What's new

India's shameful surrender at Kandhar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha another strike by AJTR, part of the long list of premptive stikes by her in support of Pakistanis in the month of December.

@ajtr madam you are 2 days too late. The Pakistani Army already surrendered on 16th. We now have a ceasefire in place :P
But just in time for india's surrender so it starts from 24th dec till 1st jan every year isnt it........:cheesy:

Last edited by a moderator:
@Aeronaut You closed the thread and its back again. :D

Any MOD online ?

For me the safety of the passenger of civilian flight, captured by Islamic terrorists, was more valuable than a few terrorists we had kept in our prison. I supported govt action that day and i think what was done was the need of the hour.

Btw, it was lapse of security which allowed fanatics into flight in Kathmandu, Nepal. And putting guns on the head of innocent is not exactly a sign of bravery. Rather such acts are done by weak-hearted losers who can not fight face to face with the armed forces.

BJP loses face over Kandhar surrender before terrorists

NEW DELHI: Even as Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP) has lost face over tackling terrorism, former External Affairs minister Jaswant Singh is coming out with interesting explanations to defend his decision of compromise he made with the terrorists during the Kandahar hijack crisis.

Earlier, he was quoted saying that his staff officials persuaded him to compromise with terrorists now he has stated, "That was inevitable as he could not "accept responsibility" for letting 166 innocent people on board IC-814 be blown apart on the midnight of December 31, 1999, the deadline set by the hijackers.

BJP government had released dreaded terrorist and also handed over money and arms to the hijackers in exchange of passengers. Madan Lal Khurana former BJP leader has alleged that Rs.900 crore was paid to the terrorists at Kandhar. Jaswant Singh at one stage said that he was under tremendous international pressure to obtain release of passengers.

The nation has been raising questions over role of Jaswant Singh in the back drop of Mumbai rail blasts killing 240 people last week. He however has explained that "The threat was real and it could not be brushed off. For that was the intelligence that had firmly and convincingly come our way, that if there was no resolution, the hijackers would do just that - preferably in a suicide mission, with the aircraft in the air," he says in his memoirs 'A call to honour' scheduled to hit the stands tomorrow.

"At first, I stood against any compromise, then, slowly, as the days passed, I began to change," he says. Singh also says that the role of forces inimical to India, specifically Pakistan's ISI, in the hijack "became so obvious and visible as events began to further unfold".

There was also a controversy over alleged payment of Rs.900 crores in dollars as ransom, which however, does not find mention in the book except for a reference that it was one of the demands of the hijackers.

Singh says in the book that India has repeatedly asked the US to hand over Taliban Foreign Minister Muttavakil for prosecution but Washington only provided 'limited access'.

"Repeatedly India has asked the United States, now the virtual ruler of Afghanistan, that it should hand over Muttavakil for prosecution. The United States has provided limited access but no more. That is the extent of its cooperation with India, so far, in this 'joint fight against terrorism'," Singh says.

"I do not really know what to term my mission - a rescue mission, an appeasement exercise, a flight to compromise or a flight to the future?" he asks.

Interestingly, Singh says the Taliban had actually goaded the negotiations on the hijackers of IC-814 and had even contemplated storming the Indian Airlines plane to rescue the passengers.

"He said that while the inevitability of such a course was discussed in the beginning, it was shelved once I arrived on the scene and it became known that India was sending its negotiating team," he says.

============================================

For me the safety of the passenger of civilian flight, captured by Islamic terrorists, was more valuable than a few terrorists we had kept in our prison. I supported govt action that day and i think what was done was the need of the hour.

Btw, it was lapse of security which allowed fanatics into flight in Kathmandu, Nepal. And putting guns on the head of innocent is not exactly a sign of bravery. Rather such acts are done by weak-hearted losers who can not fight face to face with the armed forces.
Aparently kandhar was not the only surrender india did.PM V.P.Singh's Govt too surrendered and released terrorist to get then Home minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed's daughter Rubaiya Sayeed released in 1989.

Aparently kandhar was not the only surrender india did.PM V.P.Singh's Govt too surrendered and released terrorist to get then Home minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed's daughter Rubaiya Sayeed released in 1989.

Again I don't see an issue - the act was done to save a daughter of India.. We got her released and our men have been gunning down the ones released.

Shame is on the ones who kidnapped their Muslim sister and used her as a tool to trade some lives. I am sure people with shame will commit suicide even before thinking of such a heinous thing.

Again I don't see an issue - the act was done to save a daughter of India.. We got her released and our men have been gunning down the ones released.

