistaken," the scientist told IANS.

The scientist echoes a report in Defense Professionals Daily, a German online publication, which says Arihant "currently is little more than a floating hull" without nuclear propulsion or weapons systems. The scientist, who did not want to be named as he was not authorized to speak to the media, was clarifying media reports implying that Arihant is propelled by nuclear power and that India has become the sixth nation to operate nuclear subs.

"I think the media did not correctly report what was told to them by the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), or the officials deliberately did not want to be explicit beyond a point," he said.
The reports had said that Arihant is fitted with a nuclear power plant that is a replica of the secretly built 80-MW reactor at Kalpakkam near Chennai that was shown to the media Aug 2.

The Product u r referring was a "supported" initiative by GoV of India and more of a student project of engineering students blessed by a company and ministry of education, but never intended for a commercial approach.

This iPad Killer has working prototype and its 100% corporate product.

Last edited:
Just because core didn't go critical at the time of launch doesn't mean it doesn't have a nuke core ,it went critical only in jan and now the sea trials have begun ,and then weapons trial and then the induction

No doubt it is gonna have a nuclear reactor. When the ship is built in the dry dock, weapons and reactors are not mounted onto it. The dock just builds up the hull and the electricals.

The rest are added later at an army facility.

Arihant is fail, seems like another Tejas project is coming our way... Sigh*

Arihant is fail, seems like another Tejas project is coming our way... Sigh*

Even if it failed, as Thomas Edison said, at least the scientist have learned from the failure. Maybe India should start out with a conventional sub instead of go directly to a nuclear sub.

And I just noticed that you have the quote.

Back
Top Bottom