What's new

Indonesia city to ban women 'straddling motorbikes'

nobody has to worry ---they will soon be provided with flying carpets at government expense -----save on fuel cost as well you know........

Sir before laughing just look at the condition of women in India you will not dare laugh again

So u mean to say by sitting on bike differently women are treated bad in India??? Dear Zarvan don't mix the topic.

Yes we all know and accept Indian women are in bad condition, which we are working on to change. We are not Denialistani (from Sher Malang thread) or living with "National Religion" as Denial (Nazam Sethi words). We Indian accept the truth and try to change the situation.

Remedies: We are changing our yardstick and laws.
1. We are working to make police more sensitive towards rape victims (By including NGO's members (Volunteers) in Law process)
2. We are making our norms according to western norms (Unlike some country whr u need 4 men to testify if victim try to lodge a rape complaint.)
3. We are making anti harrasment law.
4. We are making law that husband also come under radar if he unwillingly have relation with wife..

and so on...

We are flexible, we are changing, and trust me our change is positive....

We are not Denialistani, we accept our bad and we raise voice against it...

So u mean to say by sitting on bike differently women are treated bad in India??? Dear Zarvan don't mix the topic.

Yes we all know and accept Indian women are in bad condition, which we are working on to change. We are not Denialistani (from Sher Malang thread) or living with "National Religion" as Denial (Nazam Sethi words). We Indian accept the truth and try to change the situation.

1. We are working to make police more sensitive towards rape victims (By including NGO's members (Volunteers) in Law process)
2. We are making our norms according to western norms (Unlike some country whr u need 4 men to testify if victim try to lodge a rape complaint.)
4. We are making law that husband also come under radar if he unwillingly have relation with wife..

and so on...

leave him. he is delusioned in many things

and so on...

Yes you are making your norms according to western norms and that is why rape has increased in India go ahead keep following western norms and you have the pathetic results you are facing and for your information in Islam for rape witness is not required some Indians just love to talk lie about Islam yes you are changing and changing for the worse

...well at least you are mortified enough to disown them ...that is something.

You see, this why I hate Auslander who make a crack at at country without knowing anything about the political/cultural climate in the country. You don't even know anything about the Acehnese people & society or the reason why the GAM first start their rebellion.

Straddling the line on women rights

did not get it .

You see, this why I hate Auslander who make a crack at at country without knowing anything about the political/cultural climate in the country. You don't even know anything about the Acehnese people & society or the reason why the GAM first start their rebellion.

Leave him mate . He is so blind in his hate for Sharia that he cannot see it without bias . I dont see why people have to shove their views on equality down others people throats . Their country their rules as easy as that . Don't like it don't go there . End of Topic .

This is a good article for haters . Live is not as bad in Aceh as many people would be thinking , while i agree its not as good or glamorous as other parts of Indonesia

Living under sharia | Photographers Blog

Thank you for your detailed post.

Eka (Ika) is number 'one’ in Sanskrit / old Javanese
Ann-eka (bhinn-eka) is ‘not one / many’ in Sanskrit (old Javanese)
Tunggal is ‘unity’ in Balinese

You can put it together....

Maybe, you can get a clearer one-by-one translation, Anyway, In Indonesia, the word of Eka is not in the same meaning with Ika
Bhinneka Tunggal Ika - Wikipedia bahasa Indonesia, ensiklopedia bebas

I was not aware Indonesian Hindus followed Advaita Vedanta since most of their religious practice seems Agama based and not Vedic in nature.

BTW dwaita means ‘dual’ in Sanskrit, A-dwaita means ‘Non Dual’

Vedanta means ‘end of Vedas’ (final objective of Veda’s) or in todays language ‘Philosophy’.

Advaita Vedanta – literally means ‘Philosophy of Non Duality’ and not ‘second to none’

Just to correct you, Adwaita talks about Brahman not as God but as the absolute reality. Everything else is ‘Mithya/Maya’ or ‘Illusion’. ..a bit like the movie Matrix (which was based on Advaita philosophy)

In Adwaita, Man living in his illusionary world worship Brahman as ‘Is-vara’ (literally ‘The Lord’) in the form of Deities (Vishnu, Shiva & Devi). The Deity after ‘Prana pratistha’ (awakening life in the Deity) is the manifestation of the absolute reality in the illusionary world.

Thank you for giving me a much brighter picture of Advaita philosophy.