Indian govt say we released terrorists and gave 300 million dollar ransom money to save life of passengers.so why the argument of niazi surrendering to save the lives of civilians caught in crossfire of two armies takes as such.niazi had 30000 troops in dacca if he wanted he would have made the life hell for everyone in dacca through urban war.and mind you its not easy to win urban war Beirut reminds of it.millions would have died in dacca urban war.

Indian govt say we released terrorists and gave 300 million dollar ransom money to save life of passengers.so why the argument of niazi surrendering to save the lives of civilians caught in crossfire of two armies takes as such.niazi had 30000 troops in dacca if he wanted he would have made the life hell for everyone in dacca through urban war.and mind you its not easy to win urban war Beirut reminds of it.millions would have died in dacca urban war.

Hey Governor. Read this and tell me isn't it typical head in the sand reply from a typical Pakistani!!

I don't want to read that whole essay, can someone tell in simple words what happened in Kandhahar?

A few Pakistani terrorists headed by Maulana Massod Azahar's brother hijacked an Indian Airlines flight IC-814 from Kathmandu(they were aided by Pakistani diplomat in Nepal, who helped them get weapons and explosives on to the plane , he was later declared a "Persona non grata" and chucked out by nepalese govt.)

Anyways these terrorist hijacked the plane ..and first took it to Amritsar for refueling and later to Lahore. Pakistani authorities not willing to be directly involved in the hijack..refused to land the plane.

IC-814 was then taken to Kandahar(Afghanistan was in Taliban control those days).

Terrorists initially demanded the release of Massod Azahar(who had been captured in Kashmir by Indian forces and sent to prison), remain of some of their compatriots who were killed in Kashmir and certain amount of money or they would blow up the plane.

Taliban govt which was uncooperative with Indian govt..refused Indian govt permission to launch operations to recapture the plane.

Finally Indian govt, after few days of waiting, due to intense local pressure, had to give in to the demands of terrorists and release Massod Azahar.

But a few a good things did came out of the whole Kandhar scenario.

1) Indian forces stopped taking prisoner in Kashmir(they were all killed on sight)

2) Indian govt entered in to negotiations with Tajikastan govt for lease Ayani airbase to India,,to station IAF aircrafts and special forces...so that if in future, a similar situation arise, they would be able to launch spec ops into Afghanistan from there.

3)Maulana Massod Azahar went to Pakistan and created a terror outfit called Jaish-e -Mummhad but soon became disillusioned with change policies of Pakistani govt ..even tried to assassinate Musharraf after his U-turn on Kashmir.

@jbond197 This is called Besharmi. :D

Did you know, the terrorist group founded by one of the terrorist was helped by ISI but after US declared it terrorist group and banned it, Pakistan govt. also banned it. Then they started attacking Pakistani soldiers and people.

You can see that they are enemy of both, India and Pakistan. But few members don't understand the pain of the victim of hijacked plane and the people killed by JeM after, both in India and Pakistan.

These members are supporters of terrorists

They deleted Vijay Diwas thread and this thread is up and running again after closed once.

Another day at PDF. :coffee:

A nuclear power surrendering to a non-nuclear farting tin horns.

@ajtr - Is India the only nuclear power surrendering to some non-nuclear farting tin horns? I would like to understand.

@ajtr - Is India the only nuclear power surrendering to some non-nuclear farting tin horns? I would like to understand.
India is the only Nuke power to show anything in paying back.

Indian govt released Massod Azahar only, "no money" and "no remains of dead terrorist" were given.
Taliban which was acting as negotaitor b/w Indian govt and the hijackers ..convinced the hijackers to drop the demand for money ..as it was against "Ismlamic principals".

India is the only Nuke power to show anything in paying back.

Now I have made my point(and I am sure you understood as well what I am pointing to) , I will maintain my silence as I do not want to divert further away from the topic at hand.

Shame on India for such a big blunder!! It is one of the kind in the history of man kind and probably can be considered much bigger a defeat than 90000 + soldiers surrendering without thinking of lifting the gun. It indeed is a shame. I think to counter this India should put more resources in Afghanistan, provide them weapons, air support, armed training and probably in long term deploy a few nuke tipped missiles there.

May be all this could result in a biggest surrender of the century much bigger than 90k in 1971 :lol:

or maybe bollywood dreams and imaginations are getting to your head too much

by the way, some of your 'facts' are incorrect. You (and the forum) are best served by UNDIGESTED and factual information. Not rhetorics.

as for the hijacking itself -- it was over a decade ago and is now long forgotten and never spoken about. Let's just move on.

Now I have made my point(and I am sure you understood as well what I am pointing to) , I will maintain my silence as I do not want to divert further away from the topic at hand.
What topic bro ? This thread was closed by Aeronaut and she again posted it. Breach of laws. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom