What's new

India's UN 'yes' vote was a wrong move on Sri Lanka

Kindly answer -- why would you support Srilanka ? do you have no sympathies for tamil people ?

May be they are stealing your water ? Don't release a single drop of Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu: Top Karnataka Congress leader Don't release a single drop of Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu: Top Karnataka Congress leader - The Times of India

No brother you are getting me wrong… I am not against Tamil civilians... What happened in SL that was final war against LTTE… At war you cannot start differentiating…From wherever the bullet comes there you must have to fire…Late Rajiv Gandhi gave them a very good solution …But they rejected and killed him.

Have you seen ever Tamil Civilians went against LTTE...How can you say both are different? They were happy by killing others …but felt bad when that come around … you might be knowing “what goes around that comes around”…and this is the fact.

Have you seen Tribals going against Maoists.So just assume that they are all supporting Maoists and carpet bomb the jungles and kill all of them. You must understand the civilians have no say when living under a dictatorial regime.

No brother you are getting me wrong… I am not against Tamil civilians... What happened in SL that was final war against LTTE… At war you cannot start differentiating…From wherever the bullet comes there you must have to fire…Late Rajiv Gandhi gave them a very good solution …But they rejected and killed him.

So lets shell the hospitals.

We are not talking about rajiv gandhi here are we ? we are merely pointing out the attrocities commited towards innocent tamils during the war.

This is a political issue than a human rights issue.

I just wonder where were those people who are talking about human rights when this Tamil tiger terrorist group were doing genocide against Sinhala, Tamil, Moors and all Sri Lankans? People who are talking about the human rights from Indian Tamilnadu state are funny, they sponsored the Tamil tigers but so blind about killing about moderate Tamil leaders and other civilians of Sri Lanka. These are the people who talks about SL Tamils rights in daytime and at night who jumped to SL waters and stealing SL Tamil fishermen's catch. lol Y'day SL fishermen boycott fishing coz of these Tamilnadu fishermen's activities.

Lets say every bit what you said is true.

What i don't don't understand how does war crimes/ genocide committed by LTTE give the the GSL carte blanche to commit human rights violations against say the LTTE or LTTE suspects?

oh yes, Late Rajiv Gandi is the reason that we lost all our startegic interest in our back yard, the back less swin sold INDIA, HE was killed for the IPKF's Jaffna Hospital massacare and not because he gave a solution.
Just take a look at history what was INDIAs stand until Indra Gandhi and how Rajiv was roped in and how he was mis guided by Hing Commisionire Dixit. If you do not know history, STFU.

So lets shell the hospitals.

There were no hospitals targeted by SL army. Incident what I think that you're mentioning is temporary setup building, what they later called it 'hospital'. I think you may already seen that video, when you watch the clip do you really felt it as a hospital? it is a crossfire incident. This is not like a incident that Indian army did in Jaffna hospital in Sri Lanka later Indian army called it was corssfire incident.

---
The Jaffna hospital massacre happened on October 21 and 22, 1987 during the Sri Lankan Civil War, when soldiers of the Indian Army entered the premises of the Jaffna Teaching Hospital in Jaffna, Sri Lanka, an island nation in South Asia, and killed about 68–70 patients, nurses, doctors and other staff members. The rebel Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam,[4] the government of Sri Lanka,[1] and independent observers such as the University Teachers for Human Rights[3] and others[2][5][6] have called it a massacre of civilians, whereas the Indian army officer in charge of the military operations, Lieutenant General Depinder Singh, claimed that these civilians were killed in a crossfire between the soldiers and the rebels.[7] Soldiers responsible for this massacre were not prosecuted by the Indian government

----

There were no hospitals targeted by SL army. Incident what I think that you're mentioning is temporary setup building, what they later called it 'hospital'. I think you may already seen that video, when you watch the clip do you really felt it as a hospital? it is a crossfire incident. This is not like a incident that Indian army did in Jaffna hospital in Sri Lanka later Indian army called it was corssfire incident.

---
The Jaffna hospital massacre happened on October 21 and 22, 1987 during the Sri Lankan Civil War, when soldiers of the Indian Army entered the premises of the Jaffna Teaching Hospital in Jaffna, Sri Lanka, an island nation in South Asia, and killed about 68–70 patients, nurses, doctors and other staff members. The rebel Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam,[4] the government of Sri Lanka,[1] and independent observers such as the University Teachers for Human Rights[3] and others[2][5][6] have called it a massacre of civilians, whereas the Indian army officer in charge of the military operations, Lieutenant General Depinder Singh, claimed that these civilians were killed in a crossfire between the soldiers and the rebels.[7] Soldiers responsible for this massacre were not prosecuted by the Indian government

----

Nobody is justifying IPKF and you should not justify SLA either.

