What's new

India's Future Infantry Combat Vehicle

Water Car Engineer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
http://livefist.blogspot.com/2010/10/indias-future-infantry-combat-vehicle.html

From the latest DRDO Tech Focus issue: "Indigenous development of the Indian ICV Abhay has led to the creation of technology base and know-how for the envisaged development of a Future Infantry Combat Vehicle (FICV). The programme has also enabled identification of suitable industry partners, and has created pools of excellence in development of ICV sub systems The system integration capability at lab level has enhanced to a significant level, which will facilitate undertaking technology intensive programme. Development of FICV was derived mainly due to breakthrough technologies and developments in automobile industry worldwide and to meet the long-term requirements of the Services. To realise the FICV within the time frame visualised by the Army and to use the lead time available DRDO has taken the initiative to commence a technology demonstration project,'Development of Enabling Technologies' for FICV to develop a virtual prototype of complete vehicle."

FICV2-723286.JPG

FICV1-724071.JPG

FICV3-724674.JPG

the first picture in from live fist looks like an hybrid BMP

In depth updates of DRDO's Future Combat System for F-ICV and Mission System Controller for AWACS rogrammes....

DRDO's F-ICV and AWACS

Lot more images are there as well..... :cheers:

BTW FICV will be developed by three Indian private companies in collaboration with DRDO of them two will be selected for production. The winner will produce 70% of the requirements and the runner up will build the rest. Indian Army needs 2600 new generation ICVs.

Last edited:
CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN IFV AND ICV?

I think there is no real difference, just another name for a tracked vehicle that transports and gives fire support for our troops.

sancho, I think the technology involved in the FICV is futuristic though the looks of the BAE ones are better.

What is happening in FICV project ??/ I heard 4 companies were participating, and two will be selected and they would be given a time frame of 7-8 years so that it would get ready by 2018.

But when is this going to start, i thought the decision was supposed to be made in Aug. 2010 (or Aug 2011 ??/) (correct me if i am wrong).

i am sorry but the looks of it seems to suggest that it ain't very futeristic......hope they make it a bit better looking.

I also hope we does not make something like the one showed in graphics. Its ugly and looks just like our current BMPs. But i think BAE might field some variant of BAE Systems SEP via Mahindra.

I hope we also make something like US Stryker.

No pun..........but it looks anything but futurisitic!

The same soviet bmp apc with a gun.

Back
Top Bottom