What's new

India's reply to militants: 'Spy fidayeen bomb'

Red Dwarf

Reaction score

The BSF has developed a 'spy fidayeen bomb' vehicle which can stealthily enter into enemy territory for surveillance and explode itself to eliminate a militant.

The force's technical wing has developed a battery operated, four-wheel-enabled vehicle which has a night vision camera and a cavity to carry an explosive to neutralise the enemy.

"The apparatus can be operated by a remote control at a distance of 200 metre. It has a video camera attached to it for receiving visuals and can function at night also," BSF
Inspector Rajendra Prasad said.

The device, costing Rs 20,000 has been developed by the Assam-Meghalaya frontier of the force and the functioning of the apparatus was also demonstrated to BSF Director General Raman Srivastava during an exhibition here.

The orange coloured four-wheeler's signals can be received on a screen by the handler outside an enemy hideout and can be used by troops in operations, Prasad, whose team developed the device, said.

The para-military force has got a full-fledged technical wing which takes up research and development of such gadgets and devices which are useful for the force in its operational areas.

Other units of the force have also developed equipments like low-cost battery chargers, electronic tracker for stolen weapons and wireless extension for POLNET among others. The force recently got a patent on an Jammer device for IEDs.

Source : India's reply to militants: 'Spy fidayeen bomb'

Last edited:

The BSF has developed a 'spy fidayeen bomb' vehicle which can stealthily enter into enemy territory for surveillance and explode itself to eliminate a militant.

The force's technical wing has developed a battery operated, four-wheel-enabled vehicle which has a night vision camera and a cavity to carry an explosive to neutralise the enemy.

"The apparatus can be operated by a remote control at a distance of 200 metre. It has a video camera attached to it for receiving visuals and can function at night also," BSF
Inspector Rajendra Prasad said.

The device, costing Rs 20,000 has been developed by the Assam-Meghalaya frontier of the force and the functioning of the apparatus was also demonstrated to BSF Director General Raman Srivastava during an exhibition here.

The orange coloured four-wheeler's signals can be received on a screen by the handler outside an enemy hideout and can be used by troops in operations, Prasad, whose team developed the device, said.

The para-military force has got a full-fledged technical wing which takes up research and development of such gadgets and devices which are useful for the force in its operational areas.

Source : India's reply to militants: 'Spy fidayeen bomb'

Seems too costly for an exploding toy !!
Good to hear para-military force got a r&d unit, but this thing they developed...
Engineering students come up with something like this every now and than.

It isnt as simple as it looks,and neither will be cheap, rs 20000 looks reasonable
btw i havent seen any engg student coming up with a exploding toy

It isnt as simple as it looks,and neither will be cheap, rs 20000 looks reasonable
btw i havent seen any engg student coming up with a exploding toy

Explosion is a part of it. It still a robot, with eyes. This, engg. students have made.

Explosion is a part of it. It still a robot, with eyes. This, engg. students have made.

I am sure we don't know the complete specs and its capabilities but saying it is as simple as the projects that i used to make during my engineering days would be far fetched....

I am sure we don't know the complete specs and its capabilities but saying it is as simple as the projects that i used to make during my engineering days would be far fetched....

Nah, not far fetched at all. You wouldn't believe how simple things turn out to be using little brain and little modification.

Offcourse I can be wrong, and I hope I am wrong...
Hope it is something much much more than what a engg student can come up with..

Last edited:
Seems too costly for an exploding toy !!
Good to hear para-military force got a r&d unit, but this thing they developed...
Engineering students come up with something like this every now and than.

20grand is cheap...compare it with the cost of training and feeding a human for years..and you'd see the ingenuity in this...
a good invention imo...our own mechanized fidayin!

Back
Top Bottom