You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or who says it." - Malcolm X

---

----
i have to go with your bold part, INDIA should have not sent in IPKF in the first place and these IPFK personal who commited murder should also be booked for Human Rights violation against patients and hospital staff, but that does not end there, all the SL army personal involved in war crimes during the eelam war should also be brought to books.

Lets say every bit what you said is true.

What i don't don't understand how does war crimes/ genocide committed by LTTE give the the GSL carte blanche to commit human rights violations against say the LTTE or LTTE suspects?

Government of one country took a action against a terrorist group, no once claim human rights violence terrorist who killed in the action. Hunting the top leaders of terrorist outfit is good. Captured and surrendered Tamil Tigers rehabilitated by government then back to society.

i have to go with your bold part, INDIA should have not sent in IPKF in the first place and these IPFK personal who commited murder should also be booked for Human Rights violation against patients and hospital staff, but that does not end there, all the SL army personal involved in war crimes during the eelam war should also be brought to books.

Sorry correct me if am wrong, tht resolution was defeated by china/pak axis, now how would india go about implementing/giving justice to the innocent tamils who sufferred during the conflict ?

I do not want to protect anyone who clearly have involved in any incident against civilians, But I protect our brave soldiers who spend their lives to bring the peace in to my sweet cute island!

Sorry correct me if am wrong, tht resolution was defeated by china/pak axis, now how would india go about implementing/giving justice to the innocent tamils who sufferred during the conflict ?

It is not India's business...!

Why would india go to war with Srilanka ?? if india decides to go to war with Lanka India will win hands down there is nothing Lankans can about it. Fact...

Yes India is not going to attack SL in far near future, but few people here are trying to play with the fire of false propaganda.

SL has lost the opportunity to be with civilized nations but has opted to act rouge. They were doing well and getting help from every single civilized nation; be it was busting LTTE aid network in western countries and in India or assistance on getting weapons, tactile training and siege of LTTE channels in IOR.

It’s a rubbish statement by part of many spineless Indians that SL will choose others at the cost of India because of this voting. Way back, before this voting, SL acted rouge on the instigation of new friends. Just when she was doing well SL opted become partner of their strategic designs like string of pearls and Hindu intolerance. The same friend has history of instigating others (1965 war) by inflating her own capabilities and faking assistance.

SL has/will choose others because of hostile India is what they themselves will say to cloak and justify their own national independent decision making. SL has/will make her choices, and going by post of few Sri Lankan lunatics and their daring of doing false propaganda shows that they had made their choices way back. They are the same nation who being a member of NAM never supported us in 1962 war, opted USA over India in past.

Now they are refusing to act on UN resolution. The UN resolution was supposed to be passed in UN irrespective of Indian vote in affirmation or not. Now they have no salvation other than to face the consequences, comply or to be in block were she was already itching to be in by acting like Nazis.

Any spineless Indian who shivers in his pants because India voted against SL should understand the simple statistics of UN voting, before ranting.

If there was no human right violation than Sri Lanka has nothing to fear from this resolution. India did the right thing.

Yes India is not going to attack SL in far near future, but few people here are trying to play with the fire of false propaganda.

SL has lost the opportunity to be with civilized nations but has opted to act rouge. They were doing well and getting help from every single civilized nation; be it was busting LTTE aid network in western countries and in India or assistance on getting weapons, tactile training and siege of LTTE channels in IOR.

It’s a rubbish statement by part of many spineless Indians that SL will choose others at the cost of India because of this voting. Way back, before this voting, SL acted rouge on the instigation of new friends. Just when she was doing well SL opted become partner of their strategic designs like string of pearls and Hindu intolerance. The same friend has history of instigating others (1965 war) by inflating her own capabilities and faking assistance.

SL has/will choose others because of hostile India is what they themselves will say to cloak and justify their own national independent decision making. SL has/will make her choices, and going by post of few Sri Lankan lunatics and their daring of doing false propaganda shows that they had made their choices way back. They are the same nation who being a member of NAM never supported us in 1962 war, opted USA over India in past.

Now they are refusing to act on UN resolution. The UN resolution was supposed to be passed in UN irrespective of Indian vote in affirmation or not. Now they have no salvation other than to face the consequences, comply or to be in block were she was already itching to be in by acting like Nazis.

Any spineless Indian who shivers in his pants because India voted against SL should understand the simple statistics of UN voting, before ranting.

Has the resolution been passed ?

Back
Top Bottom