Thanks for clarifying what the constitution really means. Outsiders are compelled to look at other cultures with our own experiences and hence its easy to draw wrong conclusion. I hope your explanation is the correct one.

Kein Problem, it is my role to explain my cultures and its meaning, feel free to ask me if there's something unclear regarding our cultures or our country. Actually, the first point of our constitution may sound similar to the United States In "God" We Trust. They are using a single word of God and not Gods, does that mean the U.S is forcing monotheism to their religious people? No.

...this thread is about 'lack of freedom for Indonesian women to ride bikes' ...if you have nothing else to offer..you should shut up and stick to the topic.

Using "Indonesian women" in this thread is too generalizing, Indonesian women means all women who live in Indonesia, meanwhile, the 'lack of freedom to ride bikes' is only intact in Aceh province which is not even 5 percent of Indonesia's total population. So, It is correct to say these Acehnese women is Indonesian, but it may lead to a wrong conclusion that all Indonesian women is lack of freedom, and that may derail the topic into a bigger misunderstanding. It is better for us, to keep the topic on Acehnese women, therefore, it is better for us too to use the word of Acehnese, because the law is only for Acehnese people and those who live in Aceh province.

Yes you are making your norms according to western norms and that is why rape has increased in India go ahead keep following western norms and you have the pathetic results you are facing and for your information in Islam for rape witness is not required some Indians just love to talk lie about Islam yes you are changing and changing for the worse

This is what your signature says ,

"Verily, Allah has purchased of the believers their lives and their properties; for the price that theirs shall be the Paradise. They fight in Allah's Cause, so they kill (others) and are killed."

...that pretty much sums up any argument.

This is what your signature says ,

"Verily, Allah has purchased of the believers their lives and their properties; for the price that theirs shall be the Paradise. They fight in Allah's Cause, so they kill (others) and are killed."

...that pretty much sums up any argument.
Yes read Islam Mr before talking this is one ayat but those who want to fool themselves and want to run away from truth they act like some off our neighbors are acting here

did not get it .

Leave him mate . He is so blind in his hate for Sharia that he cannot see it without bias . I dont see why people have to shove their views on equality down others people throats . Their country their rules as easy as that . Don't like it don't go there . End of Topic .

This is a good article for haters . Live is not as bad in Aceh as many people would be thinking , while i agree its not as good or glamorous as other parts of Indonesia

Thank you, but life in Indonesia is not as glamorous as you might think, only in select provinces or Cities where you can enjoy the "Indonesian life" if you don't live in that area tough luck. The Acehnese was once a warrior societies (probably still is) they're different from the Javanese Farmer society so a "Strict Sharia Law" is not really strict to them.

Thank you, but life in Indonesia is not as glamorous as you might think, only in select provinces or Cities where you can enjoy the "Indonesian life" if you don't live in that area tough luck. The Acehnese was once a warrior societies (probably still is) they're different from the Javanese Farmer society so a "Strict Sharia Law" is not really strict to them.

I lived in kuala lampur for a few weeks and liked it there . I don't claim to be an expert on Indonesia but i found that city to be pretty laid back :) .

I lived in kuala lampur for a few weeks and liked it there . I don't claim to be an expert on Indonesia but i found that city to be pretty laid back :) .

kuala lumpur is actually a malaysian capital city, the neighboring country of indonesia.

Yes... no doubt... only if you or any one else, would have read the book.

Can you tell us why hindus do all the terrible things to women?

For Ignorants:
In Indonesia, women ride light scooters.. not the kind of motor cycles we have in Pakistan.
There are no issues with women riding scooters, its comfortable enough.

120626-honda-vario-techno-125-red.jpg

Sorry to point out to you because you ignored something : Though your point is right about step thru/motor scooters, Please read the OP again... The point they raised is not about rider but pillion.... Now tell me what difference it makes if it is step thru of indonasia or motor cycle of pakistan for a pillion rider... Both have 2 options straddle or side straddle :)

Btw thanks for posting that picture, because that is close to my heart for some reason....

Yep, you are right, there are many big contrast between Aceh and the rest of Indonesian provinces, even they have a different form of law enforcer.

ddeef.png

Left, wearing green uniform: Aceh women law enforcer
Right, wearing brown Indonesian police uniform: Indonesian wowen law enforcer common appearance

We haven't talk about the night life etc etc

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom